Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
08-07-2013, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 01:38 AM by Special.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
(08-06-2013 11:30 PM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  This patch? And you tried it on a freshly ripped USA ISO? Because it works fine for me.

ULUS10297. Here's a video, notice the FPS counter goes down to 30 during spells and skills instead of the usual 15.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqARKfvR96s

Yes that patch, and like I said the CRC's match with his, but after looking at your video that is exactly how mine was running, I have no idea why its called a slow down fix because as anyone can see the FPS in game goes all over the place from 60 to 30~.

I just assumed mine wasn't working as advertised because of the crazy fluctuation in FPS I was getting, but that seems like this is how everyone plays it? My god that's unplayable, wake me up when I can achieve a locked 60FPS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2013, 02:02 AM
(08-07-2013 01:36 AM)Special Wrote:  Yes that patch, and like I said the CRC's match with his, but after looking at your video that is exactly how mine was running, I have no idea why its called a slow down fix because as anyone can see the FPS in game goes all over the place from 60 to 30~.

I just assumed mine wasn't working as advertised because of the crazy fluctuation in FPS I was getting, but that seems like this is how everyone plays it? My god that's unplayable, wake me up when I can achieve a locked 60FPS.

You misunderstood the patch purpose, it's not a speed hack, it should fix a bug which cause a slowdown during casting spells animation, if you ever played the psx original version you would really notice the difference.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-07-2013, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 02:08 AM by CrimsonFangX.)
(08-07-2013 01:36 AM)Special Wrote:  I have no idea why its called a slow down fix because as anyone can see the FPS in game goes all over the place from 60 to 30~.

All the animations in the game, as far as I can tell, are 30. I'm not sure why the FPS cap is set to anything higher than that.
08-07-2013, 10:42 AM
I personally use "fft universal slowdown fix" by PSP-Traductions. This work with all versions.

Yeah, i am french, nobody is perfect...
Asus M3a32 MVP Deluxe Wifi / AMD Phenom II x6 1100T 3.31 GHz / Asus Ati Radeon HD 7970 DIRECT CU II / Kingston Hyperx DDR2 1066 MHz 8Gb (4x2Gb) / Windows Vista 64 bits SP2
08-08-2013, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 04:36 AM by drbretto.)
I googled that. I found the same slowdown fix we're all talking about. The one that works on everything only works on the actual PSP, so it's of no use with an emulator. The EU version of the slowdown fix has always worked (PSP or emulator). What we all learned today was that the US version of the PPF patch works, too.

Edit: By definition, no PAL PPF will work with any NTSC ISO. They are different file sizes. If you can even get the patcher to actually attempt to patch it, it would probably get hung up for eternity trying to write a file the size of your hard drive. And when it reaches the end, the universe implodes on itself.
08-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Software/Game tested: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Game version: US
File format: ISO & CSO
Version: v0.8.1-2g0cfbde7
Compatibility level: ingame
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Some of the cutscenes play in original size in lower left corner. Audio is choppy. The scenes that play out at full resolution are SLOW and choppy. I couldn't even sit through all of one.

Compatibility level: playable (w/o sound)
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Sound is horribly choppy, game speed is fine. Plays some scenes in corner as the tablet did.
IMO, Playable if you Disable the sound.

Version: v0.8.1
Compatibility level: playable
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Sound, speed, and cut scenes are fine.
08-09-2013, 10:37 PM
(08-08-2013 07:40 PM)Dizzy49 Wrote:  Software/Game tested: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Compatibility level: ingame
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Some of the cutscenes play in original size in lower left corner. Audio is choppy. The scenes that play out at full resolution are SLOW and choppy. I couldn't even sit through all of one.

Compatibility level: playable (w/o sound)
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Sound is horribly choppy, game speed is fine. Plays some scenes in corner as the tablet did.
IMO, Playable if you Disable the sound.

Version: v0.8.1
Compatibility level: playable
Other info: Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enabled. Would not load Save games from PSP. Sound, speed, and cut scenes are fine.
Only works with 'Buffered Rendering' enable?? I still got black screen bug xD, is it working for anyone?
08-11-2013, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 04:31 AM by luckyboylb.)
Is it possible to save a game on PPSSPP on a stick then load it on JPCSP to bypass the black screen of death? Then save it on a stick and go back to PPSSPP?
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
(08-11-2013 04:30 AM)luckyboylb Wrote:  Is it possible to save a game on PPSSPP on a stick then load it on JPCSP to bypass the black screen of death? Then save it on a stick and go back to PPSSPP?
yes and No:
Yes u can save it on a stick and keep playing on jpcsp, but No u wont be able to play on ppsspp because u'll get a black screen after u load the save Sad
08-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I have some problem that My game gone black screen after finish first battle at Chapter 1
anybody can help me out ?
thanks in the future.
08-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Seriously ?

Yeah, i am french, nobody is perfect...
Asus M3a32 MVP Deluxe Wifi / AMD Phenom II x6 1100T 3.31 GHz / Asus Ati Radeon HD 7970 DIRECT CU II / Kingston Hyperx DDR2 1066 MHz 8Gb (4x2Gb) / Windows Vista 64 bits SP2
08-16-2013, 06:33 PM
(08-16-2013 04:45 PM)XiraWolves Wrote:  I have some problem that My game gone black screen after finish first battle at Chapter 1
thanks in the future.

[Image: e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage...00x295.png]
08-17-2013, 06:58 AM
(08-16-2013 06:33 PM)CrimsonFangX Wrote:  
(08-16-2013 04:45 PM)XiraWolves Wrote:  I have some problem that My game gone black screen after finish first battle at Chapter 1
thanks in the future.

[Image: e84453ed_Are-You-Fucking-Kidding-Me-Rage...00x295.png]

I died XD.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
08-17-2013, 05:42 PM
The loop is now situated near 0x0880C7E0, but skipping it as before doesn't seem to help as well. Seems like something is being loaded wrong.

How much of the binary is understood? Has anyone guessed symbol names some?

-[Unknown]
08-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Okay, I'll have this fixed sometime soon. It still has glitches later, though.

-[Unknown]