Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did my save suddenly corrupt?
07-16-2014, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 09:45 PM by Aviary.)
Did my save suddenly corrupt?
Hi guys,
I was playing MHP3 today, and something just happened to my save state. I just booted up ppsspp and loaded up my save state 1. Everything was fine. A minute later I pressed F10 (My key for load state) And the game just froze. The picture shows the error:

[Image: vdVAsJs.png]

Did my file just get corrupt? My other states load fine but I just lost a week of progress. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Did my save suddenly corrupt?
Can you upload this savestate somewhere? Some possibilities:
* The file became corrupted or was saved improperly (e.g. out of disk space or something... but that should be reported, I think.)
* You're using an older build of PPSSPP with a savestate that was created in a newer build.
* You're using a newer build of PPSSPP and there's a bug loading this savestate from an older build.

One way or another, the error you're hitting is actually near the end of the savestate file, I think. So it may be possible to recover it.

-[Unknown]
07-17-2014, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 03:44 AM by Aviary.)
(07-17-2014 01:29 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Can you upload this savestate somewhere? Some possibilities:
* The file became corrupted or was saved improperly (e.g. out of disk space or something... but that should be reported, I think.)
* You're using an older build of PPSSPP with a savestate that was created in a newer build.
* You're using a newer build of PPSSPP and there's a bug loading this savestate from an older build.

One way or another, the error you're hitting is actually near the end of the savestate file, I think. So it may be possible to recover it.

-[Unknown]

Hi, thanks for the reply. I actually managed to get further than my origin save file today using my backup, so I don't really need to recover it. I'll still put the save state up so you can take a look if you'd like to see if it's a bug. I really doubt it's the version problem because all my other states are working perfectly right now.
Thanks!

(I'm using the 64 bit version if that helps)
07-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure what happened here, but I wonder if it's a bug in Snappy (the compression we use for savestates.) That, or you may possibly have corruption on whatever media you stored this on, but that seems unlikely since the size matches.

-[Unknown]
07-18-2014, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 01:54 AM by Aviary.)
Ah shit. My new save file just corruped randomly again. Didn't even touch the version. I updated to the latest dev build now. Is there any chance I can recover the save? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3WrD_f...sp=sharing
07-18-2014, 08:52 PM
No permissions for that file. Where are you saving these? I would be very concerned there might be something wrong with your disk or card.

-[Unknown]
07-19-2014, 04:21 PM
(07-18-2014 08:52 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  No permissions for that file. Where are you saving these? I would be very concerned there might be something wrong with your disk or card.

-[Unknown]

Ah, I never even knew you could save the game normally like in a psp. It didn't work for me the first time so I thought that was intended. Anyway, I transferred my character from state to memory stick, and I'm staying away from states now. Thanks Smile
07-20-2014, 01:48 AM
I don't know if this will help but, if ever you want to use save states again, delete ALL of your previous save states first.

Moreover, unthrottle/alt. speed = unlimited AND saving states don't mix.

Lastly, NEVER load a save state AFTER you just normally saved. After you normally save, overwrite the save state you are using, too. Only then can you load that save state. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-20-2014, 06:02 AM
Hmm, what problems have you had with unthrottle and savestates? I actually use them together all the time when testing things.

Some games (like Monster Hunter, I guess?) are indeed not happy if savedata magically changes from what they last knew about because you loaded a savestate.

-[Unknown]
07-20-2014, 12:44 PM
About unthrottle and save states...

I remember when I use unthrottle too much, it randomly crashes unless I save a state.

So to rephrase what I said, I guess unthrottle and save states DO mix. Tongue

It's just that I don't use save states that often so unthrottle-ing makes the PPSSPP crash often.

To sum this all up, unthrottle-ing makes PPSSPP crash, unless save stating is frequently used, which I don't. Big Grin

07-20-2014, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 01:00 PM by vsub_.)
Unthottling doesn't make ppsspp crash.
What make it crash on some game is the frame skipping part.

When Frame skipping is set to off and FrameSkipUnthrottle is set to false,ppsspp never crashed here even once(I have more than 1500 total play time on ppsspp and I use Unthrottle a lot....it's set to the L2 button on my gamepad)

But yes,it's true,while creating save states,ppsspp may crash and damage your save state(good thing I always keep my saves manager running that makes a backup of the save state before allowing ppsspp to save...don't remember if the one I uploaded long time ago have that feature)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Frameskipping is "off" for me. Tongue

Then I don't know what makes my PPSSPP crash. Big Grin