Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Add built in resolution changer to android for speedup
07-03-2014, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 05:40 PM by [email protected].)
Add built in resolution changer to android for speedup
People are getting quite huge fps boost on android when using resolution changed to set it to 480x272 and then running ppsspp, it speeds up emulation so how about implementing something like this as option? To change resolution like this it requires superuser so it wouldnt be default way to run emulator of course but if you have rooted device it would be great to have resolution changed built in into ppsspp, check:

boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/full-speed-ppsspp-on-s7800/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 07:04 PM
RE: Add built in resolution changer to android for speedup
I'm guessing this makes little difference with the "non buffered rendering" speedhack disabled. Non buffered rendering always renders at the native resolution and ignores any render resolution setting.

On devices with high screen resolutions buffered rendering will probably give better performance, generally (it will also have less graphical issues, since you won't be disabling the game's ability to use buffers in its rendering.)

But yes, the non-buffered rendering speedhack could be improved to render at lower resolutions and upscale using a hardware scaler. There's an issue open on GitHub about this.

-[Unknown]
07-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Yeah i want resolution changer too because my samsung galaxy tab 4 was lag to play MHFU.

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
07-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, seems this really is worth doing, and it's not even that hard, will just be a bit of java/c++ communication stuff. I'm a bit swamped with IRL stuff right now but I plan to add this later.
07-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Oh! thank i hope it will at soon.

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
07-18-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2014 06:55 PM by Henrik.)
Feature on the way:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/6576
07-20-2014, 08:34 AM
This has now been merged, and there should be no more need for an external resolution changer.
07-20-2014, 03:30 PM
so is this for android only? or it will be also implemented for PC?
Because I am using the latest build right now and I thought this was included also :/

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
07-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Android only. In PC the corresponding setting is to change the window size... Theoretically we could also change the screen resolution in fullscreen mode on PC but in practice that rarely makes a difference nowadays.
07-20-2014, 03:46 PM
(07-20-2014 03:32 PM)Henrik Wrote:  Android only. In PC the corresponding setting is to change the window size... Theoretically we could also change the screen resolution in fullscreen mode on PC but in practice that rarely makes a difference nowadays.

Oh I see it's just different on how you change the resolution :3 ok thanks Smile

Chill and Go with the flow ~d[o_o]b~

@YT - youtube.com/user/SuperHack333/videos

Specs:
MDL: Dell G7 15 7590 (Laptop)
OPS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750h @ 2.60 Ghz ~ 4.50 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 @ 1455 Mhz ~ 1590 Mhz
RAM: Micron Tech. 8GB DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz (4x2)
07-25-2014, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 03:47 PM by darklight1138.)
This is a great idea but I seem to be having a weird problem. On manhunt 2, I was using nomone resolution changer and the game was running fine.

Now I get these weird color problems. I reset to default settings and that fixed the problem but then upon quitting and restarting it went back to the weird colors.

Here's a pic:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi there,
I think your problem simply is the fact that PPSSPP now uses its own resolution changer since the new official 0.9.9 was released, Henrik added this feature, and is found under the graphics tab, on the main settings screen.
So having both on, is obviously making PPSSPP do strange things.
07-26-2014, 12:01 AM
(07-25-2014 09:21 PM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Hi there,
I think your problem simply is the fact that PPSSPP now uses its own resolution changer since the new official 0.9.9 was released, Henrik added this feature, and is found under the graphics tab, on the main settings screen.
So having both on, is obviously making PPSSPP do strange things.

Oh, I didn't mention that I am actually not using the external resolution changer. Sorry.

I tried another game, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, and it looks fine. It may just be a case of a game break after an update. Happens. Or like I said, I got Manhunt 2 to look correctly although it seemed random. I may just have to play with it.