Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(04-02-2014 08:20 AM)tet666 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:36 PM)BloodyBonzai Wrote:  Tried the game out on version 0.9.8.
My fps would drop to 15 if a character throws a rock or just about any special attack.
This happened whether I had settings at default except 5x native resolution and vsync on, or if I had 1x native, vsync on, and all speed hacks on.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
i7-860 2.8Ghz OC'd @ 3.8Ghz
2x2GB PC1600 DDR3
GTX275 1792MB

Have you applied the magic slowdown fix patch? hxxp://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.0 the one the first page is for eu version there is one for the na version too at the last page in this thread. The game also doesn't like texture scaling but it doesn't sound like that is your issue cause it would be even slower then.

I still have an issue with menus sometimes overlapping each other. Also, screens when they change. I'm thinking video layer memory leaks.

Also, if I use fraps to record, it slows down like crazy anytime the background screen moves or changes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 06:36 AM by BloodyBonzai.)
(04-02-2014 08:20 AM)tet666 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 11:36 PM)BloodyBonzai Wrote:  Tried the game out on version 0.9.8.
My fps would drop to 15 if a character throws a rock or just about any special attack.
This happened whether I had settings at default except 5x native resolution and vsync on, or if I had 1x native, vsync on, and all speed hacks on.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
i7-860 2.8Ghz OC'd @ 3.8Ghz
2x2GB PC1600 DDR3
GTX275 1792MB

Have you applied the magic slowdown fix patch? hxxp://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9208.0 the one the first page is for eu version there is one for the na version too at the last page in this thread. The game also doesn't like texture scaling but it doesn't sound like that is your issue cause it would be even slower then.
Didnt work. Tried with PPF O Matic 3
04-03-2014, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 06:29 AM by vardahoth.)
This is what I mean by menu's overlapping eachother:
hxxp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/GFXError9MenuOverlaping_zps85a4d9f9.png
This should show the mystic skill names, but instead it is showing the job skill names because that is what was on the previous menu.
This happens during battle menu's too. Error can be reproduced if you leave a menu idle for about 20 seconds or longer, than select an item in the menu that goes into a sub menu.

Here is another bug that happens after exiting "Party Roster" back into the world map menu:
hxxp://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o21/xXxghaleonxXx/a51aa614-6cf9-43c7-a69b-9e3041f0a725_zps67ebf83e.png
Error can be reproduced by entering and exiting Party Roster.

P.S. Are any devs reading this?
04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
So everyone's past the main menu and are already in-game?
I'm on PC 0.9.8 (latest build) yet I still can't get past that black screen (after intro, main menu, sounds are playing fine even with the black screen).
Anybody with a workaround for this?
04-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Information RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(04-05-2014 01:33 PM)anon156 Wrote:  So everyone's past the main menu and are already in-game?
I'm on PC 0.9.8 (latest build) yet I still can't get past that black screen (after intro, main menu, sounds are playing fine even with the black screen).
Anybody with a workaround for this?
Have you tried the latest Beta which is at: v0.9.8-249-g8a440f9

Found here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php

Hope that helps my friend. Cool
04-07-2014, 08:27 AM
@vardahoth

Anything but buffered rendering produces a black screen in android, 9.8, so sadly, I can't fix the black menu screen on the world map :/. I have had a few more of your problems too. Hopefully a dev can unearth this soon!
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Played completely through on Android 0.9.8-238-gd8df88b.

Map screen still goes black when pulling up menu. Sound quality is scratchy. Perfectly playable other than that.

Using the speedup patch with buffered rendering,frameskip 3-5, and auto frameskip.
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 08:55 AM by ickii.)
Anyone else got black screen like, you're on World Map then you access the menu, the screen goes black but you can still see the menus. It's a very minor problem but it just bugs me off.

Edit: apparently the poster above has the same problem.
04-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah, we have been talking about it for a while. It really bugs me haha

I have no idea how the emulator is coded or how psp works really, but from what I gather, I think it may be related to how the emulator layers things. A similar thing happens in all of the yugioh tag force games, where picked up cards are invisible. I think the same thing happens here. When the menu is brought up, ppsspp can't render both layers, so it prioritizes the menu (thankfully not the other way around), and it looks like the map goes transparent (and reveals black background behind the game?).

It's something to do with how the emulator works, as it also happens in the yugioh games. Also, vardahoth brought up a lot of other menu issues. So maybe analyzing how the emulator renders menus can help fix it.
04-22-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm curious to know what everyone's best settings are for this game? I run it on Android 4.4. I use the slowdown-removal patch and everything but the game still seems a little choppy during certain battle sequences.
04-25-2014, 03:17 AM
Sadly, even though this is one of the few games I actually own the physical disc for (I sware to god on this), after the intro movie when you start a new game, the screen remains black and it'd seem that the game has crashed as PPSSPP won't even let me use Left Trigger/L2 (I use a PS3 controller via DS tool) to open up the menu.

Using PPSSPP nightly v0.9.8-500gb0e97a0. Black screen/crash happens after first intro after you name the main character and set your birthday.

anyone know whats going on here? Games like Ys 3 : oath of Falighana, DIsgaea 1, and Disgaea 2 work just fine for me. Im already on Chapter 8 of Disgaea where the prinnies disappear.

Sadly I still havent even finished FFT for the PS one, I got scared at the end with the zodiacs when I was a younge teen
04-25-2014, 03:56 PM
(04-22-2014 11:02 PM)Othoric Wrote:  I'm curious to know what everyone's best settings are for this game? I run it on Android 4.4. I use the slowdown-removal patch and everything but the game still seems a little choppy during certain battle sequences.

I use the slowdown reduction patch the defaults but frameskip auto 5. It can be a little choppy, but mainly just the sound. Luckily even with 5 frameskip the graphics aren't hindered much.
04-29-2014, 03:38 AM
Errr, I also have the black background screen but it doesn't really bother me much. Everything else is A-okay.

I'm just wondering, how would I be able to make the Rendezvous and the Melee options in-game work? I tried clicking on the "Enable Networking/WLAN" option and it kinda broke my game by hanging it (but not completely, just stuck at the point where you can't go back to the menu). I know it /may/ break games (I think it did for me), but I really want to play out these modes as I haven't done so when I still had my old PSP (no one else I knew played this awesome game...)
05-11-2014, 02:23 PM
FF Tactics WOTL crashing on my S3
I have downloaded PPSSPP specifically so I can play this game on my Galaxy S3, but every time I try to play it, it crashes at the exact same point, which is basically right after the first scene. I get this message that says "PPSSPP has stopped working" or something like that.

What is the problem? I tested the same game on someone else's S4 and it worked. Is the S3 not advanced enough to run this game or is it a problem with my phone in particular? Would the amount of space you have on your phone effect it? If so, how much space do you need?
05-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2