Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
06-27-2013, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 02:23 AM by Krainz.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
There's a slight minor bug with the videos. They start at normal size even if the screen is bigger. So I have to press F11 to go fullscreen and F11 again to go back to fix it.

rev v0.8.1-41-ge440fa6

EDIT: just tried to load a game, "memory stick duo not found". Couldn't also save while playing
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 12:50 AM by drbretto.)
Man, you guys are so close on this one I can taste it. No one has ever come close and this is something I've been waiting for for a long time. I have a mod for this game (don't worry, not gonna link it, not a spammer, but I will say it's called FFT:WOTL 1.3.1.3 if anyone's interested) that so far appears to be compatible with the slowdown fix AND this emulator and being able to play on my PC is going to be huge (and considering my two broken PSP's, it may save the project).

It runs on my terrible PC almost perfectly right up until after the second battle like many others. Though no one else has mentioned this part: once, the first time, I left the blank screen up in the background for a few minutes to check out different settings to mess with based on this thread, and when I came back, the world map screen was actually available. Of course, I then immediately disabled mipmapping and broke it again. I was able to save the game by sound with a blank screen.

When I come back to the game and try to load one of those saves, I get either a total crash, a blank screen or a blank screen with working controls. Seemingly randomly, but it may be based on changing settings at random.

I've read about others having the game crash after the third fight, which is mind boggling to me a little bit. The only thing that's new after the second fight is the appearance of the world map. Even entering a shop, from what I understand about the game, shouldn't be calling anything it hasn't already called. The only new thing is the world map. So why would it stop after the third fight?

Wish I had an answer for you. I may know WOTL inside and out but emulator dev speak is greek to me. But it still feels like you guys are one tiny breakthrough away from making this whole game doable on a PC and considering the time I put into this mod, it would really, really make my day. Thanks for the hard work!

edit: OH! Forgot.. Any chance PPSSPP will do something to emulate the PSP's ability to connect to other PSP's, only via the internet? That would open up rendezvous and allow people to play FFT against each other online. I would have to make a new, balanced patch for this, of course. Smile
06-30-2013, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 05:30 AM by [Unknown].)
drbretto: well, haven't figured this one out yet. If you're hacking the game, you might look at the MIPS around where I said before and see what's going on:

(06-20-2013 02:17 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Somewhere around 0x088fabf0, it gets into a loop where it's doing... I'm not sure what. It starts getting clearly wrong values in the loop.

If I force it out of the loop to 0x088fac34, it continues but with completely broken graphics.

I'm also getting heap corruption....

-[Unknown]

I didn't really understand what that loop was trying to do...

I think it hits that same problem when loading the game too.

As for netplay, not in the near future but it's something that may end up in the emulator eventually for sure.

-[Unknown]
06-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Does anyone else have this problem with saves? It's annoying. Also happening in FFIV Complete Collection.
06-30-2013, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 07:06 PM by Gilgameur.)
Final Fantasy Tactics The Lion War
Title : Final Fantasy Tactics The Lion War
Region : EU
Genre : Tactical RPG
Format : CSO
Version : PPSSPP 0.8.1
Compatibility : in-game
Notes : They are some music problems. The game bug totally after the third battle. Near perfect.

Yeah, i am french, nobody is perfect...
Asus M3a32 MVP Deluxe Wifi / AMD Phenom II x6 1100T 3.31 GHz / Asus Ati Radeon HD 7970 DIRECT CU II / Kingston Hyperx DDR2 1066 MHz 8Gb (4x2Gb) / Windows Vista 64 bits SP2
06-30-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics The Lion War
A thread already exists for this game here:-

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1141

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Merged
06-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I was all set I thought this game was running perfectly. Weekend off then I went to play got past second battle and nothing but a black screen. Has anyone found a fix or way around this yet?

Would it work to take a save file past the second battle and load it up? OR would it happen every time it goes to world map?

Great Job guy emulator made a huge jump. Thanks for any help.
06-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Unknown, thanks for the reply. I figure netplay is far on the horizon, but it's good to know it's on your minds. There's a fairly large community that still plays the old PSX version of FFT, particularly FFT 1.3 but there's so much more in the WOTL version that I took over and adding netplay will allow us to hold tournaments. It would be amazing.

Bigal, some people have reported getting as far as the end of the third battle, but no one has gotten further. I know, it just feels like it's SOOOOO close. It's got me really, really excited.

I don't care about the music being messed up a little and all that. All I care about is playability. That it's not crashing with some of my edits/sprite changes (something that has broken a few emulators running the PSX version) is incredibly encouraging. But there are a few other points where it will call things that may crash. I'll have to check the other version's old threads because there was a fix that might have to do with that address unknown mentioned. I'll get back to ya all.
06-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Guys, am I the only one having problems when saving?

It says "Memory Stick Duo not found"

All other games except FFIV:CC can save without any problem.
06-30-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm not seeing that problem. Maybe it depends on the region of the game you're using.

-[Unknown]
06-30-2013, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 01:28 AM by Krainz.)
European version

Windows 7 32 bits

In JPCSP I don't have the save problem.
06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
video on start seems to big it cuts some of it off on android latest build

Galexy s3
rom:CyanogenMod 11
Sprint
07-01-2013, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 01:46 PM by Terezar.)
I am using version 0.8.1 for windows, on windows 7, North America version
the game loads, and the intro movie plays out completely, but when it tries to go to the title screen it crashes.
07-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Damn, I wanted some help with the save problem in the european version because it looks like it's just me, so I might be doing something wrong.