Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP website
02-23-2013, 04:38 PM
PPSSPP website
Hey guys,

I've started to work on a new more stylish website for this great emulator.I had lots of ideas but ultimately due to my limited ability in web design I went for a simple,yet efficient approach.

I thought about having a psp go as a banner and have the page links where on the psp 2000 home/select/start buttons would go.They are added as simple text in the screenshot but I can make them buttons although they might seem stupid as the real psp go doesn't have those buttons.In addition I can try and make pages to slide down when pressing page links jus like the control pad slides irl.For now it's just a sketch so you guys can see the potential and add some ideas.
I await your opinons and criticsSmile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: PPSSPP website
Thats nice work, looks great Smile
02-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Hmm, since you asked for critics be warned - I am one.

An important concept in webdesign is what is "below the fold." The idea is simple: everything important on a page should, if possible, be visible without scrolling for the majority of your users. If you look at the current website, you'll notice it follows this reasonably well on desktop resolutions, with the video, header, and platform compatibility all well featured.

The layout is also somewhat responsive. What this means is that on a thinner device (e.g. 640 wide like an iPhone), the "Fast and portable" etc. headers fall down from columns to paragraphs. The ad sorta ruins this and it looks terrible, but the intention is there, anyway.

A great way to test this, by the way, is Chrome's Overrides in Developer Tools. You can pick the device metrics there.

So, my critiques:
* while the concept is nice, and you did a good job, it takes up a lot of space and may scrunch badly on mobile.
* use of Sony's trademarks (Playstation ® logo, SONY ® logo, PSP ® logo) might be best avoided if possible.
* the contrast on the text is not great; I'm not able to read the word "Portable" on the far left.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and thanks for contributing.

-[Unknown]
02-23-2013, 05:31 PM
I didn't take into consideration the copyright issues that might come up by using a console picture.I will try a different approach after I try sketching something.
02-23-2013, 07:12 PM
(02-23-2013 05:13 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  * use of Sony's trademarks (Playstation ® logo, SONY ® logo, PSP ® logo) might be best avoided if possible.
Fixable!
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2ugjg95.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/293y4ud.jpg
02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
(02-23-2013 07:12 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 05:13 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  * use of Sony's trademarks (Playstation ® logo, SONY ® logo, PSP ® logo) might be best avoided if possible.
Fixable!
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2ugjg95.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/293y4ud.jpg

Tremendous work,would have been a shame to discard the idea!
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Ok so I thought about making things in a different way.When a user enters the website he is prompted to the psp-go intro page.There he can find general information like last official version,compatible OS.
I will design a button called either "Skip" or "Go to website" that enters the real website.What do you think?

[Image: capturengw.png]
02-24-2013, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 04:16 PM by livisor.)
Could someone make me a 700px x 100px psp wave banner?I just need the wave(blue if possible) without it looking stretched.

Here is the ppsspp main website,it's still plain but I wanted to ask if it is wide enough(700px).The zoom is 90% so you can see the whole website.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
yo can do the website large between 900 to 1000px

It's rare to see people with a smaller resolution

Ps. I like the current design ahah

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-24-2013, 06:56 PM
I think the only thing that would beat the current one is an HTML5 site having the waves in the background coded in HTML5 and the main site on the top with semitransparent windows.
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
(02-24-2013 06:56 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  I think the only thing that would beat the current one is an HTML5 site having the waves in the background coded in HTML5 and the main site on the top with semitransparent windows.

I'll read some documentation about html5.I'm pretty sure I can get the waves working through dreamweaver.
02-24-2013, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 09:12 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
Your best chance is trying to convert the original PSP/PS3 wave .rcos, people say that they are pretty simple and short scripts and all the contents needed are there too. PS3's wave would look better because the textures are higher quality and it's a bit richer than PSP's wave but since we talk about PSP, I guess we have to use PSP's right? It has 2 variations, the Classic and the Normal. (BTW I'm not talking about a static image on the site, I'm talking about a full live-animated version of the wave, HTML5 or Flash should do it)
02-24-2013, 09:19 PM
(02-24-2013 09:10 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Your best chance is trying to convert the original PSP/PS3 wave .rcos, people say that they are pretty simple and short scripts and all the contents needed are there too. PS3's wave would look better because the textures are higher quality and it's a bit richer than PSP's wave but since we talk about PSP, I guess we have to use PSP's right? It has 2 variations, the Classic and the Normal. (BTW I'm not talking about a static image on the site, I'm talking about a full live-animated version of the wave, HTML5 or Flash should do it)

A few days ago I came upon some ps3 waves patched to work as live wallpapers for windows,mac.It was written there that the files work directly on dreamweaver so I'll take a second look there.
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.orangeagent.de/psp/