Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
9.9 Official Release Coming Soon?
07-06-2014, 01:13 PM
9.9 Official Release Coming Soon?
Hi all,
In terms of upgrades and improvements (speaking mostly about online fearures), v9.8 did significant advances. Most noticeable though, the fix that removed the obligation of turning to alternative speed in load screens in order to play online Monster Hunter games.
But, 9.8 also gave lot of new headaches when the number of disconnected issues while in quest rose a lot. It could be said, whatever they touched in this version to fix loading sceen issues generates tons of unstability inside quests.

Unnoficial builds provided for users by tools like buildbot (blessed their creators), offered versions that fixed many of that new unstability.
But my question is: there is an official 9.9 release soon? Buildbot web says there is 1559 builds after official 9.8. It is the time to see a 9.9 instead?

I am the author of an extensive spanish guide to help newcomers to start and configure PPSSPP + Evolve for online playings, and for the new revision of the guide there will be many important changes; but I cannot link a specific github build (more new builds will come after few hours). Instead, an official 9.9 would be perfect to keep things clear and help the community in general to have same working version (just remembering, official 9.8 is very very unstable inside quests, so avoidable version unless you follow daily buildbot versions)

Thanks for your time. And apologies in advance for my bad English,
-- Matchet

P.S.:I am sorry if this topic has been discussed before
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: 9.9 Official Release Coming Soon?
Your response is here : https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/6422

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Woah, so, so fast response :0
As long as I understand, Henry is trying to resolve two regressions happened in 9.8 before releasing 9.9? Sounds logical.

I hope that second open issue would ve resolved soon and. My best cheers for the developers!

Thanks, vnctdj
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
You're welcome Smile

We just have to wait for this new version Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
(07-06-2014 01:13 PM)matchet Wrote:  Hi all,
In terms of upgrades and improvements (speaking mostly about online fearures), v9.8 did significant advances. Most noticeable though, the fix that removed the obligation of turning to alternative speed in load screens in order to play online Monster Hunter games.
But, 9.8 also gave lot of new headaches when the number of disconnected issues while in quest rose a lot. It could be said, whatever they touched in this version to fix loading sceen issues generates tons of unstability inside quests.

Unnoficial builds provided for users by tools like buildbot (blessed their creators), offered versions that fixed many of that new unstability.
But my question is: there is an official 9.9 release soon? Buildbot web says there is 1559 builds after official 9.8. It is the time to see a 9.9 instead?

I am the author of an extensive spanish guide to help newcomers to start and configure PPSSPP + Evolve for online playings, and for the new revision of the guide there will be many important changes; but I cannot link a specific github build (more new builds will come after few hours). Instead, an official 9.9 would be perfect to keep things clear and help the community in general to have same working version (just remembering, official 9.8 is very very unstable inside quests, so avoidable version unless you follow daily buildbot versions)

Thanks for your time. And apologies in advance for my bad English,
-- Matchet

P.S.:I am sorry if this topic has been discussed before

To make sure you and your friends won't be disconnected when playing online, read the checklist I made: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...7#pid86537

That's specifically for MHFU on Tunngle, but it might still help. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-06-2014, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 07:10 PM by Henrik.)
Soon Smile I know I've said that for a while, but it will happen. I've just been a bit swamped with real life stuff recently. Choose a git build and stick with it in the meantime, heh.
07-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Thanks Henrik!
Im currently using every week, the latest build in buildbot compiled by you. But I think ill wait for 9.9 to update my main tutorial.
Thanks again to you and all those awesome developers in the shadows!
-- Matchet