Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ppsspp sometimes crashes
07-18-2014, 11:43 PM
ppsspp sometimes crashes
Hello, sometimes ppsspp or the game or both are crashing because of c++ runtime error. How do you fix this because I want the full experience on my 42 inch tv screen. I play sega genesis collection and one game is defective and make the emulator crash and sometimes it's just the game that crashes, but at every game, at any minute, I get this c++ error. I have all the c++ programs for windows 7 64 bit and they are 64 bit versions and I have only framework 4.5 but I don't know if a fewer version of framework is needed but I cannot download a fewer version of framework.

my specs:

intel core i5 4430
gtx 660 (non ti)
12gb ram
600w
ssd 120gb and 500gb hdd

please help thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: ppsspp sometimes crashes
C++ runtime error is very generic. Can you post a screenshot or copy/paste of the error?

We do not use .NET, so 4.5/whatever doesn't matter. We only use "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013". If the emulator starts, you've got it. It won't even show anything at all without that installed.

AFAIK, Windows 7 has a bug that has been fixed in Windows 7 SP1, which might produce the behavior you're seeing. Also, graphics drivers could also be crashing.

Make sure you've updated to Windows 7 SP1 and installed the latest graphics drivers for your video card.

-[Unknown]
07-20-2014, 08:42 PM
I have all the drivers and have all the windows updates and I cannot post it tell me how to do it and now it does that error less often maybe because of an update or patch that ppsspp installed without me knowing or a miracle but the game that crashed is now playable. Thanks for the awesome product. I can play my games on a big screen lol. But I can't post this error to help to fix that or maybe its Microsoft problem. How to post an image in case maybe anything goes wrong.
07-20-2014, 08:52 PM
If you click the message/error box with your mouse, and then press CTRL + C on the keyboard, it should copy the error message to your clipboard, which you can then just paste here.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.