Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with USB OTG on android
07-14-2014, 08:52 AM
Need help with USB OTG on android
Hi, thanks for this awesome emulator but i have a question:

my PSP rom files are so big that i can only put 1 or 2 on my tablet before the storage is full so i bought a USB stick to put the rom files on that.
First of all i wonder if that would even work in theory that PPSSPP uses the Rom file directly from the USB stick?
Second id like to know how to do that in praxis. I have the Nexus media manager so i can watch movies i put on the stick just fine BUT i cant tell PPSSPP to look on the USB stick for roms (cant point to that directory).

My tablet is not rooted so maybe that would be necessary, or is there maybe an option to use PPSSPP as default for opening ISO files?

Big Thanks for the emulator and i hope somebody can help me Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: Need help with USB OTG on android
You need to back to the main directory "/storage" and look for some folder named "UsbDrive" or something, this folder is your USB stick. At least on my phone is this way in Android 4.1.2, but in 4.0.4 was "sdcard/usbdrive". I don't know the directory on Nexus.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
02-09-2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Need help with USB OTG on android
Did anyone ever figure this out?
I have a rooted Nexus Player. I've tried with USB OTG Helper, which is supposed to create a mount point for USB storage. I can see my files through ES File Explorer, but PPSSPP doesn't see anything. I've tried /mnt/USB/ and there's simply nothing there.