Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
08-04-2014, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 02:11 PM by Egelsetzer.)
MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
Hey,
so I used this evening to get MH 3rd HD being playable without a controller.
I ended up with a pretty good solution, imo, and wanted to share it with you.

Download: http://ul.to/nxann494

Installation:
*Optional:* Backup you controls.ini
(it´s located under ppsspp\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM)
1.Download Mouse2Key- Toggle v1.1.rar
2.Extract controls.ini and overwrite your own.
3.Extract Mouse2Key- Toggle v1.1.exe and run it.
4.Start MH 3rd
5.press Alt
6.Enjoy Big Grin

Controls:
Move mouse to left/right to control the camera
press Right Strg/Ctrl to exit the mouse script.
W/A/S/D = Analog Stick
1/Up = Dpad Up
2/Down = Dpad Down
Circle = E
Cross = Space
Square= Q
Triangle = Right Mouse Click
L = C
R = Shift
Select = Right Shift
Start = Enter
You can still navigate through menus with the arrow keys

Only use the .ahk file if you know how to use autohotkey

Changelog:
v1.1: -Mouse is now hiding
-Improved Camera Controle
-Changed the L key to C, because of ppsspp crashing when pressing strg and playing

Credits:
The basic of the script comes from: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/88...lp-please/
I just edited it for my use.
The Mouse hide script comes from: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/57...r/?p=35221 Laszlo

Feel free to
reply and maybe improve my script, but please show mercy, I used ahk for the first time today Big Grin

PS: Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my mother language Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 12:08 AM
Information RE: MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
The link to your download doesn't work.
08-04-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
Should be fixed now, sry this actually my first time i use a upload service^^
08-05-2014, 03:06 AM
Thumbs Up RE: MH 3rd PC Optimized Controlls without a controller
(08-04-2014 12:15 AM)Egelsetzer Wrote:  Should be fixed now, sry this actually my first time i use a upload service^^

Yes that's it, works okay now - Thank you. Cool
11-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Think it might be possible to change "triangle" to left mouse click?
In most game i play e.g Skyrim they usually have block on right click, so i was thinking, would it be possible to have triangle on left click, and "R Button" on right Mouse button and "R button" to also be on left shift. However, when I tryed changing the contol mapping, I could not get left mouse button to be triangle....
Could it be possible to change that?
Thanks Cool
11-07-2014, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 04:35 AM by fgeds.)
Does it actually work? i have not clicked on the .exe but the .ahk version does nothing more than redirecting mouse movements to "left" and "right". And controls.ini isnt needed. Will work with any. Whether or not it works, depends on too many things to say it with certainty. To bind triangle(assuming S) to lmb, Rbutton(assuming Q) to rmb and left-shift, paste this code to the second line of the script, so it looks like this (checked works for me)
Code:
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen

;pause this section
F10::Suspend

;binds S to LMB
LButton::
sendinput {S down}
sleep, 50
sendinput {S up}
return

;binds Q to RMB
RButton::
sendinput {Q down}
sleep, 50
sendinput {Q up}
return

;binds Q to left shift
LShift::
sendinput {Q down}
sleep, 50
sendinput {Q up}
return
F10 will pause. Changing "S" or "Q" to another key will make that another key be pressed. Generally i dont like longer autohotkey scripts filled with conditionals, bound to break somewhere during heavy button action, that is MH3rd.

youll probably will have to use f10, to launch ppsspp because mouse buttons become blocked heh.
12-21-2014, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:37 PM by ShiNoMondai.)
First off I am very bad at understanding programming languages, so sorry in advance!
I have a very urgent question about this script, it works well and I had no problems while testing it out on MH 3rdG.

So my question is, if it is possible to inject more lines of code to achieve emulation on the Left Mouse-Button and all the others, too?
I'd like to try and configure it that; LMB = Circle , RMB =Triangle and the Mouse Wheel act as D-Pad/ Arrow Keys = Up/Down

Would be nice if someone can tell me if it is possible and if someone tried to getsomething similar or even has a script.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I somewhat edited your script to please my desires. Big Grin
01-22-2015, 08:25 AM
can you reupload anywhere else, i can' t download from uploaded..

sorry if i brought up this post..
05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
(12-21-2014 03:32 AM)ShiNoMondai Wrote:  First off I am very bad at understanding programming languages, so sorry in advance!
I have a very urgent question about this script, it works well and I had no problems while testing it out on MH 3rdG.

