Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Missing, then un-extractable.
06-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Missing, then un-extractable.
Hi, I was using the newest version of PPSSPP the other day to play a game called "Corpse party" < (not relevant to the issue) The point is it was running fine, everything was fine and dandy and all around awesome, definitely one of my favourite Emu's anyway.

So I come to try to play it today, (this is a personal computer no one else has been on it or touched anything since last open) and it tells me the file or folder I am looking for is missing, im on windows 7 so I just popped PPSS in the search bar as I always normally would, click it and same again, the icon is there but it says its missing.

So I found the folder figured i'd uninstall it and just simply re-install it, it obviously got its self in a kerfuffle some how.
So sure, it uninstalls fine.. go to ppsspp org download version 0.9.8 again, but oh wait, the zip is now "broken" or not a recognised file type for extraction, just gives me the same "Break operation error", time and time again on winrar, so I decide maybe it's winrar, how ever unlikely it could be, so I tried Winzip and 7Zip, but both give the same message that it's either corrupt or broken or not a correct file type.

So now scratching my head, slightly frustrated and confused, I figured maybe it broke during download, so I downloaded and tried several more times to no avail... I thought, Right it's obviously something to do with this version... but no, 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 don't work either, HOWEVER 0.9.5 seems to run fine (confusing!) So I figured, it must be something to do with these later file types, but why oh why did they work fine before! I tried installing or should I say re installing the new new runtime DLLs. But that didn't work either. Now I know this is the definition of madness, repeating the same thing and hoping for different results but I guess I really wanted PPSSPP to work, so I tried downloading 0.9.8 AGAIN but this time, it didn't even download It simply took me to a Google chrome error page with a message stating that
"No data received" with a sad face saying reload / more, the more button giving the response;
Unable to load the web page because the server sent no data.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

So no matter how many times I spammed that reload, the same thing happened, now it's picky.. sometimes it downloads, sometimes I get this page either way the file is always corrupt,

SO I figured... Whats there to lose except $2's, I'll buy the gold version and see if that comes out corrupt.. The same thing sadly Sad Reload page or corrupt file.
Any Idea whats going on? Have I flubbed this up somehow?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Missing, then un-extractable.
I have the same problem as you, archive is broken and installer say that an error occured and that files are missing, so plizz help ! D:
06-07-2014, 07:21 PM
You guys probably have Avast installed which apparently detects PPSSPP as a "suspicious file" as described here: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...4#pid85304
06-07-2014, 07:32 PM
You think it's related?
If these people don't have Avast then maybe there's a problem with PPSSPP. :O

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-07-2014, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 07:40 PM by Bigpet.)
Yeah, there was just someone in the chat who reported the same kind of issue, then unknown asked him if he had avast and he said yes and disabling apparently helped.

Don't just disable your anti-virus though. If you are 100% sure the file is from the a trusted server and you trust it, you can surely whitelist the executable.
06-07-2014, 07:43 PM
(06-07-2014 07:39 PM)Bigpet Wrote:  Yeah, there was just someone in the chat who reported the same kind of issue, then unknown asked him if he had avast and he said yes and disabling apparently helped.

Hey guys, cheers for the quick feedback, yes I do have avast and as soon as im out of this game of leagues, I'll check it out and let you know if this is causing my issue.
On the other hand my Avast usually tells me if it finds something suspicious and is not set to just remove things automatically with no warning? and it played fine the first couple of days just randomly started playing up today :/ strange. well yeah, I'll let you know shortly. Cheers for the suggestion.
06-07-2014, 10:27 PM
(06-07-2014 07:43 PM)Paulisus Wrote:  well yeah, I'll let you know shortly. Cheers for the suggestion.

Well, that was a lot simpler than I first made it out to be, to put it bluntly I was being an idiot, YES it was Avast, and It was my fault, It was annoying me the other day and I put it in "silent gaming mode" hence why it removed it every time I downloaded the file, without telling me.

Sighsville, so this can be closed... solution found.
Deactivate your Avast, download it, put it in a folder and put it on the Avast exceptions! and bobs your metaphorical uncle.
Gg wp.
06-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi guys,
So I disabled Avast and launch the installer and it worked fine, I can now use ppsspp, thanks to you ! It's kind of weird 'cause it was working before and I had avast before too, but I whitelisted the ppsspp folder in Avast, so I maybe won't have any problem