Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the dual-core "function"...
07-27-2014, 06:35 PM
About the dual-core "function"...
Hi! I have a doubt...
I'm using an old machine (C2D E4400 @ 2,00 GHz, 4650 HD AGP, 1GB of RAM...) and i'm with some problems of speed. In some games (like GTA: LCS), the use of CPU1 are in in 50%, leaving the other core with 0% of use, making necessary activate the frameskipping to fix the game (100% of speed). So, I wonder when the dual-core function will no longer be experimental and when will work properly...
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2014 09:42 PM by daniellegal.)
RE: About the dual-core "function"...
they work correctly now i have a dual core and the game use the both threads,work even in the oldest cpus i have,celeron,pentium 4
07-27-2014, 10:16 PM
No. For "me", the dual-core still "experimental". See:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-28-2014, 08:11 AM
The PSP is not a multi-core hardware, so there's a lot of synchronization points if you want to try to work on emulating it concurrently. You're not going to just magically get 100% utilization on all cores. This is unlikely to ever change.
08-02-2014, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 11:11 PM by [email protected].)
wrooong, psp had n64 emu that was using both processing units of psp to emulate graphics and other one emulated sound, anyway... emulation can be split to emulate GPU on own core, CPU on own core and sound on own core, so its 3 cores.
Stop writing stuff like this if you dont have any idea http://forums.daedalusx64.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4216
08-03-2014, 04:02 AM
It's true that some homebrews did this. However, regular games were never allowed to. So if you're playing Grand Theft Auto or something, it's completely true that the PSP is single core.

Multiple cores are already used depending on settings, but synchronization can be complex for emulators. It's not so simple as you think.

-[Unknown]
08-03-2014, 04:13 AM
Well yes & no, the media engine was only used in Async audio mode, and was extremely unstable when run on there, that's why only a few ran successfully on there like Turok Dinosaur Hunter, which relied on a Async bug most of the time, and ran way too fast, because of it.
Sadly the Media Engine coding was never attempted again, because of there being no way to debug it.
So no improvements were ever made, unless they are working on it now, as I type this, I hope so.