Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Monster Hunter Guild Hall Troubleshooting/checklist
06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Monster Hunter Guild Hall Troubleshooting/checklist
Many people request help on how to connect to the Evolve/hamachi guild hall, I will post a few steps with pictures how to solve most problems.

1. Make sure you have restarted your computer after installing every networking component(yes this can sometimes help).

2. Check that you have "Fast Memory" disabled. (Click Me)

3. Make sure you have "Simulate Block Transfer" unchecked.(Click Me)

4. Check that you are connected to the proper host.(Click Me)

5. Check that your mac adress is properly formatted with : in between the characters. Your mac adress can be found here (click me).
WARNING THIS MAC ADRESS IS FORMATTED WRONG, YOU SHOULD USE : IN STEAD OF -
When properly done it should look like this (Click Me)

6. Disable Windows Firewall (its made so it blocks random stuff you dont want to be blocked, Thanks windows) (click me)

7. Some virus scanners have small firewalls built into the network adapter that you should disable. (Click me)
You can find them by following the line. hamachi/evolve/tunngle(click me)

If You have any additional issues, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM

As Always, Happy hunting
[Image: JDcQd1p.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 10:21 AM by vnctdj.)
RE: Monster Hunter Guild Hall Troubleshooting/checklist
You already have problems with "Simulate block transfer" ? Personally, I have not tested to play with people with this option enabled yet...

Moreover, I have never disabled any firewall and I never got any problems...

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-17-2014, 10:27 AM
(06-17-2014 10:21 AM)vnctdj Wrote:  You already have problems with "Simulate block transfer" ? Personally, I have not tested to play with people with this option enabled yet...

Moreover, I have never disabled any firewall and I never got any problems...

With my firewall on I wasnt able to connect to some people, with the firewall off it was working.
but to be honest about the block transfer, I was told to turn it off for multiplayer Big Grin
06-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Who told you to turn "Simulate block transfer" off ?
It's enabled by default... We should test if it's a problem or not...

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-17-2014, 03:22 PM
Here's what I posted in Ad-Hoc Multiplayer>Monster Hunter Freedom Unite thread.
I'm just gonna quote myself:

(06-05-2014 07:28 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Troubleshooting pointers for connecting MHFU online:
  • Tunngle or Hamachi or Evolve is open. Make sure you're in a room, of course!
  • AdhocSever is open.
  • All players should have the same region of the game. (either [ULUS-10391], [ULES-01213], or [ULJM-05500], just one!)
  • All players should have the same "proAdhocServer" in their "ppsspp.ini."
  • No two players should have the same "MacAddress" in their "ppsspp.ini." Changing it with random numbers is okay as long as the format is retained.
  • Disable all cheats!

Big Grin

In addition to that, make sure WLAN is enabled in PPSSPP,
and NO players are using save states or unthrottle/alt. speed = unlimited (to speed up) function. Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-23-2014, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 06:26 PM by Exoeros.)
So I have been reading over everything and i'm sorry but i'm just a tad confused about a few things.
So basically I have all the settings down, but for the steps you open tunngle and both join the same room.
After wards you the host in this case me, I open adhocserver and leave it open right? or do we both?
We have the same game and emulator(check).
Now in the ppsspp.ini under the proadhocserver = ( I put my tunngle V ip here?) and when you say all players should have the same proadhocserver in their ppsspp.ini, do you mean they should all be using the hosts tunggle V ip?

Also on a side note do I specifically need the ppsspp.ini from http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=8653

The user chelc was saying that he was having no problems with everyone used that specific ppsspp.ini
07-23-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 06:51 PM by barbanium.)
The host is the only one required to run AdhocSever.exe. It's unnecessary for other players.

Host AND all other players should copy and paste the host's IP to proadhocserver.

With the most recent version, you don't need to open "ppsspp.ini" to change IP.
In PPSSPP.exe, go to Settings -> System -> Networking and find "Change proAdhocServer IP address" to change IP.
You can also find "Change MAC address" there.

For an updated checklist, please read this post of mine: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...7#pid86537 Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-23-2014, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2014 07:50 PM by AdamN.)
(07-23-2014 06:50 PM)barbanium Wrote:  The host is the only one required to run AdhocSever.exe. It's unnecessary for other players.

Host AND all other players should copy and paste the host's IP to proadhocserver.

With the most recent version, you don't need to open "ppsspp.ini" to change IP.
In PPSSPP.exe, go to Settings -> System -> Networking and find "Change proAdhocServer IP address" to change IP.
You can also find "Change MAC address" there.

For an updated checklist, please read this post of mine: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...7#pid86537 Big Grin
To be correct, not only the host can run adhocserver.exe, anyone can run it as long all players are using the same server IP (pointing to the same adhocserver.exe) Smile

My Modified PPSSPP :
==============
Win32&64: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t3mtdhb0f045cn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_Win32x64.zip?dl=0
Android(ARMv7): https://www.dropbox.com/s/b41bm43mtn1gpnn/PPSSPP_1.11-testbuild_ARMv7.apk?dl=0
07-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, it will not create problems, but only one "AdhocSever.exe" is needed (run by the host, obviously) Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2