Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
10-21-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 05:24 PM by drbretto.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
From my experience, don't use the shaders on WOTL. It's just not a good candidate for most of them anyway. There's not much that can be done to increase the quality besides upping the internal resolution to smooth out the edges. It has texture upscaling but at this time it bogs down the damage preview window too much to bother.

I'm certainly not complaining. This game runs very, very well right now. My only request, if it's not too much to ask someone, could someone point me to some kind of guide on getting the networking to work? If not, I think between myself and a friend of mine who knows a hell of a lot more than I do, we will figure it out, but if there's a nice step-by-step guide out there, it would be immensely helpful.

Edit: We're using hamachi, we've gone that far. Entered the ip's and everything and it SEEMS like it might be workign fine on her end, but on mine, when you try to join or host a game, it times out in about 30 seconds, while on hers it just sits around waiting for me to maybe connect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Sad RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(10-21-2014 05:16 PM)drbretto Wrote:  My only request, if it's not too much to ask someone, could someone point me to some kind of guide on getting the networking to work? If not, I think between myself and a friend of mine who knows a hell of a lot more than I do, we will figure it out, but if there's a nice step-by-step guide out there, it would be immensely helpful.

Edit: We're using hamachi, we've gone that far. Entered the ip's and everything and it SEEMS like it might be workign fine on her end, but on mine, when you try to join or host a game, it times out in about 30 seconds, while on hers it just sits around waiting for me to maybe connect.

I'm in the same place. I've tried now with versions:
0.9.8-2413-g02a2611
0.9.9-45-gda8a33f (AdamN)
0.9.9.1 (latest official)

I've disabled basically all the bells and whistles, turning off Simulate Block Transfer, Frameskipping, Mipmapping, Hardware Transform, Software Transform, Fast Memory, Multithreaded, IO on Thread, Force Real Clock, Cheats, yadda yadda.

I gave each PPSSPP instance a different MAC address and nickname. They're running on the same network so there's no routing trouble. They can ping one another fine.

Every time I try, the AdHocServer console reads the same thing:

New connection from 192.168.56.1.
HostPSP (MAC: 01:CC:E8:8C:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.1) started playing ULUS10297.
HostPSP (MAC: 01:CC:E8:8C:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.1) joined ULUS10297 group 8c6772cb.
New connection from 192.168.56.101.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) started playing ULUS10297.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) requested information on 1 ULUS10297 groups.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) requested information on 1 ULUS10297 groups.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) joined ULUS10297 group 8c6772cb.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) left ULUS10297 group 8c6772cb.
JoinPSP (MAC: C6:3F:19:EA:CF:C4 - IP: 192.168.56.101) stopped playing ULUS10297.

I can play Dissidia 012 and Soul Calibur Broken Destiny just fine, but FFT:WOTL just sits trying to find a partner until it times out.
11-16-2014, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 08:47 PM by Ranger Fantasma.)
Hello guys.

Yesterday I was thinking about FFT:WotL and decided to search about the status of the actual emulation of PSP. The last time that I've heard about PPSSPP, it was in 0.5 version. My computer isn't very good for heavy things, so, as I couldn't emulate any game at all, I thought that was impossible for me to play PSP on PC.

Well, maybe it isn't. I've read all the 33 pages of this topic yesterday and decided to try the game using the last version of the PPSSPP. Unfortunately, I have two problems that were mentioned here, but none of the sugested solutions worked:

1) On PC, the games shows a black screen after the first FMV (sometimes even before) when I press start. Although I can still hear the sound of the choices that I make in the game, the screen remains black. I tried changing all the possible settings according to what has been discussed here, but... nothing changed at all. Sometimes a change of option actually fixes the black screen, just for, some seconds after, showing the problem again. This includes trying to turn on and off the buffered rendering. Sad Somes times both options fix the problem for some seconds and sometimes they do nothing at all.

2) On Android, I can't see the FMV. It's in this moment that the black screen appears. Then I press start twice and begin a new game, the image turning normal again, but with the pixelated problem related some pages before. In my case, after the second FMV (that I can't see as well), the games becomes very buggy. The monastery doesn't show at all, and the characters appear to float at the black screen, haha. Big Grin

So I ask you guys for help. What are the known best settings to emulate FFT on PPSSPP, and what version is known to run it better? The same for the android app.

Thanks in advance, I hope I'm not asking too much.
11-16-2014, 11:12 PM
What region of the game are you using? I'm using the US version and haven't had those problems. I pulled my copy directly from my disc, so I know it's a clean copy.

Have you tried loading an existing save game?

I would use the latest git build.

-[Unknown]
11-28-2014, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 01:45 AM by harachi.)
im really curious about something, i see fft war of the lions on another website, it say need 200mb storage, and i see in app store, there a same game is more than 200mb, which one is correct?
and is there any update for this game? or just the same with the first time the game release?
i see many post about slowdown removal patch, for what? i thought my fft is fine.

i make the id just for ask this question in this forum.. lol
sorry for my bad english
12-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Is there any way to slightly improve the graphics in this game? I am using the latest version of PPSSPP for Windows, and I tried a few different options but none seem to really help. All the characters look pretty pixelated and sprite-ish and in addition the text shadings , such as whether or not you know a certain job ability, are difficult even to tell apart somewhat. Also there is a black screen during some world map menus.
02-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Heyo, I'm kinda new to PPSSPP, but thus far it's been working wonders for me.

Though I've run into an irksome thing: In FFT:WotL, when an action calls for a comparison of stats to occur, like when confirming a target of an attack, the framerate drops like a rock. It appears to also occur when a loading transition happens.

I'm on PPSSPP v1.0, on Windows 7 64bit.
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Make sure you're not using texture filtering. Note that the original game on actual PSPs had framerate issues and there's a patch floating around that improves them.

-[Unknown]
02-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Do you also know what causes the world map screen to be black instead of displaying?
02-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Hmm, are you sure you're using "buffered rendering"? You may also need "simulate block transfers" enabled.

I'm not sure what else would cause it to be entirely black. If it still happens, you might try resetting to default settings.

-[Unknown]
02-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Enabling the block transfers helped with the world map, but I was unable to find a patch for the framerate drops when actions or loads happen that I could make use of. I'll probably just tough it out, since it's merely an annoyance and not a game breaker.

Thanks for your help, though.
02-21-2015, 03:08 AM
Well, I'm thinking of this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465744

https://www.google.com/search?q=war+of+t...down+patch

-[Unknown]
02-23-2015, 01:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 01:18 AM by kturcotte.)
Patch Final Fantasy Tactics
Is there anyway to apply a patch to Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions on my PC? This here is what I'm refering to: romhacking.net/hacks/979/ I have the iso saved on my hard drive, and the patch, just not sure what to do. I used the method they suggested, but now my game/iso won't load, and just causes PPSSPP to crash (Version 1.0).
02-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-23-2015, 06:12 PM
About the patch, make sure to have applied the correct patch, there's a patch for the US version and a patch for the Europe version of the game, applying the patch that do not correspond to your version is only making the game unable to load.

This one is for the Europe version :
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topi...#msg180551

This one should be for the US version :
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topi...#msg191230