Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
12-25-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 12:40 PM by mister dean.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Im getting choppy audio during the intro. The game slows down during abilities. The sound is off sync during abilities. The sound effects are not accurate during abilities. Im playing on windows 8 with GTX 780 Ti.

EDIT) I found the slow down fix and the PPF-O-matic. I patched the iso and the slow down is gone. But the sound effects are still off. Anybody know how to fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Sad Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands
Looks like using White Mage's Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands (formely Zigolis Swamp) is not a good idea.

I saved a slot immediately before casting it and the game crashed every time I reload. Sometimes it crashes in other maps too, but when I reload it usually works.

I'm actually at Chapter II, at Goug Lowtown

I'm playing with:

Samsung Galaxy Note (NT7000)
Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
FFT Euro version

PPSSPP v.0.9.6.2
Audio disabled
Buffered rendering mode
Frameskipping auto
Postprocessing shader off
Stretch to display on
Mipmapping on
Rendering resolution auto (1:1)
Hardware transform on
Software skinning on
vertex cache on
upscale level auto
upscale type xBRZ
Anisotropic filtering off

actually, idk what every single one does, i just tested these configs and it's like that now.

any suggestions?
12-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Playing at 30fps on my laptop for fighting and 60 for cutscenes, not bad! I have the slowdown fix, works great. Windows 7 x64.

My only complaint is that sword slashes ... instead of a "CHIINNGG" sound that I recall being very satisfying, it's now just a "...boink" little 8-bit sound that surely isn't right.

Anyone have this issue? Or suggest how to resolve it?

Any "special" settings needed for wotl?
12-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey guys,

Thank you for having this forum up with all this useful information. I'm running version 0.9.6.2xxxx (I can't remember the full number) and I applied the slowdown fix. So far everything is running well but I am having 2 issues.

1. It appears that text can sometimes be delayed. What I mean is when I'm looking at my roster, and I scroll from one unit to another, the previous units text still shows up (Name, stats, etc) but if you wait for a couple seconds, it updates to the new unit. It's not a huge issue, but I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

2. This is probably the bigger issue, but for audio, I can tell that the sound is off. Instead of a lightning strike when using a spell, it sounds like a ringing sound...Almost as if it's just lower quality. The music seems to be fine, but it's all the sounds.

I recall the PSX version having this problem on the Playstation emulators. What fixed it was a different audio codec. It's been awhile so I can't remember which one.

Anyone know of a way to fix the sound and text problem? It seems like a couple folks above me are talking about the same sound issue.
12-30-2013, 09:34 PM
(12-26-2013 12:21 PM)R.MoLL Wrote:  Looks like using White Mage's Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands (formely Zigolis Swamp) is not a good idea.

I saved a slot immediately before casting it and the game crashed every time I reload. Sometimes it crashes in other maps too, but when I reload it usually works.

I'm actually at Chapter II, at Goug Lowtown

I'm playing with:

Samsung Galaxy Note (NT7000)
Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
FFT Euro version

PPSSPP v.0.9.6.2
Audio disabled
Buffered rendering mode
Frameskipping auto
Postprocessing shader off
Stretch to display on
Mipmapping on
Rendering resolution auto (1:1)
Hardware transform on
Software skinning on
vertex cache on
upscale level auto
upscale type xBRZ
Anisotropic filtering off

actually, idk what every single one does, i just tested these configs and it's like that now.

any suggestions?

Can you upload said savestate somewhere? Do you know if it crashes on Windows (savestates are cross platform)?

As for the sound effects... hmm, I wonder if it's still bad ADSR or if it's something else...

-[Unknown]
12-31-2013, 12:21 AM
(12-30-2013 09:34 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  As for the sound effects... hmm, I wonder if it's still bad ADSR or if it's something else...

-[Unknown]

So just to verify, you have normal sounds as they should be? I thought this could have been a problem across the board.

Also ADSR? I'll see if I can do some googling to figure out what that means. :-D
12-31-2013, 12:27 AM
No, but the sound effects used to be way worse.

ADSR - attack, decay, sustain, reduce. It's like the amplitude envelope. I'm not sure ours is correct as far as matching the PSP, but it used to be farther off.

-[Unknown]
01-01-2014, 09:14 AM
hi all, i just found this emulator days ago and eager to try it on android. tried playing fftwol but it seems to always crashed at the monastery scene ( before the battle it seems?). does this game needs a particular setting, btw im using the current official one with default setting. thank you for those who can help me. Cheers Smile
01-01-2014, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 09:32 AM by globe94.)
* maybe try the latest one first, then report again ?
* here's the link, just in case.. Big Grin
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 03:51 PM by lorenz0417.)
Guys need help on my FFT cant play well because the screen keep on going far then near I don't know what to do on the settings

i'm using Galaxy Y duos s6102, need help plz
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
I can now see the map and things play, albeit slowly, on Android v0.9.6-436-g8239500 but the screen goes black when you try to access the menu (you can see the menu options and some of the text appears in white). Also the character menu music is staticky.
01-17-2014, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014 04:25 PM by itsmrdean.)
(12-23-2013 12:49 PM)Pelador Wrote:  I actually put my texture filtering on high and surface format optimisation on. That seemed to fix it. Game runs pretty smooth too. Going to try leaving open GL triple buffering on now.

Could you provide a little more of a breakdown on what worked for you? I'm having the exact same problem (perfect intro cutscne, black screen after although there are sounds and can select unseen options). I've toggled with pretty much every one of the emulator's visual options, so I'm guessing it's a setting with my system (Windows 7 on old hardware). Thanks.
01-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Can't seem to play this with my device.
I'm using a Galaxy S2 I9100 with 4.4 custom rom.

Mine will run the game and bring it up to the intro video but when you click start after that, the screen goes black. When you press buttons though, you can here the sounds the game menu makes. It doesn't show anything though, just a black screen but you can hear the music and sounds. (Why must you tempt me so?!)

Any ideas for settings? I'm still a little bit confused with the PPSSPP settings.
01-18-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2014 09:27 AM by Goddess of Death.)
>>> hello again ! Big Grin

have u tried changing Rendering modes before playing the game?

if you value your life, Do not talk to me.. Or you will DiE !

I am a bad person.

shiiishiii //^_^/\
01-19-2014, 02:47 AM
The sound effects in-game are pretty bad here, is there any solotion for this?