Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
05-17-2014, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2014 02:24 PM by vardahoth.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(05-11-2014 06:24 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Merged.

What kind of answer is this?

I found something interesting:

hxxp://report.ppsspp.org/logs/game/ULUS10297_1.00

Looks like it's still being worked on?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2014, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 06:47 AM by TheDax.)
It's not an answer so much as he's making a post that will show up under "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts", so the poster from the merged thread doesn't think his stuff got deleted, so he can find it.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
05-18-2014, 04:31 PM
TheDax explained it well Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-20-2014, 06:51 AM
(04-07-2014 03:19 PM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  Played completely through on Android 0.9.8-238-gd8df88b.

Map screen still goes black when pulling up menu. Sound quality is scratchy. Perfectly playable other than that.

Using the speedup patch with buffered rendering,frameskip 3-5, and auto frameskip.

Dude, you rock. This works for me. Using Samsung Galaxy S3. Damn thing wouln't even let me into the first battle before I changed the settings as you recommended. I'm brand new to this, but if it helps anyone, I also have Texture filtering: Linear, Audio off (doesn't work on my phone anyways), and fast memory (unstable) UNchecked, rendering resolution Auto 1:1). Hopefully it continues to work.
05-23-2014, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2014 04:42 PM by Larkas.)
Hey guys, do you know of any hacks that can be used to make the game run smoothly with some kind of upscaling going? I'm trying Hybrid + Bicubic, but Hybrid, Bicubic and xBRZ have the same problem: the game slows down to almost a halt every time a character is to take any action, or when a thunder strikes before the first battle. Mind, this is not the regular slowdown experienced in the game (I've solved that already), it is a slowdown experienced only when I select any kind of upscaling. When running the game with upscaling turned off, it runs very smoothly. Any ideas?
05-24-2014, 05:52 AM
Theres both a USA and EUR patch for the slowdown but I haven't found a fix for the sound
05-25-2014, 06:01 PM
As I said, I solved the regular slowdown. The one I'm talking about is caused by using upscaling.
06-01-2014, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2014 03:35 AM by Mingan.)
Hey, longtime lurker here, just wanted to share my PPSSPP experience! I'm currently running it on a Samsung SMT3100GNYXAR, known more commonly as the Galaxy 3. I tried playing FFT:WOTL a year ago but had the "stuck in black screen" crash while loading the world map after the Gariland battle. Sound and video quality back then was a bit rough as well. Now I'm running the most recent version of PPSSPP, same device, un-modded/patched USA ISO of FFT:WOTL, and so far it's pretty decent. The audio/video quality is good in the FMVs, decent in battle (yeah, there's a bit of slowdown/graininess during spellcasting, but I find it gives the game that "playing on a 90s TV with the PS nostalgia" quality, isn't big enough of an issue for me to try one of the ISO patches). I have noticed that "world map layers" bug that some others have mentioned in their posts, where if you bring up any menu in the world map it temporarily blacks it out. Not a big deal as you can still move to/interact with nodes without any problem. Anyways, taking my time and playing through, enjoying the game, look forward to testing out multiplayer/network features eventually! Thanks PPSSPP!
06-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Sound effect problem in FFT war of the lions
For the first, Big thanks for ppsspp it's awesome!!

But for the latest v.0.9.8 ,I've got problem with sound effect in
FFT war of the lions.

While i playing the game for a while it's sound effect

had got problem such as sound of sword , magic included menu chosen sound.

But BGM sound is fine. I tried to reload many save states, it work for while but at last there's problem again .

For previous v. didn't have this problem.I play this game on Windows 8.1 64bit

How can i resolve this? Thanks.
06-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-08-2014, 07:16 PM
Ok...... So I have the emulator (PPSSPP) and the ISO (fftwotl). ALL I WANT is a tutorial on how to apply the slowdown fix. like seriously everyone just sends me to the ffthacktics site for the fix. but i DONT HAVE A PSP. i have a computer with an emulator. no psp. Like seriously how do you put the CFW on the emulator so i can fix it. please someone just send me a DL with one already patched or please tell me exactly how to fix this ive been trying for days. All people say is " apply the slowdown fix" and ive tried many times. please Help.
06-08-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 10:28 PM by barbanium.)
(06-08-2014 07:16 PM)Naggarich Wrote:  Ok...... So I have the emulator (PPSSPP) and the ISO (fftwotl). ALL I WANT is a tutorial on how to apply the slowdown fix. like seriously everyone just sends me to the ffthacktics site for the fix. but i DONT HAVE A PSP. i have a computer with an emulator. no psp. Like seriously how do you put the CFW on the emulator so i can fix it. please someone just send me a DL with one already patched or please tell me exactly how to fix this ive been trying for days. All people say is " apply the slowdown fix" and ive tried many times. please Help.

