Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How good is PPSSPP on the Nvidia Shield Tablet?
10-07-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: How good is PPSSPP on the Nvidia Shield Tablet?
(09-30-2014 02:38 PM)donzbegonz Wrote:  FiveFeet I enjoyed your YouTube channel. Looks like you are having great success getting both MupenAE and PPSSPP to work on your NVIDIA Shield tablet. Funnily enough those are the only two emulators I care about getting to work on my Shield tablet haha. I also thoroughly enjoyed the way you experiment with different texture packs with Mupen.

For Mupen which plugin do you find the most success with? For me I seem to have most success with Glide64 Plugin, but I have to lower the resolution to 800x600 for it to run at proper speeds.

And I would love to see your PPSSPP settings, Even though I think the problems I'm having are because of audio bugs in the emulator.

I'm glad you enjoyed my videos. I had fun making them. For Mupen, I normally use Rice's video plugin because it has support for Texture packs. The Glide64 plugin included in the emulator currently doesn't support them. Although I do find the Glide64 plugin has better compatibility. I'm really excited about Gonetz's project for creating a new OpenGL plugin for N64 emulators which recently got full funding for an Android port too. That's going to be an awesome plugin for N64 emulators.

As for my settings on PPSSPP, I normally use the default settings with the graphics performance optimizations ticked on except for "disable slower effects" and "Spline/Bezier curves quality" on high. All other options are on default. I did experiment with the "Simulate block transfer" option and disabling it speeded up some games noticeably. But it's is required for games like Star Ocean.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How good is PPSSPP on the Nvidia Shield Tablet? - fivefeet8 - 10-07-2014 03:06 PM