Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the turbo button fire rate adjustable?
04-08-2014, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:26 AM by TheDax.)
Is the turbo button fire rate adjustable?
I don't mean the button that surpasses the frame limit, i mean a mode that will allow you to just hold a button down instead of having to keep pressing it. it would really help in button mashing segments of certain games like the torture chamber in mgs pw and clashing in dbz tenkaichi tag team.

Mod edit: was previously "Is there a turbo button mode?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Is there a turbo button mode?
The the controller settings,look for Rapid-Fire...it's the shift key by default
You just hold the rapid-fire key and the X key for example and it will repeatedly send the X key

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-08-2014, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 12:45 AM by sandbox242.)
(04-08-2014 12:36 AM)vsub_ Wrote:  The the controller settings,look for Rapid-Fire...it's the shift key by default
You just hold the rapid-fire key and the X key for example and it will repeatedly send the X key

thank you. i'm gonna try it out right now.
[edit] is there a way to make the rapid fire faster?
04-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Currently no, unless you modify the code and build your own PPSSPP. I thought it was already really quite fast though...
04-08-2014, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014 11:29 AM by sandbox242.)
(04-08-2014 10:02 AM)Henrik Wrote:  Currently no, unless you modify the code and build your own PPSSPP. I thought it was already really quite fast though...
not fast enough for the torture chamber. does having rapid fire plus another button assigned to the same button help? so like i could be holding down triangle on a controller and mashing W on the keyboard at the same time. i tried it but i couldn't tell if it was working or not. i actually have 4 buttons assigned to triangle to help with the button mashing on torture chamber. i was able to get past it once but i can't seem to do it again.
04-09-2014, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 02:26 AM by TheDax.)
I don't think it'd be unreasonable to have an option or an ini tweakable option to let the user adjust it. I'll move this to Development so we don't lose track of it. Also renamed so we have a better idea of what's being requested when skimming topics.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
04-09-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: Is the turbo button fire rate adjustable?
For anyone that wants to know where this is implemented it's here:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/blob/...l.cpp#L107
(emuRapidFireFrames % 10) < 5
means that it holds it down for 5 frames and then releases it for 5 frames
04-09-2014, 04:14 AM
(04-09-2014 02:25 AM)TheDax Wrote:  I don't think it'd be unreasonable to have an option or an ini tweakable option to let the user adjust it. I'll move this to Development so we don't lose track of it. Also renamed so we have a better idea of what's being requested when skimming topics.

Cool. i actually was just able to get past the torture chamber a couple hours ago but it's still really difficult and took multiple attempts so being able to use rapid fire for it would really help.
04-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Could there be a turbo function on android?

Catch me if you can't catch me if you can't Cats are nice.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2015, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 06:16 PM by 2486betta.)
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have the same problem, I'm playing Dissidia, and as far as I see, the rapid-fire is very slow, even my own pressing is more than twice faster than the rapid-fire, but I'm playing on a portable PC keyboard so I don't want to break the buttons, I still don't understand, how can I make it faster???
09-11-2015, 06:19 PM
it has been a whole mounth and no answers? wow.