Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
06-30-2013, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 12:50 AM by drbretto.)
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Man, you guys are so close on this one I can taste it. No one has ever come close and this is something I've been waiting for for a long time. I have a mod for this game (don't worry, not gonna link it, not a spammer, but I will say it's called FFT:WOTL 1.3.1.3 if anyone's interested) that so far appears to be compatible with the slowdown fix AND this emulator and being able to play on my PC is going to be huge (and considering my two broken PSP's, it may save the project).

It runs on my terrible PC almost perfectly right up until after the second battle like many others. Though no one else has mentioned this part: once, the first time, I left the blank screen up in the background for a few minutes to check out different settings to mess with based on this thread, and when I came back, the world map screen was actually available. Of course, I then immediately disabled mipmapping and broke it again. I was able to save the game by sound with a blank screen.

When I come back to the game and try to load one of those saves, I get either a total crash, a blank screen or a blank screen with working controls. Seemingly randomly, but it may be based on changing settings at random.

I've read about others having the game crash after the third fight, which is mind boggling to me a little bit. The only thing that's new after the second fight is the appearance of the world map. Even entering a shop, from what I understand about the game, shouldn't be calling anything it hasn't already called. The only new thing is the world map. So why would it stop after the third fight?

Wish I had an answer for you. I may know WOTL inside and out but emulator dev speak is greek to me. But it still feels like you guys are one tiny breakthrough away from making this whole game doable on a PC and considering the time I put into this mod, it would really, really make my day. Thanks for the hard work!

edit: OH! Forgot.. Any chance PPSSPP will do something to emulate the PSP's ability to connect to other PSP's, only via the internet? That would open up rendezvous and allow people to play FFT against each other online. I would have to make a new, balanced patch for this, of course. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - drbretto - 06-30-2013 12:43 AM
Holy at Tchigolith Fenlands - R.MoLL - 12-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Final Fantasy tatics - bladirangu - 01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
problem - smokenzombie - 07-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Applying Patches - Mauriciofsantana - 10-09-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: Applying Patches - vnctdj - 10-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Patch Final Fantasy Tactics - kturcotte - 02-23-2015, 01:09 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics 15 FPS - wuusup - 03-27-2015, 05:34 PM
final fantasy war of lions - hi3241 - 06-06-2017, 04:23 AM