Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to use Mouse as Analog?
05-22-2014, 11:05 AM
How to use Mouse as Analog?
Heyho,

I wanna use my mouse to rotate the Camera but there is no way to set it up in the Controls settings.

Someone knows how to do it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: How to use Mouse as Analog?
I'm not sure if this is possible...and even if it was you'd need a game like monster hunter
That uses the d-pad to rotate the camera

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
05-22-2014, 11:40 AM
(05-22-2014 11:30 AM)xboxmandude Wrote:  I'm not sure if this is possible...and even if it was you'd need a game like monster hunter
That uses the d-pad to rotate the camera

Yep,

at the moment im playing Naruto Shipuuden Ultimate Impact and i would like to rotate the Cam with my mouse.

At the moment its just working with the Controllers analogs or dpad.
05-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Couldn't you just set the right analog sticks for cameras and left analog sticks for movement? Or if you can't let your right thumb preoccupied with camera controls, maybe set the left & right triggers/L2 & R2 for camera controls?

If you had played this game on PSP, you can even use your PSP as a controller for PPSSPP. Smile

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
05-22-2014, 06:27 PM
(05-22-2014 06:08 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Couldn't you just set the right analog sticks for cameras and left analog sticks for movement? Or if you can't let your right thumb preoccupied with camera controls, maybe set the left & right triggers/L2 & R2 for camera controls?

If you had played this game on PSP, you can even use your PSP as a controller for PPSSPP. Smile

I know this works and i got a Controller but i wanna try out Mouse and Keyboard Controls ^^
05-22-2014, 07:02 PM
(05-22-2014 06:27 PM)Dekmatik Wrote:  
(05-22-2014 06:08 PM)barbanium Wrote:  Couldn't you just set the right analog sticks for cameras and left analog sticks for movement? Or if you can't let your right thumb preoccupied with camera controls, maybe set the left & right triggers/L2 & R2 for camera controls?

I know this works and i got a Controller but i wanna try out Mouse and Keyboard Controls ^^

you would need to search program to emulate keyboard keys on mouse

so lets say when you move mouse to the left than left arrow is emulated
and than just set that keys in ppsspp controls

but that would be stupid cause it would mess up ur mouse usage

i seen tons of emulators for keyboard > mouse but i never seen mouse > keyboard emulator

but maybe it exists but my poor english stops me from finding a proper name to search for it in google

i tried mouse emulator even keyboard emulation on mouse
with no result

and btw well all games i know for psp uses D-pad face buttons(^OX[]) or L and R shoulder buttons - AND NOT ANALOG which have speed detection

so it mean it works with key press and not with detection of how fast u move anything

in other words even if you find a way to emulate keyboard keys on mouse than in game camera rotation would be harmful to your senses cause even when you move mouse slow or fast it would rotate camera with same speed in game which would get annoying very fast

and you would end up making long fast moves with mouse when you would need to focus on combat in game

even so how you imagine walking in game + combat or jumps dashes + operating camera? its like you need 3 hands

even when i think you could walk with wasd and have face buttons under qezc and rotate camera with other hand it still would be hard to play any game

but if you just wanna try it search on google for some keyboard emulator or mouse emulator

for many MMO games there was made mouse hacks to do certain things with mouse in game (auto clickers and cursor customizers) so maybe search for mouse hack?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
05-22-2014, 07:29 PM
ZeroX4 has a point. It's hard to use WASD with your left hand for movement, other keyboard keys with your left hand for combat, and mouse movements with your right hand for camera, unless, you'd want mouse clicks and/or extra buttons on your mouse to control combat. That's just too complicated!

Anyway, I found this while searching up something about this topic:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LilyPad-0-10-0

It's basically a plug-in which let's you do what you're requesting BUT it's for PCSX2 emulator, NOT PPSSPP.

That's as far as I can help you. Sorry. Wink

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
07-02-2016, 07:54 PM
I know the topic is a bit old, but it's been quite a long time since the question was asked and I hope something has changed since then. So, do we now have a possibility to assign mouse to control the analog stick?
(I'd love to play GTA VCS and LCS on my PC, but to enjoy the game fully, I'd like to configure controls so that they'd be as close as possible to PC versions of GTA. I have a pad, I could just use it, but it's not really enjoyable for me. And of course I could use PCSX2+LilyPad instead, but it's not a solution, because the performance of PPSSPP is way better.)
Any information would be appreciated. Google provided me with nothing useful but this thread, so I think the answer will be negative but it's always a good thing to ask.
10-02-2016, 07:05 PM
If your playing monster hunter I've gotten used to a keyboard setup
Square: A
Triangle: F+Q
Cross: D
Circle: S+Q
L-trigger: Left shift
R-trigger: Space
Analog: up=up, down=down, left=left, right=right each of these refers to arrow keys.
D-pad: set up=I, Down=K, Left=J+/,Right=L+Right Shift
the reason for the D-pad setup is so you can move around using the up arrow key and use the D-pad camera to guide you to where you want to go. I normally use my middle finger for up arrow and my Index for D-pad left and my ring finger for D-pad right. you will have to hop to I,K for Y-axis views, but i normally always have it set to the same view throughout the battle.

Refer to the shape button key up top:
The reason i have my shape buttons setup as they do is because each button is in sort of a chronological spot, what i mean by this is.
use your right ring finger on A key, middle finger on S key, Index finger on D key, and then i hop from D to F key using the same index finger.
Depending on if your playing MHFU or MHP3rd the confirmation buttons may be different but it doesn't change during combat. L-shift is your pinky to access your item cycle and space is your Sprint key.

A button: is your Square button and item and sheathe button, which is set like this so you aren't as tempted to mistake it for another button and you end up wasting an item or sheathing at the wrong moment then getting you ass handed to you by a deviljho or Elder dragon.

S button: is your circle button which is your primary attack. This is the S button for a good reason which ill explain later.

D button: is your roll button and depending on the game your confirmation or cancel button. This button is your friend never forget that.

F button: is your secondary or primary attack it doesn't really matter which is which. the reason its setup here is because if Your D key was your S key then it would be hard to press both simultaneously For your third attack. and since you don't always have you index on your D key you can use your index and middle key to press the attack buttons

Q button: this isn't necessary, but i find it makes it easier to press both Circle and Triangle buttons at the same time rather than using both fingers. Instead all you do is move your ring finger from the A key up to your Q key and you can easily use your third attack.

L-trigger: L-trigger is Shift because it allows you to access your items and cycle through them to find the one you need. this is shift because you don't have to move your Pinker from the shift button at any point during the game. This means you can cycle through using your shape keys while holding down your shift key. You know what i mean.

R-trigger: R-trigger is your space button. This is your sprint button. its like your L-trigger button, you will never have to move it from your space key which means you are able to sprint at anytime and be able to dolphin dive (D key used when running away from monster).

I also forgot to mention your start and select keys. I have mine set to left enter/return and \ but it doesn't make much of a difference unless your using bowgun and have to combine a lot so you have to access your menu often.

I hope this helps your monster hunter players out there cause it sure did help me.