Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
11-19-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
I'm getting a black screen on the map and on the main screen after the intro video.

I'm using the latest Android build.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 01:25 PM
(11-12-2013 08:37 AM)BagusThanatos Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 09:04 PM)Krainz Wrote:  I still have this problem: http://i.imgur.com/6O7HJzC.jpg

And I can't load my savestates because they are from another version Sad

Do I have to start over again?

wait, save states or normal saves?
have you copied it into the memstick folder?
Yes, copied my memstick folder. My other games have been recognized, this one not.

(11-12-2013 01:12 AM)Squall Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 09:04 PM)Krainz Wrote:  I still have this problem: http://i.imgur.com/6O7HJzC.jpg

And I can't load my savestates because they are from another version Sad

Do I have to start over again?

Is it Linux? It may be a problem with file system permissions and the emulator failed to create the folder memstick.
Can you save in other games?

Windows. Yes, I can save in other games.
11-20-2013, 01:53 PM
If you remove the folder ULUS10297FFT0000 from memstick, will it work?

Some games have this problem when you load an old savestate after saving savedata in memstick.
11-20-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 10:48 PM by Krainz.)
It creates a new folder and then gives the same message, lol

OK, this is REALLY strange: I created another folder for the emulator, with everything pretty much clean except for the FFT save.

And BAM, it worked! But now this isn't really a solution because the old folder is still messy and I have all my other games there. I'm also working with symbolic links here (emulator on one HD, saves on another).

Any clues for what might be happening?

EDIT: Yup, apparently the problem is the symbolic link. And it only happens with this game, lol
11-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, i am having trouble with teaching my people abilities. For example,
Im trying to make a black mage. I have about 190JP for this character. the abilities are gray and when i select it to learn, nothing happens. Its not just this, i cant teach any abilities to any character. I dont know if its just something i need to know or do ingame, or if its just a glitch...help! screen shot attatched    
11-25-2013, 06:42 PM
I think the character has to be Chemist at Lv-2 to be able to be Black Mage.
11-25-2013, 08:19 PM
In addition to the job prerequisites, I seem to remember you had to actually switch the characters to the job you wanted to buy abilities in, though it's been ages since I've played, so I could be mistaken.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
11-26-2013, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 04:01 AM by CrimsonFangX.)
(11-25-2013 05:27 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  Hey guys, i am having trouble with teaching my people abilities. For example,
Im trying to make a black mage. I have about 190JP for this character. the abilities are gray and when i select it to learn, nothing happens. Its not just this, i cant teach any abilities to any character. I dont know if its just something i need to know or do ingame, or if its just a glitch...help! screen shot attatched
You have to press triangle, go to Abilities, Learn, then select the class you want.

(11-25-2013 06:42 PM)Squall Wrote:  I think the character has to be Chemist at Lv-2 to be able to be Black Mage.
The game unlocks classes when the prerequisites are met, therefore he is already level 2 as a Chemist.

(11-25-2013 08:19 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  In addition to the job prerequisites, I seem to remember you had to actually switch the characters to the job you wanted to buy abilities in, though it's been ages since I've played, so I could be mistaken.
Nah, you can learn them without switching.
11-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm using the latest version and the egg problem is happening there is any solution for it?
11-28-2013, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 10:24 PM by Squall.)
Did you download the latest development version?
http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/

I do not know if there is a new egg problem, because the eggs are too common now with me, but I do not know if it is expected in real PSP.
After I got my first chocobo and after a short time playing it, I found myself with 5 chocobos in different colors.
11-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Solved my problem thanks Big Grin
11-29-2013, 09:10 PM
(11-26-2013 04:00 AM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 08:19 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  In addition to the job prerequisites, I seem to remember you had to actually switch the characters to the job you wanted to buy abilities in, though it's been ages since I've played, so I could be mistaken.
Nah, you can learn them without switching.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I figured I was a bit off.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
(11-25-2013 05:27 PM)[email protected] Wrote:  Hey guys, i am having trouble with teaching my people abilities. For example,

This might be happening because you are pressing X twice at the character. This way u are only looking at his available Jobs.

To learn, press Triagle > Abilities > Learn, and then the abilities you are able to learn will not be gray.
12-07-2013, 03:09 AM
can anyone tell me how to set the game up? its too laggy and it freezes Sad please help?
12-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm running PPSSPP v0.9.5

Before the first battle the game is very glitchy and stalls as the camera pans out of the scene in Orbonne Monastery.

What settings do I need to apply to fix this?