Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
04-06-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Darkstalkers Chronicle The Chaos Tower
I tried it on v0.9.8 and it's still got the same glitches as before, are you on android or Windows?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 10:54 AM
the windows x64 version,works like a charme,don't know abou android,all my android devices are so cheap and slow i didn0t even tried to install ppsspp on them

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I just tried the build you mentioned earlier and it still doesn't work on android,I guess it only works on Windows at this point.
07-09-2014, 08:17 AM
(04-07-2014 06:46 PM)QuarterRab Wrote:  I just tried the build you mentioned earlier and it still doesn't work on android,I guess it only works on Windows at this point.

i tried it on an android device(an Archos cellphone)and wit hthe settings suggested before it works..its just slow as hell though...just like the other games when you select render framebuffer to either cpu or gpu
07-16-2014, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 03:21 PM by NickGrouwen.)
Yeah works great now when I press F5 and switch to Read Framebuffer to Memory
edit: just finished the playing game, kinda fun but also lame...anyways it worked fine except for when you bring up the menu, see pic below
[Image: hxw5m70.png]

Hi I'm Belgian and my English is so-so. I play on desktop PC running Windows 8.1. I don't have any technical knowledge
08-14-2014, 06:28 PM
Still no some method to work on android without framebuffer to cpu, gpu?
12-12-2014, 07:46 PM
(08-14-2014 06:28 PM)Miryo Wrote:  Still no some method to work on android without framebuffer to cpu, gpu?

well now i'm waiting for those android settings as well...
12-29-2014, 09:30 AM
EU is the only playable? I have the US ver. here and the char selection and in-game are messed up.

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
10-16-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
I apologize for bumping this thread, but I downloaded the latest version for Windows and the game both the USA and Europe version is still missing the sprites. Is there a fix for this yet.
06-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Just tried it out, same problems with invisible menu options and character select screen. I get the main menu just fine, but when I move to Arcade none of the options show.
07-22-2017, 02:36 PM
(06-01-2017 11:44 AM)AssClown_King Wrote:  Just tried it out, same problems with invisible menu options and character select screen. I get the main menu just fine, but when I move to Arcade none of the options show.

Yeah wonder if this will ever be updated, non-buffered or CPU/GPU rendering help I recall but might just be best to stick to the arcade ports.
07-22-2017, 08:07 PM
If fans of this game wants an update - to see this game's proper graphics the only option is and probably forever will be software rendering - which does require a powerful desktop pc and on mobile platforms was actually completely hidden not long ago.

The problem is this isn't a proper PSP game, it looks like it's running inside an emulator and has as a matter of fact similar problem to menus in many psp homebrew emulators - for some graphics it's direcly writing bytes to vram which can't be detected by rendering api's. Even with hacks it's unlikely to detect that properly without making it even slower than software rendering is.
Read framebuffers to memory that people use here isn't a proper solution, it just uploads everything which is not how games work and not only this causes various graphic glitches, it also tends to cause crashes so there are plans to remove it completely in the future.

For reference see #6647 and #9080 which describe such problems.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-26-2018, 08:55 PM
there has been a regression with latest (1.6) build. the game will now run only with that software option, and its very slow even on my I7 with 16 gb of ram!
05-27-2018, 01:06 AM
As I wrote in post above this is not a regression, the hackish option which was showing some things mixed with glitches wasn't displaying correct graphics in this game either, there were many reasons to remove it and just like I warned above, it finally was removed.

Using software rendering was always the only way to display this game correctly and most likely as I explained in post above forever will be.
Software rendering IS very demanding and playing until someone introduces some form of multithreading to it might require frameskipping even on powerful cpu's, but neither ram or "i7" has anything to do with it's performance, currently you want the latest architecture with highest clocks for a single core.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
05-27-2018, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2018 06:58 PM by Solstar.)
(05-27-2018 01:06 AM)LunaMoo Wrote:  As I wrote in post above this is not a regression, the hackish option which was showing some things mixed with glitches wasn't displaying correct graphics in this game either, there were many reasons to remove it and just like I warned above, it finally was removed.

Using software rendering was always the only way to display this game correctly and most likely as I explained in post above forever will be.
Software rendering IS very demanding and playing until someone introduces some form of multithreading to it might require frameskipping even on powerful cpu's, but neither ram or "i7" has anything to do with it's performance, currently you want the latest architecture with highest clocks for a single core.

but neither ram or "i7"

yes an I7 cpu, 3.6 ghz to be more preceise. never heard of it?

>currently you want the latest architecture with highest clocks for a single core.

that's ridicolous. especially for a game that worked somehow fine before. and let's see, what would be a perfect cpu candidate to it? to run, wait for it, a psp game

not to mention that enabling frameskip to anything higher than "off" will just crash the game