Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Separate subforum,thread,whatever for PC users
05-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Separate subforum,thread,whatever for PC users
I know PPSSPP multiplatform emulator, but very difficult sometimes to figure out whats going on. Frustrating ,confusing,misleading information.
Very easy to do separate forums for mobiles and PC i think. So anyone can find fast correct information about particular game ,post settings,report compatibility,etc. Finally (but a bit different story) ,if developers can focus on 1 platform, will be better result. I hope not saying something very smart ? Tongue If trying to catch 2 rabbits,you will get nothing.

Windows 7 64 bit |Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz|Asus HD 7770|RAM 8 GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 05:30 AM by TheDax.)
RE: Separate subforum,thread,whatever for PC users
You have a valid point about how we're keeping the compatibility list, but there's no reason to focus on only one platform. The same code works for pretty much all of them (JIT code aside, that will always be ARM, PowerPC, etc., specific), so it'd be silly to divide the emulator up into different projects for each specific platform.

Hopefully in the future we'll change up how the compatibility lists are kept (e.g. with a wiki or something, and separated properly by platform).

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
05-01-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Separate subforum,thread,whatever for PC users
Yeah I agree this is silly, the code difference between PC and Android is not that big, especially when you include x86 Android.