Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Windows XP support officialy ends today.
04-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Windows XP support officialy ends today.
Microsoft drops support for it's decade-old OS today. To those who are still on XP, I might suggest that you give yourself a favor and update to a more recent release due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Bye-bye XP, it's been a long journey.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 @1.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 06:51 PM by GuenosNoLife.)
RE: Windows XP support officialy ends today.
It's my best OS ever, my old computer I will never change system because I love XP and I have only 448 mb RAM 64 Mb video of card Smile

Windows 7 is little bad (my computer now, a pc gaming), Windows 8 or 8.1 is so bad I will never buy or update.
I don't want Tactil, Windows Store, Skype, Etc... They programm's are stupid!

I use Windows only for Internet and STEAM (playing) no want a lot programm unnecessary.

Modern Interface is horrible!

XP will never R.I.P, Classic is ever better than Modern Smile

Primary Computer: [CPU] i5 2500, [CG] GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, W7 x64
Second Laptop: [CPU] Intel Atom N270, 1 GB RAM, WinXP SP3
Phone: ZenFone 2 ZE550ML
04-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Well said. Vista ftw though. You should try it. Anything's better than win8

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 01:28 AM
So guys which os works better on ppsspp win7 or win8.1 or no difference?

specs: win xp 32bit service pack 3 nvidia GT630 2048mb ram graphics card, dual core 3.0GHz 2gb ram pc user
04-09-2014, 02:14 AM
Judging by the recent influx of Windows 8/8.1 threads not having much success, I'd guess 7. I don't have Windows 8 or 8.1 though, so it'd be interesting to hear about Windows 8/8.1 success stories.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
04-09-2014, 04:09 AM
Windows 7 should be the best for now since Windows 8.1 (Not Windows 8 tho, its already long gone unless someone forgets to update it :o) is still in its early years and probably not every Windows XP user are able to adapt with the big change in Windows 8.1.

@Obi55 don't you know that Windows 7 is actually based on Windows Vista? Windows 8/8.1 did start from scratch tho.

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
04-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I have a PC with Vista and a laptop with 7, and I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 06:34 PM
(04-09-2014 06:11 PM)Obi55 Wrote:  I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

wat? vista and 7 looks nearly the same (and 7 is much better than vista)

PC Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6700 3.2 Ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
Geforce GTS 450 1 GB DDR3
Windows 7 x64
04-09-2014, 07:31 PM
(04-09-2014 06:34 PM)Nezarn Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 06:11 PM)Obi55 Wrote:  I'd rather use Vista, for its simplicity, and because it's basically HD winXP.

wat? vista and 7 looks nearly the same (and 7 is much better than vista)

Yep, Win 7 is a stripped down (Not feature-wise and more like bloat wise) Windows Vista. My old PC which was struggling with Vista ran great on 7.

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835
04-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Migrating my awesome windows xp 32bit to super-awesome windows 7 64bit. Sayonara XP Smile
04-10-2014, 12:07 AM
>due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Pfft. Bwahahaha !
When did something like that ever matter ? Are there actually people in the world who thought "oh no, now Microsoft wont release any more security update, tomorrow i will be swarmed with thousands of viruses !!!"
Are there really silly people like that ?
Do viruses still exist even ? I used to be paranoid about security, but now it's been nearly a decade since i last used antivirus software, and anything more than the simplest firewall available, and nothing bad ever happened.
04-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Viruses definitely still exist, as do security holes. These are not ancient old wives' tales.

In fact, OpenSSL had a major security hole very recently (called Heartbleed.) Sure is a good thing people still care about it, or bank accounts would be getting hacked left and right.

The last time I saw someone with a virus on their computer was like a couple months ago. The last time I had one, neither of the digits in my age were the same as they are now. But then, I haven't gone without a virus scanner in that long either. I think my virus scanner picked something up like 2-3 years ago last.

-[Unknown]
04-10-2014, 07:08 AM
I just re-installed XP on my PC. Smile
04-11-2014, 02:46 AM
I'm really sad for the news.. But you know ,, XP is a LEGENDARY .. XP will never DIES !!! It will never DIES !!!!!! Big Grin

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S4
Console : Playstion Vita
PSN ID : Merivex95<<<[Add me!]
04-11-2014, 12:47 PM
(04-10-2014 12:07 AM)karry299 Wrote:  >due to the fact that Windows XP won't be that secure anymore.

Pfft. Bwahahaha !
When did something like that ever matter ? Are there actually people in the world who thought "oh no, now Microsoft wont release any more security update, tomorrow i will be swarmed with thousands of viruses !!!"
Are there really silly people like that ?
Do viruses still exist even ? I used to be paranoid about security, but now it's been nearly a decade since i last used antivirus software, and anything more than the simplest firewall available, and nothing bad ever happened.

If you're spending real money in your computer/use or manage bank accounts online/manages your business via your computer, Then you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to your rig.

Unless you don't browse the web nor have internet in your XP-equiped rig then you would be safe (excluding people that have physical access to your rig that may do bad things to it).

Ryzen 5 1600 @3.8Ghz
Nokia 8 - Snapdragon 835