Give me a second. I'll type the tutorial in this post. Wait for me to edit this. Big Grin

EDIT: I'll just type it on a new post.

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-08-2014, 10:01 PM
(06-08-2014 09:06 PM)barbanium Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 07:16 PM)Naggarich Wrote:  Ok...... So I have the emulator (PPSSPP) and the ISO (fftwotl). ALL I WANT is a tutorial on how to apply the slowdown fix. like seriously everyone just sends me to the ffthacktics site for the fix. but i DONT HAVE A PSP. i have a computer with an emulator. no psp. Like seriously how do you put the CFW on the emulator so i can fix it. please someone just send me a DL with one already patched or please tell me exactly how to fix this ive been trying for days. All people say is " apply the slowdown fix" and ive tried many times. please Help.

Give me a second. I'll type the tutorial in this post. Wait for me to edit this. Big Grin

Thankyou so much
06-08-2014, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 02:46 PM by barbanium.)
[Tutorial] How to patch FFT: WOTL to fix slowdowns (PSP NOT NEEDED!)
This is a tutorial on how to fix slowdowns on FFT: WOTL ISO which DOESN'T require the use of any CFW plug-ins or an actual PSP.
(Perfect for PPSSPP users who don't own a PSP anymore.) Big Grin

NOTE: I could easily provide a download link for the actual patched ISO, but even if I legally own that ISO, I think it's still against this forums' rules. Smile

Alright! Now, the tutorial.
You have two options, the practical solution and the patched game solution.

PRACTICAL SOLUTION:

REQUIREMENT:
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions [ULUS-10297] or [ULES-00850] ISO
    (that's it!) Big Grin
PROCEDURE:

1) Go to PPSSPP>Game Settings>Control Mapping...

2) Assign a control input to "Unthrottle."

3) In-game, whenever the slowdown starts , press that control input to hasten the game.

DONE!

PATCHED GAME SOLUTION:

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions [ULUS-10297] or [ULES-00850] ISO
  • FFT WOTL [US] slowdown fix.ppf for [ULUS-10297] or FFT WOTL [EU] slowdown fix.ppf for [ULES-00850]
  • PPF-O-Matic
PROCEDURE:

1) Download the appropriate patch according to your game's region: (These download links are from my own MediaFire account due to ffhacktics site being inaccessible at the moment.)
(Maybe their site is down permanently, idk!) Smile
Unzip the downloaded file.

2) Download PPF-O-Matic from this site: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/356/
Click "Download File Now" to download it.
(Or download it from my MediaFire account here.)
Unzip the downloaded file.

3) Locate your ripped FFT: WOTL ISO file and make a backup copy.
Right-click the ISO file, click Properties, then uncheck the checkbox for "Read-only" under "Attributes."
(We want it to be a NOT read-only file.)

4) Open the unzipped downloaded folder of PPF-O-Matic, then run "ppf-o-matic3.exe."
Click the floppy disk icon to the right of "ISO File" then locate your FFT: WOTL ISO file.
(The one that's NOT read-only, NOT the backup.)

5) Click the floppy disk icon to the right of "Patch" then locate the downloaded "FFT WOTL slowdown fix.ppf."
Click "Apply."
Close "ppf-o-matic3.exe."

6) Open PPSSPP then load the patched ISO file.
IMPORTANT:
When you load the patched ISO for the first time, make sure you load a save file IN-GAME (or start a new game if you don't have a save file) and DON'T load a save state instead.
After that, you can use save states again. Smile
There shouldn't be any slowdowns when the casting animation starts.

DONE!

If ever you messed up any of the steps above or the patching method doesn't work for you, delete the patched ISO and just play the backup ISO with the PRACTICAL SOLUTION.

I hope this helps! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
06-09-2014, 04:06 AM
NOw im getting a black screen when i start it up.