Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Ok, getting a chance to play with it, but I can't find a way to map buttons for my controller. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't find the button mapping options anywhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 04:12 PM by TheDax.)
8.1-2(stable) has no key mapping. Get the latest dev build.

Or wait an hour or so for 0.9's release(virtually no difference though at the moment).

It'll be under Game settings >> Controls tab.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-20-2013, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 04:31 PM by drbretto.)
huh... weird. It used to have mapping options. Can't think oif a reason theyd be taken off but I'm sure it makes sense to someone who matters Tongue

Thanks for the link!

Wait, that's the link I got this one from. I'll just wait a bit though if you say there's going to be a bigger release soon.
08-20-2013, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 01:45 PM by TheDax.)
(Click/tap for full size):
[Image: iHcRtLeKHWYnd.jpg]

Are you sure you don't have it?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
08-20-2013, 04:39 PM
good god, I feel like an idiot...
08-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Don't feel bad, the UI has changed dramatically over the last 24 hours.

08-20-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2013 05:52 PM by Zaelin.)
On android when the world map loads I'm stuck with a black screen, with the latest git. anyone else getting this? I should add that the game isn't locked, just nothing is dislaying, but I can hear menu sounds and the BGM
08-20-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm just getting a black screen after the chocobo riding intro video. :/
08-21-2013, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 06:51 AM by alidor16.)
Forgive me if I missed a setting that is necessary to fix below problem:

Using the 9.1 update for android (currently running on samsung galaxy s4) on appstore - is playable with framerate steady around 20-30 in battle, but every now and then there will be glitching when changing menus for a short moment.

It shows a previous menu opened before, or crazy values for about two seconds, then refreshes to show the correct info. (Say you were looking at abilities on on chemist, switch to squire - shows chemist for a moment, or page of strange characters - then shows squire info).

This actually happens most at outfitters when you first enter the shop. Is this linked to rendering speed? Slightly harmless but visually very annoying.

Also, map finally shows and game no longer crashes! Amazing effort! However, it goes away when you press triangle to bring menu up - does not freeze, only background blackened, does not really break anything but probably unintentional.
08-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Is there a setting your using that I'm not? Our devices have different GPUs (mine is tegra 3) but the map screen is black for me. I've tried buffered, non buffered, to gpu, cpu, mipmapping, hardware transform, vertex cache, and nothing works in any combination to get the map to display.

(08-21-2013 03:43 AM)alidor16 Wrote:  Forgive me if I missed a setting that is necessary to fix below problem:

Using the 9.1 update for android (currently running on samsung galaxy s4) on appstore - is playable with framerate steady around 20-30 in battle, but every now and then there will be glitching when changing menus for a short moment.

It shows a previous menu opened before, or crazy values for about two seconds, then refreshes to show the correct info. (Say you were looking at abilities on on chemist, switch to squire - shows chemist for a moment, or page of strange characters - then shows squire info).

This actually happens most at outfitters when you first enter the shop. Is this linked to rendering speed? Slightly harmless but visually very annoying.

Also, map finally shows and game no longer crashes! Amazing effort! However, it goes away when you press triangle to bring menu up - does not freeze, only background blackened, does not really break anything but probably unintentional.
08-22-2013, 04:22 PM
As far as I can tell it is still best to have buffered on to do anything ingame, other two options just seem to slow down. I have everything turned off but hardware, jit, fast mem - frameskip is on auto, but thats not necessary.
08-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Must just be a tegra 3 issue. I'm using a tf300t as I said earlier, and nothing I do configuration wise influences the map screen displaying correctly.
08-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Finalfantasy tactic = now okay but if somebody choose resolution 5XAA its buggy atfirst its lag lag and then its make your pc lag need to close PPSSPP

plz somebody helpme

i want to use 5X scale
08-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone.

Totally go black screen with AMD Card 6750. please fix this when you are free. thanks.

ppsspp : 0.9.1

windows 7 64 bit
08-22-2013, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 10:10 PM by theonyxphoenix.)
I'm running a Tegra 3 device with the latest 0.9.1 build and I need to run with Buffered Rendering enabled. The intro video is a bit messed up. It looks as though it is zoomed in on a corner of the screen. Pressing start allows me to play the game normally. If I turn off BR then the intro screen appears as normal, but everything after that is black.

Let me zoom through the intro and see how the map screen shows up...