Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
External Controller
04-09-2014, 07:33 PM
External Controller
Hey everyone,
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, I just joined today. I recently started using ppsspp, and today I tried using my steelseries dual shock controller and I found that my buttons on the right work fine, but when I try to map my d-pad the directions won't map. Any suggestions? Again sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or if this has already been posted
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: External Controller
(04-09-2014 07:33 PM)Reyno06 Wrote:  Hey everyone,
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, I just joined today. I recently started using ppsspp, and today I tried using my steelseries dual shock controller and I found that my buttons on the right work fine, but when I try to map my d-pad the directions won't map. Any suggestions? Again sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place or if this has already been posted

I don't know how many kinds of controller there is out there at the moment but I am using the very first analog dual shock controller (read PS1). I hooked it up with a ps1-male 2.0 usb then a female 2.0 usb-micro usb to my S3. Mapped it while having "analog" turned on (red light is on) and it worked. If analog is turned off I have a hard time moving characters in-game.

Advantages:
1. micro usb-female 2.0 usb works great for other usb devices.
2. dat feeling of the very first few controllers
3. cheaper than ps2/3 controllers
Dis:
1. HEAVY. nuf said.
2. costs around 5USD for that ps1-male 2.0 usb
3. wires,Wires,WIRES!
4. bulky

Again, I don't know what kind of controller you have but if the functions are the same then this might really help.
I'm new here but hope this helps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply