Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox 360 wireless controller - Right analog, dpad, R2 And L2 support
04-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Xbox 360 wireless controller - Right analog, dpad, R2 And L2 support
Hi All,

I've been looking for solutions for this problem and can't find one. I hope anyone can point me to a solution.

I'm using a nexus 7 2013 with the latest ppsspp for android using a wireless xbox controller. My main problem is the dpad which doesn't work well with ppsspp. When I try to map dpad keys, it says "dpad.???" for all 4 directions. Pressing the key during the game with press all the directions at the same time.

Trying to map the L2, R2 and right analog stick has no luck as well. I think its not yet supported.

I know the xbox controller has no problem. I tried 2 controllers and have the same problem. I used the PC version of ppsspp and everything works fine with the same controller.

As for the android device, I can say that other emulator and games have successfully mapped the dpad and right analog stick so I believe ppsspp shouldn't have any problem. Dead trigger can use the right analog stick and SNES ex can use the dpad with no problem.

I hope anyone can give me solutions. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: Xbox 360 wireless controller - Right analog, dpad, R2 And L2 support
Controllers support need rebuild. Many people have different problems.
04-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the response Yareku.

Maybe I need to wait a bit for the fix.

By the way, does anyone tried if wired xbox controller if it works fine. I've seen a tutorial to copy wired xbox controller configuration so that wireless xbox controller is identified as wired by android. If it works fine with wired controller , maybe I'll try to follow the tutorial to see if it works.
04-19-2014, 11:25 PM
I just did copying xbox USB controller keylayout in place of the wireless and this solves L2, R2 and right analog stick issue. Unfortunately, dpad is still an issue but you can just map this to right analog stick and it works great with monster hunter.

For those having the same issue, you can follow the tutorial in the link below. Note that this needs root access. This will solve as well the camera spin issue with few games like dead trigger 1 and dead space.

(Since I can't post external link, just Google "How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin" and click the first result)

Hope it helps.