Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PPSSPP crashing
04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
PPSSPP crashing
I'm having trouble with PPSSPP playing Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (Undub version). The program just keeps crashing whenever the game goes into battle mode.
I'm using the latest version 0.98. Also I've already tried different versions of PPSSPP, changing settings but none worked Sad . I also tried other games like FFT and Fate Extra and they work fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: PPSSPP crashing
There could be many reasons:
1.There is no official undub version so it is possible that there is something wrong with the game now.
2.The game don't like some option which you have enabled(multi threading,fast memory,I\O thread,frame skipping(some games hate frame skipping))
3.The compatibility list(no idea how correct it is for the version of ppsspp you use)say "[ingame]" which means,such problems are to be expected

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-11-2014, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 04:10 PM by kazami.)
RE: PPSSPP crashing
1.There is no official undub version so it is possible that there is something wrong with the game now.
I dunno about this since I figured it's pretty much the same as the normal version except the voice files but I'm getting an official one to test out.

2.The game don't like some option which you have enabled(multi threading,fast memory,I\O thread,frame skipping(some games hate frame skipping))
Tried unchecking all of those but instead of crashing the game just gives me a black screen every time it goes into battle mode Sad

3.The compatibility list(no idea how correct it is for the version of ppsspp you use)say "[ingame]" which means,such problems are to be expected
Well as stated I'm using the latest version 0.9.8 from the front page.

EDIT: It works with the official version, although I wish I wouldn't have to deal with the horrible English dub Sad