Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[working]Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus
09-23-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: [working]Gundam VS Gundam Next Plus
(09-23-2015 03:20 PM)lumune Wrote:  So sorry, ping is too high from South America to Asia, we cannot play onelight. But the game works fine.
Also i don't know how to chat. Do i need Java installed?

I only add a simple chat support for PPSSPP (can receive but cant send).
I uisng jpcsp to send chat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2015, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 03:52 PM by lumune.)
(09-23-2015 03:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  I only add a simple chat support for PPSSPP (can receive but cant send).

I see. So that's why i couldn't send any chat messages.
I don't have Java installed anymore since i only had jpcsp to play this game online but now that it's working online on PPSSPP, i have uninstalled it.
09-23-2015, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 01:21 AM by onelight.)
(09-23-2015 03:50 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 03:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  I only add a simple chat support for PPSSPP (can receive but cant send).

I see. So that's why i couldn't send any chat messages.
I don't have Java installed anymore since i only had jpcsp to play this game online but now that it's working online on PPSSPP, i have uninstalled it.

PPSSPP still have another issue.
see the 3rd battle. (5:42)
about 3% will happen when play using 2PPSSPPs, 30% when using 3PPSSPPs, 50% when uisng 4PPSSPPs
EDIT: usd this build will be helpfull PPSSPP-v1.1.1-819-chatSimple-for-GVGNP.7z: http://www.sn9.us/file/143757305

09-23-2015, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 06:44 PM by lumune.)
(09-23-2015 03:55 PM)onelight Wrote:  PPSSPP still have another issue.

I have noticed the error but still, it's working. Maybe it's related to unstable connection or ping? Or maybe Fast memory or other PPSSPP settings?

Anyway, i have uploaded your working build with my custom LunaMoo shaders, if anyone is interested.
Please don't forget to read the text file inside or else the emulators will conflict online. All else is properly configured to play on coldbird.net.

Have fun.

PPSSPP 1.0.1-2676-chatSimple by onelight
09-23-2015, 11:31 PM
Thanx for your help
09-24-2015, 03:36 AM
(09-23-2015 04:00 PM)lumune Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 03:55 PM)onelight Wrote:  PPSSPP still have another issue.

I have noticed the error but still, it's working. Maybe it's related to unstable connection or ping? Or maybe Fast memory or other PPSSPP settings?

Not, even connection, ping is very good and diabale Fast memory (we aways disable Fast memory) still get that issue.
We don't find any PPSSPP settings can help.
09-24-2015, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 08:30 AM by lumune.)
(09-24-2015 03:36 AM)onelight Wrote:  Not, even connection, ping is very good and diabale Fast memory (we aways disable Fast memory) still get that issue.
We don't find any PPSSPP settings can help.

I have hosted this game yesterday on coldbird.net for a long time and here are my reports:

I have only managed to play it thrice with an user called "Ryuuhi" in フリーバトル (Free Battle) mode, have not tested Arcade and NEXT Plus modes yet but i am guessing they do work as well, since they use the same connection model as Free Battle mode. There were 3 others users as well but they did not have enough patience and only tried it once or twice, then left for good once the error happened.

First of all, Ryuuhi and i needed a lot of patience because it was clunky to get this game working online. A lot of ネットワークエラー (Network Errors) happened just before the Gundam/Pilot seletion screen, i do not know what the problem could have been there because i have managed to play with you and it is safe to say we have 300+ms ping latency to each other, so ping was not the issue here.
After trying a lot, we got past the error a few times and it worked very good, i was actually surprised, maybe he is from South America too or North America, i can tell he was close to me because the ping latency was great.

First, we played only us two without any AI and it worked flawlessly. Then we put one AI and it worked the same. Finally, we added the last slot so it was 2vs2, we have managed to play 4 full (chaotic) battles with the AI on Newtype difficulty (the highest), alternating between both of us on the same team or versus each other. It was pretty fun, worked very well.

(´・ω・`) However, i understood what you said regarding the working percentage. On the 5th battle, the game froze at random and took a good 10 seconds to unfreeze and show that one player had disconnected. The battle went on just for one player then, the disconnected player returned to the lobby. So even AI will cause the error to happen, it does not need to be a Player.
The game is not working 100% just because of this random error but when it works, it works very well.

What has helped, i think, was leaving the Lobby and re-entering (both players) then trying again. Closing and re-opening the emulator after the error and trying again from scratch also helps, or else the Network Error will happen again and again.
You are going to need patience to get this game working but it is totally worth it.
Good luck.
09-24-2015, 12:39 PM
(09-23-2015 03:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 03:20 PM)lumune Wrote:  So sorry, ping is too high from South America to Asia, we cannot play onelight. But the game works fine.

Are you good for making these things? i though of an application that even lets you be in spectator mode and have chat and all. Sort of a twitch where you can change the guy you view, for making tournaments
09-24-2015, 01:29 PM
(09-24-2015 12:39 PM)Threule Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 03:44 PM)onelight Wrote:  

Are you good for making these things? i though of an application that even lets you be in spectator mode and have chat and all. Sort of a twitch where you can change the guy you view, for making tournaments
Not, I am not a C++ coder, never lead C/C++
09-25-2015, 06:19 AM
After the update the FPS dropped to like half of what it was before it ran perfectly before this update.
running v1.0.1-2768-gd8b43dd
What gives?
09-25-2015, 07:59 AM
It's nice to see that there are still many who plays this game! I'm really loving this game, and now I'm loving it more seeing there are also other people who still play it nowadays! I hope we guys can all play together once you guys fixed the problems we still encounter while trying to play multiplayer. Smile
09-25-2015, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2015 02:40 AM by lumune.)
Good news, Arcade Mode and NEXT Plus (video) modes are working too.

This was played on coldbird.net, a full online run of a beginner stage on NEXT Plus mode.
This game requires VERY high sync, which means extremely low ping latency (almost LAN environment) to work full speed online.
09-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Off topic guys, but can someone please translate this screen to me? Specially the ones on the right. Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-26-2015, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 04:52 PM by lumune.)
We all should be thanking onelight for making this game work online.
I've played this game online a lot today, tired from mashing buttons, in a good way. What a great friday.
This is how well it's working online now:

If you're having trouble getting more than 2 players to work online due to error, then good news.
Ryuuhi has found out that the old slowdown trick from Monster Hunter games (set Alternate Speed to 25%) works wonders when you activate the limiter just as the confirmation pop up window shows up (see video), before the Gundam/Pilot selection screen.
After the screen turns black, deactivate it again to get full speed, then it should work.
We've done exactly this in the video as you can see, and it worked every single time. We've done this 3 times for confirmation.
Remember, ALL players must do this at the same time to work.

EDIT: Retested a few times and it seems random. Sometimes it doesn't work even when doing the Alternative Speed at 25% trick.
10-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I don't know how to play my games in tablet galaxy S.