Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
02-27-2013, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 11:21 AM by sfageas.)
Action / RPG
US
Format: I tried both ISO & CSO
IOs // iPhone 5
Compatability: Intro [???]

Using the configuration provided for the current ios ver. of the emu, it load the game, showing the logos [ALTUS...], but when it should load the menu it stares black.

I tried different rom's ver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2013, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 11:47 AM by sfageas.)
RE: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble [IOs / iPhone 5]
Goes in game now.Need some further testing.Some graphic bugs like when you charge your spirit(image 6) and sometimes enemy characters have those lines(but they disappear quick).And it hangs after the first stage with invalid address

Moved to Ingame

Tested with v0.7.6-816-g2c4254d

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-07-2013, 12:35 PM
RE: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
Playable Half of the Ingame Intro
It Crashes When The Player told to regroup with other student
Or after the first fight tutorial

Tested using PPSSPP v0.8-1-g3a3fbfc on Windows 7
08-25-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2013 03:42 AM by betasword.)
As of 0.9.1 (Windows 7), the entire emulator crashes at the end of the intro subway scene. To be fair, though, this game was well known for being very finicky when it came to being run as an .iso, even on actual PSPs.

Oh yeah, and some graphical issues, but nothing game breaking. Except... Don't run with Read Framebuffers to Memory (GPU). Everyone is just floating clothes with floating hair if you do.
09-10-2013, 01:08 AM
playable in my android dualcore 1hz, powervr sgx531.
ppsspp 0.9.1 up, just disable framebuffer.
09-10-2013, 08:13 PM
(09-10-2013 01:08 AM)paijo Wrote:  playable in my android dualcore 1hz, powervr sgx531.

well, can you really play after the first fight? because i still get error on mipmap but i can't attach the log file nor view it (636 mb on it's size)

is there really no new improvement on this game? i'm don't know any single thing in programming nor debugging, so up till now, i only on everyone else review for the game. really want to play this game.

---
sorry for bad english
Using PPSSPP 0.9.1-148 on win7 ultimate x86
core i3 - 2.40 GHz ; 4 Gb Ram ; Intel HD GPU
09-11-2013, 03:07 AM
(09-10-2013 08:13 PM)Alzk19 Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 01:08 AM)paijo Wrote:  playable in my android dualcore 1hz, powervr sgx531.

well, can you really play after the first fight? because i still get error on mipmap but i can't attach the log file nor view it (636 mb on it's size)

is there really no new improvement on this game? i'm don't know any single thing in programming nor debugging, so up till now, i only on everyone else review for the game. really want to play this game.

---
sorry for bad english
Using PPSSPP 0.9.1-148 on win7 ultimate x86
core i3 - 2.40 GHz ; 4 Gb Ram ; Intel HD GPU

Well, this time i try again this game on ppsspp 0.9.1.747, and after picture no.4 was a loading screen than the ppsspp dissapear, and go back to android home screen.

i dont remember last time what version that i used and i can pass the loading screen after picture no.4

09-21-2013, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 10:15 PM by Bancho.)
crashing during gameplay Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble NTSC
Kenka Bancho - Badass Rumble NTSC (USA): About 15 mins into the game, the screen turns black and freezes, during a loading screen.

I get this at the bottom of my log:

Quote:32:11:270 MyThread-Sou E[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:55 Unknown GetPointer 11b4bccc PC 11b4bccc LR 11b4bccc

Anyone know what's causing this and if I can do anything about it?

PS. this is on the PC emulator, running on Windows 7 64-bit

revision: ppsspp-v0.9.1-1062-gb717e41-windows-amd64
i5-2500k
GTX 680 2GB
Sound card: Asus Xonar DX
09-22-2013, 08:46 AM
(09-21-2013 09:46 PM)Bancho Wrote:  Kenka Bancho - Badass Rumble NTSC (USA): About 15 mins into the game, the screen turns black and freezes, during a loading screen.

I get this at the bottom of my log:

Quote:32:11:270 MyThread-Sou E[MM]: MemmapFunctions.cpp:55 Unknown GetPointer 11b4bccc PC 11b4bccc LR 11b4bccc

Anyone know what's causing this and if I can do anything about it?

PS. this is on the PC emulator, running on Windows 7 64-bit

revision: ppsspp-v0.9.1-1062-gb717e41-windows-amd64
i5-2500k
GTX 680 2GB
Sound card: Asus Xonar DX

You have to post in each game's thread, please do a search before creating a new thread...

Given that your post seems useful, I merged it in the game's thread.

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I am new to the forums. If this question or statement is in the wrong place, I apologize.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 and this is the first game I have downloaded successfully. Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same issues that have been noted. My game freezes after the first fight, in the subway, on a white "Now Loading" screen. I know nothing about programming and am practically a Luddite. Please help me if there is any to be had.

I don't want to spam post by putting this in every thread pertaining to this game or I would post this in every available result. I will just hope this is in the right place and once again apologize if it isn't.

Thank you and I will check the compatibility list now that I know of it.
11-05-2013, 10:23 PM
same thing for me tried on both android and windows 7 32 bit version 0.9.5 of the game.crashes after the scene in first fight. hope it will have a fix soon.
02-26-2014, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 07:20 AM by sergio_zar.)
I have tried it with the last build and the game still crashes at the end of the cutscene after the first real fight. It is a pity because the game seems to be absolutely hilarious and it worked flawlessly until then.
04-17-2014, 03:00 AM
still no updates?
07-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Please excuse me for the necrobump but I just tried it with the newest version, it still suffers from the issues where the emulator crashes on the loading screen after the first fight. I've read some messages on gamefaqs that some people were having the same issue with an actual PSP and the fix was to set the CPU on default. I'm not sure if doing this will fix the problem in ppsspp.
07-25-2014, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 06:51 AM by GorillaGD.)
Just tried again with the recently released 0.9.9, I get the same issue with the emulator crashing on the loading screen. Now I've noticed that at this instance, the loading screen is white instead of black, I don't know if anyone has dismissed this but there's a possibility that the game may have some anti-piracy measures built into it to prevent the game from working properly on emulators, similar to some Nintendo DS games if ran on something like no$gba and desmume, I would try to test this with the java psp emulator to see if I get the same result but it won't open the game for me at all.

Now I've tried to use someone else's save from gamefaqs and so far I'm not getting an issue with the emulator crashing even if I enter buildings or so, though I have yet to run into a white loading screen so I can't completely dismiss the idea that it will happen again. My only advice at this time is to ask someone who legitimately owns a psp and possibly a copy of the game to play pass the point where it crashes and share their save.