Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vsync Broken
05-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Vsync Broken
What kind of vsync does PPSSPP use?

I have ppsspp-v0.9.8-665-gc31a1b1-windows-amd64 and it seems that the vsync option in the emulator is ineffective. Screen tearing everywhere whether the option is on or off.

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
geforce gtx 780M
i7-4930mx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: Vsync Broken
My very rough memory tells me that there are options in your NVIDIA settings to force Vsync on, off, or allow the application to decide. I may be mistaken, but you may want to check that you don't have it forced off. Naturally if the driver is overriding PPSSPP, it won't work.

-[Unknown]
05-15-2014, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 02:15 AM by shinra358.)
Driver is using 'Use 3D Application Settings' for vsync.

Edit: Forcing it to 'on' through the drivers actually makes it work. Please fix so we don't have to manually do it through the drivers.
05-15-2014, 05:02 AM
I have my driver set to "Use the 3D application setting", but I don't really get tearing. I don't know why, tbh. Although I have my refresh rate set at 75Hz, not 60Hz, and have a much weaker 9800 GT.

Question: when you fast forward (press tab) does the tearing become more noticeable, at all?

Does it work in the 32-bit version? (it will use your 32-bit driver.)

Are you using the latest stable version of the driver?

-[Unknown]
05-15-2014, 05:42 AM
On both versions, screen tearing is there when fast forwarding.

The x86 version has the tearing too.

I'm using the newest 'high performance' 337.50 Beta nvidia drivers. The one that has the directx 12-like properties.

I'm testing out crisis core ff7. It's easier to spot during the intro:
a. when the square-enix logo fades in and then back out (with the white background)
b. during the intro cinematics (when you don't press anything) when the soldier starts shooting the machine gun.

It's in between too but I noted those 2 spots just because the tears are easy to see their because of the white backgrounds. No, it is not the only game.
05-24-2014, 05:16 AM
(05-15-2014 02:03 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  My very rough memory tells me that there are options in your NVIDIA settings to force Vsync on, off, or allow the application to decide. I may be mistaken, but you may want to check that you don't have it forced off. Naturally if the driver is overriding PPSSPP, it won't work.

-[Unknown]

Many thanks for Unknown godSmile It is very helpful to solve my Vsync problem until now..

Bleach
05-30-2014, 02:29 AM
If anybody else is looking at this thread, please speak up.