Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
12-07-2013, 08:24 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(12-07-2013 07:42 AM)my5pam Wrote:  I'm running PPSSPP v0.9.5

Before the first battle the game is very glitchy and stalls as the camera pans out of the scene in Orbonne Monastery.

What settings do I need to apply to fix this?

Turn the Texture Upscale off and the Rendering Resolution to 1x. That usually fixes it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 08:38 AM
(12-07-2013 08:24 AM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  

Before the first battle the game is very glitchy and stalls as the camera pans out of the scene in Orbonne Monastery.

Turn the Texture Upscale off and the Rendering Resolution to 1x. That usually fixes it.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help. It still stalls as the camera pans out, though if I sit through the stall, it progresses to the battle. In the battle the animations and sound are not synced and there's more stalling/lag.
12-07-2013, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 04:40 PM by TheDax.)
If you're referring to the game slowing down when a spell or sword art is used (with your last bit about the animations), that's how the game was designed. Square Enix designed the game to slow down to 15 FPS or less when using spells. If you look further back in this thread, there was quite a bit of discussion about it.

Or are you referring to a different type of lag/slowdown that isn't related to that?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Hello there! This was the first game that I tried on my device (Samsung GT-P1000), and up until now, I haven't progressed even after the first battle-only reaching near the end of it before my device hangs. I'm experiencing random hangs and slowdowns (somewhat like my5pam's problem). Any suggestions?
12-12-2013, 11:54 AM
(12-07-2013 03:09 AM)Fizzy913 Wrote:  can anyone tell me how to set the game up? its too laggy and it freezes Sad please help?

What device are you two playing on. If it's PC what graphic card do you have?
12-12-2013, 02:08 PM
using the v0.9.5-1073-g0bfe9db on Tegra 3 graphics I can get to the map screen but then it is black. The opening video and menu play fine. Is there a particular setting to check or uncheck to get this to appear?
12-15-2013, 12:17 AM
The Menus and Dialog boxes are sometimes glitchy.. but otherwise the game seems completely playable on 0.9.6.
12-15-2013, 03:26 AM
It seems that lion editor can actually be used without an actual psp.

here is how to do it:

Step 1: open ppsspp.ini (located in memstick/PSP/SYSTEM) then find and
set encryptsave to false.

Step 2: Play the game and create a save or load a saved game then save
it. close the emulator.

Step 3: Go to the save file directory
(memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULUS10297FFT0000) then rename
FFTA.sys to lioneditor.bin.

Step 4: Open lion editor (Get here: https://code.google.com/p/lioneditor/)
File -> open -> navigate to your save directory and open
lioneditor.bin then edit away. For an example let's pump Ramza's
PA and MA to 99 then File -> save. Close lion editor.

http://imgur.com/F0Z5ZKK

Step 5: Rename lioneditor.bin back to FFTA.sys
(you might have to uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" in folder options to do this)

Step 6: Open ppsspp, load your save then voila!

http://imgur.com/5BGPBx4

Hope this helps.
12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
(12-15-2013 03:26 AM)Turbulence76 Wrote:  It seems that lion editor can actually be used without an actual psp.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, it is working. I will use it to level up some underleveled characters.
12-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi, Guys! Firstly, I'm loving PPSSPP. My PSP got lost in the process of moving houses (*SADFACE*) so being able to play FFT again is one of the highlights of my days right about now.

Each build has gotten better and better; 0.96 barely stutters or glitches much (except for some of the text on the menus, but that's not a make-or-break deal). BUT.... Summoning Ramuh makes the game crash/quit. This has happened thrice so far on my Galaxy S3, and it's always when that build up of blue light is about to turn into lightning and strike the enemies. Any suggestions on whether that could be adjusted for in the Gfx settings?

Will try it later on my PC, just to see if it's the Android's performance ability, rather than something with the ppsspp architecture...
12-19-2013, 03:50 PM
UNPLAYABLE as of this posting:

It lets you view the intro then takes you to a black screen with only the sound of what's happening when you push buttons
12-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Touji666: Can you elaborate? Just saying it doesn't work doesn't mean a lot. What version of the emulator are you using? What sort of settings are you using? What OS or device are you on?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-20-2013, 06:01 AM
(12-19-2013 03:50 PM)touji666 Wrote:  UNPLAYABLE as of this posting:

It lets you view the intro then takes you to a black screen with only the sound of what's happening when you push buttons

I just checked and game works fine on PPSSPP 0.9.5, 0.9.6 (official) and on latest git build. So the emulator is not the problem.

You'll have to provide more information about your device. I would assume you're not using PC, but if you are give us your specs. Also which settings do you have enabled in the emulator?
12-22-2013, 03:37 AM
I am having the weirdest behavior (windows 32 version) while playing this game on the latest build 9.6.172- tho it happens on previous builds too.

note this issue does not occur in the rest of the gameplay, just on this:

In the Team Select screen before you begin a battle, the screen is frozen up, though you can hear the cursor being moved while trying to place people on tiles. Just the graphics lags. Sometimes you can see it move, but it's just really slow or non-refreshing? moving?

Anyway I went to check the Speed, so I turned on Show FPS Counter. Suddenly everything runs super smooth! No lag, runs perfect. If I turn Show FPS Counter off, the lag comes back.

So I can play it fine as long as Show FPS Counter is on, but because the behavior is so weird, I wanted to report it.
12-23-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2013 01:08 PM by Pelador.)
I also cannot play this. After the opening cutscene I have a black screen but I can still use the game menus if I press buttons on the controller. Not that I can see what I'm doing of course.

Using HD Radeon 6870 with an Intel i7 processor. Going to play with catalyst control options and see if that helps.

I actually put my texture filtering on high and surface format optimisation on. That seemed to fix it. Game runs pretty smooth too. Going to try leaving open GL triple buffering on now.