Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overbloom is still an issue.
07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Overbloom is still an issue.
Hello there :3
In several games like Special Agent Clank, Peace Walker, GTA: Chinatown Wars bloom is too bright or bugged out in buffered rendering.
Disabling buffered rendering is not a good fix at all as it, more often than not, disables not only bloom, but also all post-effects in games including shader distortion, color correction, filters, etc. Hell, some games don't even work properly with non-buffered rendering.
It's been that way for thousands of builds now and significant progress towards fixing overbloom has been reached, but is there any particular complete fix that I may have missed?
Thank you :3

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Overbloom is still an issue.
Bloom is done by the games themselves using a variety of techniques so it's not one single problem to fix.
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
(07-29-2014 10:43 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Bloom is done by the games themselves using a variety of techniques so it's not one single problem to fix.

I see. Well, that makes sense. Though, the overbloom in particular happens in different games and mostly in a same way. Could it be related to any particular similar element of different post-processing techniques?

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
07-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Could be. Can you make a list of all games you know that definitely still have overbloom issues, with screenshots vs the real PSP? For example I thought we already fixed the bloom in Peace Walker.
07-30-2014, 03:05 PM
(07-30-2014 07:45 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Could be. Can you make a list of all games you know that definitely still have overbloom issues, with screenshots vs the real PSP? For example I thought we already fixed the bloom in Peace Walker.

Well, I don't have a real PSP, but when bloom glitches happen, they're pretty obvious and there's no need for comparison. Though, I will try to find someone PSP gameplay video/screenshot of the game on the interwebz if it will be really necessary. After all, it would be my pleasure to test games for that issue. Guess, I'll send you a list through PM and will also send updates for it that way, if you don't mind :3

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
07-31-2014, 07:07 AM
It might be the same issue with Gods Eater Burst' overbloom.
Although it was fixed a long time ago, it still occurs only when "disable alpha test" was ticked, idk how alpha testing affects that kind of effects though.

| Testing Rig: Windows10 PC |
->Proc: Intel Core i3 4130
->GPU: Nvidia GTX660 GDDR5 1GB
->RAM: 8GB DDR3