Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Xmen Origins Wolverine
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 05:38 PM by BCFC_Sparky.)
Xmen Origins Wolverine
I am not sure if this information is of any use but ill post my results anyway,

Xmen Origins Wolverine
Tested on Android,
with all settings on, the game fails to start at all,
but with buffered rendering turned off, if I press the x button a few times I can at least hear button presses,
and a game intro start, very stuttery though.
the screen stays black.

just a quick side question,
is this information of use to you guys?
I have tried other games with various results, which other people havent posted about,
shall I post those up?

another side note, great app,
I have followed it for a while, it does seem to be improving at a nice rate,
so keep up the good work!

I am playing on a asus transformer infinity
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: Xmen Origins Wolverine
Our FAQ is rather simple to follow, "only post games that do something(show intro,loading...)". I will move this to intro.You can post your other tested games aswell if they show something.
03-03-2013, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 12:41 PM by BCFC_Sparky.)
After the latest update on 3-3-2013 at 13:30:29,
the game now enters the main menu only if hardware transform is turned off,
I have no idea what that does,
but if it is turned on I get the same result as my first post,
turn it off and you reach the main menu with around 60 fps,
can enter options and so on,
but if you press new game, the game just gets stuck at a loading screen and you can hear one line of speech.

edit-- all other options can be on, including now buffered rendering.

Keep up the good work
04-19-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2013 02:52 PM by sfageas.)
seems to stuck now at this point on the first cutscene with ingame graphics after new game,anyone to confirm this?

ok i bypassed the stuck cutscene with save game from gamefaqs,seems to play fine,some minor problems with flashing textures,disable HT to fix it(slower gameplay)
Save data to bypass the freeze issue and play any level here :
Code:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/955316-x-men-origins-wolverine/saves

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Same results on iPhone, with same options activated, with a save, I can launch the game but it's very slow... Hope somebody work on this game !
05-29-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 09:57 AM by sfageas.)
Playable!Tested with v0.7.6-905-g9832e24
Is these errors the cause for the cracking audio i have or it's my pc? Smile

Moved

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-29-2013, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013 04:57 PM by brujo55.)
v0.7.6-905-g9832e24

working fine on galaxy s3,no sound.
07-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Title: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Genre: Action / Hack'n'Slash / Beat'Em-Up
Region: USA (NTSC)
Game ID: ULUS10411 [More detail]
Format: ISO
Version of PPSSPP: v0.8.1-612-gdf89065 (yes, old one - read below why I used this version)
Emulation system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Compatibility: Playable (Player can complete game at 100%)
Review: Works awesome. It has only one nasty bug with in-game saving. Everything else works very-very good.

Video:
Excellent. Every video and cut-scenes works without glitches or issues.
Sound:
Music and SFX works good. No distorts or slowdown.
Graphic:
No textures and models bugs. Every text shown without errors.
FPS:
Stable 55-60 FPS. Player can play without problems. In some places with heavy visual effects (snow, smoke e.t.c) FPS can down to 40-45
Savestate:
No errors.
In-game save:
Do Not work. Game-explorer creates savefile on memory card but game itself do not reading it. Tried using different setting - no way to make it work, every time game says: "savefile do not present". Autosave do not work too. After every mission game said: "Saving" and show no errors, but truely - no saving, only blank savefile. I start to play this game on PPSSPP v0.8.1-612-gdf89065 and had using only savestates. When I discovered this "save-bug" I can't change PPSSPP build due my savestates do not work on new versions (it is old) and do not have regulary save on memory card.
DLC:
No DLC for this game.

Settings:
I.Quick review:
Code:
Buffered Rendering - on. (You have FPS problem? Switch off this)
Hardware Transform - off.
Read framebuffers to memory - on.
Vertex Cashe - off.
Use VBO - off.
Frame skipping - off. (You have FPS problem? Switch on this)
Simple 2X SSAA - off. (You have fast PC and want cool graphic? Switch this on and switch Buffered Rendering on)
MipMapping - off.
Vsync - off.
Texture Filtering - linear.
Texture Scaling - off.

II.Detail rewiew:
Buffered Rendering - This option makes graphic more brighter and "light-looking". But you can switch it off - this do not affect game very hard. Check this pic to compare on and off settings.
Hardware Transform - This one decreasing FPS. Switch it off
Read framebuffers to memory - Do not affect game's graphic or FPS, but better to switch on when you using Buffered Rendering
Vertex Cashe - This one decreasing FPS. Switch it off
Use VBO - This one decreasing FPS. Switch it off
Frame skipping - Good option which creates more FPS. Use this when you have major problems with FPS.
Simple 2X SSAA - Use it for better graphic expirience and fast PC (or device)
MipMapping - Seems no effect. Better to switch off.
Vsync - This one decreasing FPS. Switch it off
Texture Filtering - Better to use linear - this smoothing game
Texture Scaling - This one decreasing FPS and decreasing graphic. Switch it off

Screenshots:
[Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg]
[Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg] [Image: image.jpg]

Bugs and issues:
1) Main bug - do not work in-game saving/loading

P.S. Dear moders, please change status of this game in compatibility list. Now it is PLAYABLE, not:
Quote:X-Men Origins: Wolverine - ULUS10411 - [menu/intro]
07-29-2013, 03:13 PM
How do I freaking download this game some one tell me please Sad(((((:O:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:-(:-(:-(:'(:'(:-(:-(:-(:'(:'(:'(:-(:-(:'(:'(
07-29-2013, 04:30 PM
No piracy, no torrents and no download links on this site, sorry. If you want download this game - try another place for this, not our community. Advice - buy license stuff - this is best option.
02-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Not working on android i used latest build in buffered rendering its too bright when you switch to non buffered rendering its too dark only the Text/Dialogue you can see on the screens.
02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Information RE: Xmen Origins Wolverine
(07-29-2013 03:13 PM)how_do_I_downloadthiscrap Wrote:  How do I freaking download this game some one tell me please Sad(((((:O:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:-(:-(:-(:'(:'(:-(:-(:-(:'(:'(:'(:-(:-(:'(:'(

There you go, No excuse now, BUY IT FROM HERE: http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Origins-Wolv...B001PKHRUU Tongue
06-12-2014, 10:34 AM
There seems to be a lot of bloom in this game which results in the game being too slow. Is there a way to solve this problem?

In 0.9.5, this game wasfully playable with no sound, but in the latest builds, this is not working correctly. Even used the latest PPSSPP dev versions.
06-12-2014, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 02:45 PM by brujo55.)
(06-12-2014 10:34 AM)Cerberus Wrote:  There seems to be a lot of bloom in this game which results in the game being too slow. Is there a way to solve this problem?

In 0.9.5, this game wasfully playable with no sound, but in the latest builds, this is not working correctly. Even used the latest PPSSPP dev versions.

report here https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues?state=open
08-24-2014, 08:50 AM
In ppsspp Android v0.9.9.1.. Settings for x men Wolverine, the rendering resolution into 1× and devices resolution 1×..Then it is no black screen..