So my question is, if it is possible to inject more lines of code to achieve emulation on the Left Mouse-Button and all the others, too?
I'd like to try and configure it that; LMB = Circle , RMB =Triangle and the Mouse Wheel act as D-Pad/ Arrow Keys = Up/Down

Would be nice if someone can tell me if it is possible and if someone tried to getsomething similar or even has a script.

Thanks.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I somewhat edited your script to please my desires. Big Grin

hey dude. can you teach me how you made lmb = circle and rmb = triangle. ive been trying to change it but it doesnt work
10-07-2016, 05:28 PM
(05-24-2015 09:49 PM)josephfruit1495 Wrote:  hey dude. can you teach me how you made lmb = circle and rmb = triangle. ive been trying to change it but it doesnt work

Sorry, but I wasn't active since then. If you still are interessted I could upload you my script + emulator control settings. It "makes a difference between not enjoyable and totally playable" my friend said for whom I made the script.
10-07-2016, 06:17 PM
The HD version supports 2nd analog stick, so you can map the 2nd analog to your mouse movement (or your controller's 2nd analog stick)

I dont know why you guys trying so hard for something easy

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
10-12-2016, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2016 04:37 PM by ShiNoMondai.)
(10-07-2016 06:17 PM)Accel Wrote:  The HD version supports 2nd analog stick, so you can map the 2nd analog to your mouse movement (or your controller's 2nd analog stick)

I dont know why you guys trying so hard for something easy

I guess back then you had not the support for that and I like to try hard for friends of mine. Smile

EDIT:
I checked it just now and I want to know how you map mouse movement to it? Can't seem to get it by just moving the mouse. So please them me how it works and why are your settins empty?
10-12-2016, 04:52 PM
I never use it?
Just Google around, you will find it

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
10-14-2016, 02:06 PM
(10-12-2016 04:52 PM)Accel Wrote:  I never use it?
Just Google around, you will find it

Welp, you said HD Version supports mouse movement but you actually need to work around with tools or scripts because PPSSPP does not support mouse movement as valid entry for the settings.
And I really don't know why you said we were tryharding.
Writing a script with 110 active lines is no tryhard and works like a charm, even better than some other tools there are out there.
It sounded like it was supported by PPSSPP itself how you said it there.
04-03-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm a lurker and this is a bit of necromancy but...

I'm very grateful to OP so I have been working on this script like mad trying to make it nicer and a bit more viable for PPSSPP

I'll actively respond for some weeks after this post... I'm eager to make playing with mouse and keyboard on PPSSPP as viable as possible for pc users.

still the same in key areas like alt activates script, Right CTRL or P stops the camera control and End key terminates the script.

So the key differences are:
  • Tries not to interfere with other windows by detecting if MH is playing on PPSSPP (except for mouse hiding)
  • It has a deadzone (adjust via deadzone, deadzoneX,deadzoneY)
  • It monitors mouse Y axis (helpful for bowguns, may want to adjust deadzoneY)
  • Left click will hit the key "i" (can bind this to triangle in PPSSPP)
  • Detects Steam overlay via Shift Tab. (Overlay mode disables leftclick->i and camera control)
  • Detects overlay escape via shift tab and pressing escape (but not by clicking the message on the top.
  • aggressively attempts to restore cursor on exit of script
  • some tooltips that show when detecting steam overlay

Here is the first few lines of my fork of the OP's AHK script below (and attached as zip containing AHK and EXE) :

Code:
#Persistent
#SingleInstance, Force
SetBatchLines, -1
#NoEnv
#InstallKeybdHook
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
overlay := false
deadzone := 10 ; adjust deadzone here default is 10
; aspect ratio of my screen is 16:9 so i want it sensitive to x(across screen) and not too sensitive to y(up and down the screen)
deadzoneX := Floor(deadzone*0.9) ; I make a tall rectangle deadzone
deadzoneY := Floor(deadzone*1.6) ;  I make it inversely proportional to the aspect ratio of 16:9
; the rectangle is therefore scaled to be 9 across and 16 tall

#IfWinActive MONSTER HUNTER PORTABLE 3rd HD Ver
#if !overlay
~LButton::i
return
#IfWinActive

continued....

Attached File(s)
.zip  M2Key(NS)v1.2.zip (Size: 528.74 KB / Downloads: 995)