Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
11-16-2014, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2014 08:47 PM by Ranger Fantasma.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Hello guys.

Yesterday I was thinking about FFT:WotL and decided to search about the status of the actual emulation of PSP. The last time that I've heard about PPSSPP, it was in 0.5 version. My computer isn't very good for heavy things, so, as I couldn't emulate any game at all, I thought that was impossible for me to play PSP on PC.

Well, maybe it isn't. I've read all the 33 pages of this topic yesterday and decided to try the game using the last version of the PPSSPP. Unfortunately, I have two problems that were mentioned here, but none of the sugested solutions worked:

1) On PC, the games shows a black screen after the first FMV (sometimes even before) when I press start. Although I can still hear the sound of the choices that I make in the game, the screen remains black. I tried changing all the possible settings according to what has been discussed here, but... nothing changed at all. Sometimes a change of option actually fixes the black screen, just for, some seconds after, showing the problem again. This includes trying to turn on and off the buffered rendering. Sad Somes times both options fix the problem for some seconds and sometimes they do nothing at all.

2) On Android, I can't see the FMV. It's in this moment that the black screen appears. Then I press start twice and begin a new game, the image turning normal again, but with the pixelated problem related some pages before. In my case, after the second FMV (that I can't see as well), the games becomes very buggy. The monastery doesn't show at all, and the characters appear to float at the black screen, haha. Big Grin

So I ask you guys for help. What are the known best settings to emulate FFT on PPSSPP, and what version is known to run it better? The same for the android app.

Thanks in advance, I hope I'm not asking too much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands - R.MoLL - 12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - Ranger Fantasma - 11-16-2014 08:41 PM
Final Fantasy tatics - bladirangu - 01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
problem - smokenzombie - 07-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Applying Patches - Mauriciofsantana - 10-09-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: Applying Patches - vnctdj - 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Patch Final Fantasy Tactics - kturcotte - 02-23-2015, 01:09 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics 15 FPS - wuusup - 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
final fantasy war of lions - hi3241 - 06-06-2017, 04:23 AM