Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom settings are possible for this two games?
08-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Custom settings are possible for this two games?
jak & daxter and ratchet & clank,both on android run at 30 fps with non buffered and 5 fps with buffered, i think that graphics engine is the same and that some effect slows the games, the only think that should be corrected on non buffered is some black screen moments with certain effects so I was wondering if are possible Custom settings
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: Custom settings are possible for this two games?
no, you cant but a lot of people are requesting this actually

Old laptop: Lenovo G458
AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7310 | 1366x768@60Hz | APU E1-1200 Dual Core | 2.5 GB DDR3 400MHz | Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

New laptop: Lenovo ideapad 100
Nvidia Geforce 920M 2GB / Intel HD Graphics 5500 | 1366x768@60Hz | Intel Core i3-5005U 2GB | 2GB DDR3 2000MHz | Window 10 Home 64-bit
08-02-2014, 02:15 PM
I can't understand why people are constantly requesting this.
Is it really all that hard to enable\disable certain option if the game you are playing is requiring it,are you actually playing more than one game per hour\day so you need to keep settings for every game separately.

When I play a game,I play only that game until I finish it.
Most of the games are working fine with the default settings.

Under windows there is a way to have settings per game(using command lines).

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I have not explained well, actually no customization is possile, i asked to programmers if it were possible custom hack for these games
08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
There's nothing to really do about it, non-buffered already is a speed hack in and of itself, so if effects are missing, that's just how it is. Non-buffered does exactly what the name implies, it prevents the game from using/drawing to certain buffers, so various effects will be missing, or show up as black.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-02-2014, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 06:12 PM by bassop.)
I understand, thanks for the reply

One last thing, on buffered mode games slow down also when the effects would not be really necessary so i thought a buffered mode with only the useful effects for these games, I meant this with custom settings but probably it cant. Thanks again.
08-02-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 08:35 PM by Clessy.)
(08-02-2014 02:15 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  I can't understand why people are constantly requesting this.
Is it really all that hard to enable\disable certain option if the game you are playing is requiring it,are you actually playing more than one game per hour\day so you need to keep settings for every game separately.

When I play a game,I play only that game until I finish it.
Most of the games are working fine with the default settings.

Under windows there is a way to have settings per game(using command lines).

I think custom settings per game is totally worthwhile. I dont use ppsspp for accuracy and I never have cared about that in emulation. I use it for speed and enhancements so having the game work the best rather it be with hacks or not I dont care. Per game hacks are the best. Especially the emulator had a built in table that checked what game you're playing and turned on the best settings it knows are possible for it.