3 monitor view

[Extra Display][Main Display][Extra Display]

thanks

:>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: PPSPP multiple displays.
What do you want to display on each monitor ?

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
You need a program to customise those screens Wink thats how i play Aion Wink try google .

My sausage is your sausage just ask for it .

SGS3 LTE Octa Core 4.4.3 32GB+64
04-24-2014, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 04:24 AM by Darkmeqa.)
(04-23-2014 06:51 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  What do you want to display on each monitor ?

well, i want my laptop to be the main display.
and a monitor to be the other display..
Now I want to extend the display into each monitor.
But when I open the emulator and play the game, it doesnt display at the other monitor.
I tried using fullscreen bt still doesnt work.
The other displays are still displaying the desktop.

(04-23-2014 08:31 PM)Homo87 Wrote:  You need a program to customise those screens Wink thats how i play Aion Wink try google .

What prog. do u use then?
04-24-2014, 10:55 AM
You can force a game (or any full screen application/video) accross multiple monitors using your nvidia/ati graphics display software, generally under the "multiple displays" settings.

Both monitors must be set at the same resolution, and have the same aspect ratio .

Or
The first place to check is Nvidia's System Requirements for 3D Vision. Without using SLI (which would require two or more of the same cards), you can't do what you're asking. This is just due to the way it works - rendering such a large image, and then sending it to another discrete video card before displaying it would be such a performance hit it wouldn't be worth it.

While this uses the 3D Vision technology, you don't have to run games in 3D mode - you can run them in 2D mode as well. In this mode, you also don't have three desktops, but rather one triple-wide desktop (at the desktop level). See this thread for more details.

Do note that the game must also support the 3D Vision Surround Technology. Note that using three monitors on the desktop level is a completely different story (if you want discrete desktops as opposed to a triple-wide one), and you can see details for this below.

Additional information: As you already know, you need to use an additional video card to get the triple monitor setup working. Additionally, if you wanted to use SLI/Crossfire in this setup, you would have to check Nvidia's website to see if triple monitors are supported (e.g. I had 2 x 8800 GT's in SLI, and had to disable SLI to get triple monitors to work - this does work with some newer Nvidia cards however). See this page for more details.

Using two video cards in non-SLI is a completely different story, and quite possible with any combination of cards. My recommendation is to use your one center monitor as your "main" monitor (and have the 560 be that monitor's hardware acceleration), and plug the other two monitors into the 260. That way, 3D applications that output to your main display won't take a performance hit (those running on the additional monitors will - you might want to put one of them back on the main 560 if you need something else hardware accelerated).

The core requirement from Nvidia's website to use an additional video card to drive an additional monitor is:

Additional monitors (up to 6 monitors total enabled) may be enabled by using either a motherboard GPU and/or a PhysX capable graphics card (GeForce 8 series or higher with at least 256MB of memory) that does not have the same GPU as those that are SLI enabled. More information regarding multi-monitor in SLI can be found here.

Anyway those are free methods wanna get paid software?

04-24-2014, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 07:20 PM by Apology11.)
What you also can do:

open PPSSPP in windowed mode (not fullscreen), drag the window to the top left corner of the left monitor.
Use the right bottom corner of the window to drag it across all three screens.

But you should keep in mind, that the PSP games are rendered in 16:9 so if you change the resolution you will either get a stretched picture or black borders....:

[Image: 6ccq.png]
04-25-2014, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2014 07:30 AM by Darkmeqa.)
(04-24-2014 10:55 AM)Homo87 Wrote:  You can force a game (or any full screen application/video) accross multiple monitors using your nvidia/ati graphics display software, generally under the "multiple displays" settings.

Both monitors must be set at the same resolution, and have the same aspect ratio .

Or
The first place to check is Nvidia's System Requirements for 3D Vision. Without using SLI (which would require two or more of the same cards), you can't do what you're asking. This is just due to the way it works - rendering such a large image, and then sending it to another discrete video card before displaying it would be such a performance hit it wouldn't be worth it.

While this uses the 3D Vision technology, you don't have to run games in 3D mode - you can run them in 2D mode as well. In this mode, you also don't have three desktops, but rather one triple-wide desktop (at the desktop level). See this thread for more details.

Do note that the game must also support the 3D Vision Surround Technology. Note that using three monitors on the desktop level is a completely different story (if you want discrete desktops as opposed to a triple-wide one), and you can see details for this below.

Additional information: As you already know, you need to use an additional video card to get the triple monitor setup working. Additionally, if you wanted to use SLI/Crossfire in this setup, you would have to check Nvidia's website to see if triple monitors are supported (e.g. I had 2 x 8800 GT's in SLI, and had to disable SLI to get triple monitors to work - this does work with some newer Nvidia cards however). See this page for more details.

Using two video cards in non-SLI is a completely different story, and quite possible with any combination of cards. My recommendation is to use your one center monitor as your "main" monitor (and have the 560 be that monitor's hardware acceleration), and plug the other two monitors into the 260. That way, 3D applications that output to your main display won't take a performance hit (those running on the additional monitors will - you might want to put one of them back on the main 560 if you need something else hardware accelerated).

The core requirement from Nvidia's website to use an additional video card to drive an additional monitor is:

Additional monitors (up to 6 monitors total enabled) may be enabled by using either a motherboard GPU and/or a PhysX capable graphics card (GeForce 8 series or higher with at least 256MB of memory) that does not have the same GPU as those that are SLI enabled. More information regarding multi-monitor in SLI can be found here.

Anyway those are free methods wanna get paid software?

LOL
the thing is my maindisplay(laptop) uses only intel >.<
well thanks for that info.
cuz i got a nvidia geforce graphic card here.

what's the paid prog. then?
04-27-2014, 12:38 AM
Try these https://www.displayfusion.com
http://www.digitaltigers.com/ultraview-d...anager.asp
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards...itors.html

http://www.atomicgamer.com/articles/1522...-come-true

You might be forced to buy better laptop/computer for better card V.V or i can find a hole in your system by hacking internal win32 file to make it work but watch out im doin that without lube O.O!

Sowwy had few dates Big Grin

04-27-2014, 02:26 AM
Thanks..
12-05-2015, 02:58 AM
does the emulator render three screens seperately?
01-02-2017, 10:14 PM
(12-05-2015 02:58 AM)isamu Wrote:  does the emulator render three screens seperately?

Good question isamu.
01-03-2017, 07:59 AM
Unless he is running 3 instances of PPSSPP it should not isamu.

Generally the GPU renders the scene to a frame buffer then that buffer is sent to the screen (or screens). When you use AMD's Eyefinity or Nvidia's Surround (or whatever it is now called) you are telling windows you do not have 3 1920x1080 screens but 1 5760x1080 screen. You are pushing more pixels out so some performance hit is to be expected, but it should be more in line with switching to a much higher resolution monitor. There are some other technologies either the GPU or or the program you want to run can employ to fix some isues like distortion arround the sides and compensating for monitor bezels, but those are generally handled like post processing effects rather then trying to render a scene 3 times (1 for each monitor).