Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP issue on Mac OS X 10.9.4
07-24-2014, 12:29 PM
PPSSPP issue on Mac OS X 10.9.4
Hello to all,

I will start apologizing just in case there is a thread about this issue already. But since I couldn't find any, I'm posting this one.
I recently installed the PPSSPP on my Macbook air (latest OS X installed on it) and I noticed 2 issues right on the spot:

1) the first one is that when I start the application the PPSSPP opens and start in the windowed mode, wich i think it's normal, but the toolbar, the menu bar (the one in the top of the window with the "file, emulation, debug option, and help tabs") doens't show;

2) when i try the set full screen size the PPSSPP app freezes (i already saw a topic regarding that issue, but since there was no solution to it, im bringing it back, sorry for being repetitive).

Does anyone know how to fix those two issues? Anyone having the same problems?

Hope some well informed good soul can help me out on this..
Thank you for the time! Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: PPSSPP issue on Mac OS X 10.9.4
The SDL version doesn't have a menu bar (the "file, emulation, etc" stuff). Most of those settings can be reached without it anyway.
So, if you want at least some of those you should look into the Qt version, it has some of those menus.

How are you setting the fullscreen btw.? Alt+Enter or the "--fullscreen" flag on the command-line?
07-24-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: PPSSPP issue on Mac OS X 10.9.4
(07-24-2014 01:55 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  The SDL version doesn't have a menu bar (the "file, emulation, etc" stuff). Most of those settings can be reached without it anyway.
So, if you want at least some of those you should look into the Qt version, it has some of those menus.

How are you setting the fullscreen btw.? Alt+Enter or the "--fullscreen" flag on the command-line?

Thank you for your reply! So there is no menu bar? Good to know, i thought it was something wrong with my setup.
I haven't tried using the command line yet. Does it work? Is there any config i should try on the ppsspp settings?