Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crashing on Windows 8
04-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Crashing on Windows 8
Hi all,

I've been playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 lately and I've been crashing quite frequently lately. At first I thought it was due to upgrading to 0.9.8 but I still crash even when I redownloaded 0.9.7. There's also no specified time/action that causes it; it seems random, at least to me, because I can crash during a battle, while I'm running, after a battle, etc. There does not seem to be a common thread among all the crashes.

The following link is the folder where I uploaded all my crash dumps (apparently they were too big to use as attachments?). I... got a warning that I wasn't allowed to post clickable links so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules by posting this link; not sure of any other way to show the crash dumps.

Any help/insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

mediafire.com/folder/s9oxn9gw7v7o7/crashdumps
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Information RE: Crashing on Windows 8
(04-05-2014 02:06 PM)mamori Wrote:  Hi all,

I've been playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 lately and I've been crashing quite frequently lately. At first I thought it was due to upgrading to 0.9.8 but I still crash even when I redownloaded 0.9.7. There's also no specified time/action that causes it; it seems random, at least to me, because I can crash during a battle, while I'm running, after a battle, etc. There does not seem to be a common thread among all the crashes.

The following link is the folder where I uploaded all my crash dumps (apparently they were too big to use as attachments?). I... got a warning that I wasn't allowed to post clickable links so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules by posting this link; not sure of any other way to show the crash dumps.

Any help/insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

http://mediafire.com/folder/s9oxn9gw7v7o7/crashdumps
Yes your link is fine as it only contains .dmp files of your crashes.
04-06-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: Crashing on Windows 8
Just wanted to give an update/insight in the latest crashes. I uploaded three crash files today that happen after a save file in which after any action, whether it be moving maps or entering a battle, would cause a an error. Entering a battle crashed it and changing maps would either freeze or cause some weird message loop.

It isn't the map that causes it because I went back I battled fine (although just right now I would freeze during one particular battle, but if I loaded the save state and went into another battle, everything was fine).

Would be grateful for any help/insight! Thank you so much!
04-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Information RE: Crashing on Windows 8
(04-06-2014 10:16 PM)mamori Wrote:  Just wanted to give an update/insight in the latest crashes. I uploaded three crash files today that happen after a save file in which after any action, whether it be moving maps or entering a battle, would cause a an error. Entering a battle crashed it and changing maps would either freeze or cause some weird message loop.

It isn't the map that causes it because I went back I battled fine (although just right now I would freeze during one particular battle, but if I loaded the save state and went into another battle, everything was fine).

Would be grateful for any help/insight! Thank you so much!
Sounds like your running out system memory or something similar, as if you reset a game with your savestate, that game runs okay, which tells me that the memory must reset, allowing you to play fine.

just a thought, which version of PPSSPP are you using by the way?
04-08-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: Crashing on Windows 8
(04-07-2014 03:52 AM)The Phoenix Wrote:  Sounds like your running out system memory or something similar, as if you reset a game with your savestate, that game runs okay, which tells me that the memory must reset, allowing you to play fine.

just a thought, which version of PPSSPP are you using by the way?

My apologies; I think I was multitasking when I wrote that reply as that is not entirely true. That was 2 scenarios combined into one.

I have a savestate in which whenever I open it, it will crash whenever I run into ANY battle. It'll also freeze when I move maps so there is literally nothing I can do (aside from access the menu) without the game dying on me in some way.

In ANOTHER savestate, if I run into a specific battle, it will always crash when I enter that specific battle (attempted multiple times). However, if I skip that battle and run into another one, that savestate runs fine.

I'm not sure what triggers the crash as these specific battles are actually random battles, not boss battles.

I decided to upgrade back to 0.9.8 again because downgrading to 0.9.7 did not solve my crash issues.