Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installing osx version without installing xcode
07-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Installing osx version without installing xcode
really? xcode? 4 whatever Gs... isn't there a way to do it without xcode? please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: Installing osx version without installing xcode
If you don't want Xcode (which is free even if not small to install), you could probably use brew and get away with just installing gcc/cmake/etc. with it. Or maybe QtCreator.

Anyway, I think angelXwin provides precompiled binaries on the download page, if you don't want to compile it.

-[Unknown]
07-05-2014, 02:38 AM
[Unknown] is right. You can use brew to get what you need to build PPSSPP without installing all of XCODE. When you first install brew it asks you to install the Xcode command line tools. Let it do this, install SDL (via brew) and then you can follow the wiki's instructions to build the Mac OS X version.

It's fairly easy to do.
07-05-2014, 03:45 PM
(07-05-2014 02:38 AM)slavezeo Wrote:  [Unknown] is right. You can use brew to get what you need to build PPSSPP without installing all of XCODE. When you first install brew it asks you to install the Xcode command line tools. Let it do this, install SDL (via brew) and then you can follow the wiki's instructions to build the Mac OS X version.

It's fairly easy to do.

ok, I did everything and it was pretty painless actually. But then I download the angelxwind zip file and it's a folder with files and other folders in it. What am I supposed to do with that? Why not just provide a dmg file?
07-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Well, we don't have anyone doing full packaging for Mac yet. I think you can just run PPSSPPSDL by double clicking it.

-[Unknown]
07-05-2014, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 12:23 PM by slavezeo.)
I've been working on a packaged app for OS X and it seems to work fairly well (full screen is a different story, but I can't fix that). I keep the daily builds on my google drive.

Here is the link to my Google Drive with my PPSSPP OS X builds. Both Qt and SDL.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7W70A...authuser=0
07-06-2014, 12:37 AM
The policy on this forum (and, unfortunately, most forums) is that you're guilty until proven innocent. Once you've posted enough times and been a member for a while without posting various advertisements for luxury shoes or performance enhancing pills, you should be able to post links at will.

Well, fullscreen is just a deficiency of the current SDL port. I wonder if the Qt interface can be made to work (I tried a while ago and it did not work for me, but others have said it does work.) It would support fullscreen just fine. If there's enough Mac interest, some simple native interface might even make sense if there's anything to be gained from it.

-[Unknown]
07-06-2014, 12:56 AM
It's a global minimum of >= 8 posts to be able to post links. It became necessary like [Unknown] said, since we had a really, really bad problem with spam..

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
07-06-2014, 12:56 AM
[Unknown], I totally understand the policy Smile Sadly there is a reason why most policies have to exist.

For me the Fullscreen isn't a big deal, I play most my emulators in a window so I can do other things in downtime. But if you're going for immersion then no fullscreen is kinda a drag. I'll try to figure out the QT port and see if i can do anything with it.

Native mac menus would be totally awesome, but finding someone to do it would most likely prove difficult. If any one cares to look at the Mac port of Desmume, it has awesome support for menus and other mac niceties. Maybe it'd be worth a look for some reference.
07-10-2014, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 07:41 AM by xsacha.)
(07-06-2014 12:56 AM)slavezeo Wrote:  But if you're going for immersion then no fullscreen is kinda a drag. I'll try to figure out the QT port and see if i can do anything with it.

Native mac menus would be totally awesome, but finding someone to do it would most likely prove difficult. If any one cares to look at the Mac port of Desmume, it has awesome support for menus and other mac niceties. Maybe it'd be worth a look for some reference.

I'm unable to test Mac OSX on Qt. Although, while I had Mac OSX on my laptop, I did get it working perfectly.
If you have any issues or errors, please tell me and I'll fix them right up Smile

I require Qt 5.0 as a minimum for Mac now. Please use the latest one (5.3.1) for the best results. You can download the development libraries here: http://download.qt-project.org/official_...-5.3.1.dmg

If you want to use an IDE to develop on it, I think XCode should work but I have no experience in using it. QtCreator (downloadable here: http://download.qt-project.org/official_...-3.1.2.dmg ) will work out of the box fairly simply (just hit 'Run'). Otherwise use command-line (qmake && make).

The Qt port does use native mac menus. It also supports fullscreen toggle-able by double-click (when game not running), the platform-specific fullscreen button for Mac OSX (Ctrl+Meta+F) or in menu.
It also packages it in to a .app for you.
07-10-2014, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 11:28 AM by slavezeo.)
(07-10-2014 06:46 AM)xsacha Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 12:56 AM)slavezeo Wrote:  But if you're going for immersion then no fullscreen is kinda a drag. I'll try to figure out the QT port and see if i can do anything with it.

I'm unable to test Mac OSX on Qt. Although, while I had Mac OSX on my laptop, I did get it working perfectly.
If you have any issues or errors, please tell me and I'll fix them right up Smile

I require Qt 5.0 as a minimum for Mac now. Please use the latest one (5.3.1) for the best results. You can download the development libraries here: <link removed>

If you want to use an IDE to develop on it, I think XCode should work but I have no experience in using it. QtCreator (downloadable here: <link removed> ) will work out of the box fairly simply (just hit 'Run'). Otherwise use command-line (qmake && make).

The Qt port does use native mac menus. It also supports fullscreen toggle-able by double-click (when game not running), the platform-specific fullscreen button for Mac OSX (Ctrl+Meta+F) or in menu.
It also packages it in to a .app for you.

I Downloaded QtCreator and give it the old college try. It threw an error in gl_common.h when looking for GL/glew.h . I had to end up going in and hardcoding it to /usr/include/GL/glew.h . After I did this it compiled just great.

The only issue I found so far is that gamepads do not work in the Qt build. Although, they work fine in the SDL build. The Qt build does pull in my gamepad configuration including button mapping from the SDL build. The buttons are mapped correctly, but it still doesn't detect a gamepad at all.

After I figure out the gamepad issue (it might just be my gamepad/system) I'll package it up and make it available.

Thanks for the reply and pointing us in the right direction.
07-10-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 03:28 PM by xsacha.)
(07-10-2014 11:13 AM)slavezeo Wrote:  I Downloaded QtCreator and give it the old college try. It threw an error in gl_common.h when looking for GL/glew.h . I had to end up going in and hardcoding it to /usr/include/GL/glew.h . After I did this it compiled just great.

The only issue I found so far is that gamepads do not work in the Qt build. Although, they work fine in the SDL build. The Qt build does pull in my gamepad configuration including button mapping from the SDL build. The buttons are mapped correctly, but it still doesn't detect a gamepad at all.

I'll look in to the gamepad issue. I usually don't have one with me to test with. I think it might have been broken since 0.9.8.

Edit: Found the issue with glew. It's hard to test because my cmake was including the system glew already.

Thanks for report.
07-15-2014, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 04:06 AM by goobot.)
Hey, I installed Xcode and there are actually no command line tools for me to download, i googled and it is because 10.9 has it preinstalled apparently, anyway i try to run Assassin's creed bloodlines and it crashes after the game start up cutscene and it asking me to select save location. Is this because of command line tools or something?

EDIT: slavezeo build is, as of current, working wonders Smile