Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver.
06-26-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2014 12:57 PM by Nightquaker.)
RE: ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver.
(06-26-2014 10:09 AM)Bigpet Wrote:  
(06-26-2014 10:03 AM)Nightquaker Wrote:  My point is that it can't just simply stop working for no apparent reason
My point is that it can. Because they're not guaranteed to work together every single change to anything that touches OpenGL can cause things to crash when you're using a broken driver setup.

And that change would still be a reason for drivers not working, yes.
But I want to know what exactly it is, if it's possible, and see if there are any options for me to fix it. I'll also properly install version 11.11a for the purpose of testing, but frankly, this solution is really not that good for me.
And to be honest, every newer version of bloody drivers for 4k series or any 'legacy' cards is broken in one way or another.
But ranting aside, I'll still try to make logs to pinpoint an exact module that is a cause of crash, if it's possible.
________________________________________________________________________________​_______________________

Update:
Well, I installed the whole version 11.11a driver package and it still crashes!
I'll try the very latest dev build now and if that won't work, it's going to be a real fiddle. Also, everything is fine from my GPU's side, so it's not a hardware problem.

My specs:
Phenom X3 8450 ~2.3GHz
PowerColor HD6850 1GB
4 gigs of DDR2-800 RAM
~400GB HDD
Windows 8.0 x64
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ATI 4k series OpenGL crash even with proper version of driver. - Nightquaker - 06-26-2014 10:12 AM