Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Resolved] alternative speed button?
05-12-2014, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 03:48 PM by vnctdj.)
Sad [Resolved] alternative speed button?
i am trying to set up the alternative speed button on ppsspp to play Monster Hunter 3rd online, but i can't find the button on the control config nor find where i need to change it.

the controls.ini also don't have alternative speed listed.

where is it? this is driving me mad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 03:23 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: alternative speed button?
What version of PPSSPP are you using ?
You should use the latest available version >> http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

The alternative speed option is on the first page of the settings Wink

If you are talking about control mapping, just go to Settings >> Controls >> Control mapping, it is called Speed toggle in the list Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-12-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: alternative speed button?
strange, i tried mapping speed toggle before but it just sped up the game.

anyway, now it works, thanks vnctdj!
05-12-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 03:48 PM by vnctdj.)
RE: [Resolved] alternative speed button?
You're welcome Smile

Thread's title edited.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-13-2014, 03:18 PM
What about on android how to switch between normal to alternative speed when using only the on touch keyboard?i mean there is no extra button on the screen to assign with it?
10-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Hi henrik bro ,
My android device ,: 3gb ram , 1.4ghz octacore ,
Still have lag choppy sound , why ? Cause It use only one core ? I am using latest version of ppsspp plz make any silution my brother ,
Plz reoly
10-20-2017, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2017 04:50 AM by Lunos.)
(10-13-2017 05:47 PM)rahmanfahad Wrote:  Hi henrik bro ,
My android device ,: 3gb ram , 1.4ghz octacore ,
Still have lag choppy sound , why ? Cause It use only one core ? I am using latest version of ppsspp plz make any silution my brother ,
Plz reoly

Strangely enough, the rules doesn't say anything about bumping threads so I guess this is accepted over here.

With that being said, I'd say that 1.4GHz is kinda weak. Also, the more cores a CPU has, the more its Single Core performance suffers, if I'm not wrong.
So yeah: try older versions, make sure to run some software focused on optimization and removal of garbage like CCleaner, make sure you're not running ANYTHING but PPSSPP whenever you decide to use it and try to mess around with PPSSPP's configuration. If worst comes to worst, maybe there's some Custom ROM out there focused on performance, I barely know anything about the Android community but I know that stuff like LineageOS is quite popular, walk that path at your own risk though.
If none of the above solves it, then maybe it's time to buy a new phone.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and read the guide "Maximizing the performance of PPSSPP on your Android/Windows device" that you can find right here.