Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 Controller won't work with v0.9.8
04-11-2014, 02:50 AM
PS3 Controller won't work with v0.9.8
Since downloading the new PPSSPP Emulator (Version 0.9.8), I have been unable to use it in conjunction with my PS3 Controller.

I copied over the control and memstick files as I usually do when updating and while all my save data is present, the emulator just doesn't read the controller. When I try and configure the controls in the emulator itself, it will only register keyboard presses.

With all prior versions I've had no trouble running my PS3 controller through MotioninJoy, which is what I run in conjunction with PPSSPP. Is there anything that I'm missing or that I've overlooked that will allow me to run PPSSPP with my controller again?

I'm running the 64-bit version of PPSPP 0.9.8 on Windows 7 (64-bit), attempting to use a Sony DUALSHOCK 3 SIXAXIS (Model No. CECHZC2E) connected via USB Cable through the MotioninJoy Gamepad tool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: PS3 Controller won't work with v0.9.8
I'd recommend using Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper/driver for PS3 controllers, over MotionInJoy.

But at any rate, if you don't want to switch, make sure your PS3 controller is the one selected for use with "legacy" programs:
Open control panel, and in the search box, type in "USB game" without the quotes. The results should have a link to "Set up USB game controllers", so go ahead and click that. Click "Advanced...", and make sure the preferred device is your PS3 controller.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
04-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, I just tried Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper/driver and it has effectively bricked my controller. It will run fine during the controller test through the application but otherwise cannot be used at all on my computer and is now unrecognizable to my PlayStation 3, even after re-calibrating the controller.

I'll take my controller in to get it fixed if possible, and then I'll try your other suggestion.
04-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Weird bricked ps3 controller , before you pair with pc or your ps3 make sure reset the controller using pin in the back

Experimenting with adhoc over internet system through Amultios custom ppsspp fork, find me in game

Monster Hunter Freedom : Lucis
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : Lucis
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd: Lucis
04-11-2014, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 04:24 PM by TheDax.)
I'm sorry to hear that it ended up causing you difficulties. Does it still work if you reconnect it to your PS3 or PC using the USB cord? Try holding down the little reset button on the back of it as well. How were you trying to connect it? Via Bluetooth? I do have to admit I've not tried using it via Bluetooth. I've always used his driver over USB.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
04-12-2014, 02:19 AM
I have reset the controller using a pin on the back, and besides a brief flickering of the lights, the controller didn't connect to my PS3. Attempting to connect it via USB to my PS3 also yields the same results. It won't even charge the controller. I tried Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper/driver through USB connection.
04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
(04-11-2014 02:55 AM)TheDax Wrote:  But at any rate, if you don't want to switch, make sure your PS3 controller is the one selected for use with "legacy" programs:
Open control panel, and in the search box, type in "USB game" without the quotes. The results should have a link to "Set up USB game controllers", so go ahead and click that. Click "Advanced...", and make sure the preferred device is your PS3 controller.

thanks for your suggestion, "selected for use with "legacy" programs"
make my Hori PS3 pad3 wireless controller work with ppsspp.
Now I don't need to use the x360ce on ppsspp.

I just not understand why my Hori PS3 dead or alive Arcade stick no need this step to work with ppsspp natively.
04-15-2014, 06:03 PM
(04-12-2014 02:19 AM)KylJak Wrote:  I have reset the controller using a pin on the back, and besides a brief flickering of the lights, the controller didn't connect to my PS3. Attempting to connect it via USB to my PS3 also yields the same results. It won't even charge the controller. I tried Scarlet.Crush's XInput Wrapper/driver through USB connection.

Did you ever find a solution for your problem? Is your PS3 controller one made officially by Sony? Just trying to think of what else to try.