Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does ppsspp work on my pc?
04-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Does ppsspp work on my pc?
HEY.I Use a windows 8.1 version but due to some reasons ppsspp does'nt work on my pc.
MY PC SPECIFICATIONS:
CORE 2 DUO
500 GB HARD DISK
2 GB RAM
NO GRAPHIC CARD.

Does ppsspp work for this specifiaions?
plzz help guyzzzz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Does ppsspp work on my pc?
try new ver...my computer more low spec than you but it's works perfectly...
04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
you want play psp games without graphic card? are you kidding me?
04-03-2014, 02:45 PM
There is no way he don't have video card.
He probably just don't know what it is.

Without one,he won't be able to see anything.
vinay do you get any errors when you try to run it?

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
04-03-2014, 02:55 PM
(04-03-2014 01:23 PM)vinay Wrote:  HEY.I Use a windows 8.1 version but due to some reasons ppsspp does'nt work on my pc.
MY PC SPECIFICATIONS:
CORE 2 DUO
500 GB HARD DISK
2 GB RAM
NO GRAPHIC CARD.

Does ppsspp work for this specifiaions?
plzz help guyzzzz
You got an intel graphics because of the Core 2 Duo CPU by Intel.

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
04-04-2014, 10:59 AM
yes.i get an error.
It says windows cannot run the program.
Windows will automatically check for any problem and find the solution if a solution is available.

but it just closes and this happens all d time.
my ppsspp version is 0.9.1-7-gb677c81

O.S:Windows 8 evaluation version
04-05-2014, 01:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 01:37 AM by The Phoenix.)
Information RE: Does ppsspp work on my pc?
(04-04-2014 10:59 AM)vinay Wrote:  yes.i get an error.
It says windows cannot run the program.
Windows will automatically check for any problem and find the solution if a solution is available.

but it just closes and this happens all d time.
my ppsspp version is 0.9.1-7-gb677c81

O.S:Windows 8 evaluation version
Can you run PPSSPP emulator at all, does it get to the main menu of the emulator?
If so download latest Beta version from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php
Make sure to download 32 bit version, as you maybe using the 32bit Windows, just to be on the safe side.
Next run that, wait until the main menu appears, and select the Settings tab then System tab then scroll down to Developer Tools & select that, finally select System Information, press in F12 key to take screenshot.
Upload this screenshot please for us to see which graphics card you actually have installed, if any. Cool
04-05-2014, 12:01 PM
No,it does not initiate at all.
Mine is INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET E4600.I tried downloading the drivers from intel but they just don't work.
They show an error that YOUR PC DOES NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO INSTALL THIS.The same message is shown no matter how old the driver is.
please help me........
04-06-2014, 12:39 AM
(04-05-2014 12:01 PM)vinay Wrote:  No,it does not initiate at all.
Mine is INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET E4600.I tried downloading the drivers from intel but they just don't work.
They show an error that YOUR PC DOES NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO INSTALL THIS.The same message is shown no matter how old the driver is.
please help me........
Doing some research are these your spec's..........
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Co...E4600.html

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/inde...%20Chipset

Are these your spec's? , if so did you try to install the correct drivers, as in 64bit drivers onto a 32bit machine.
Use this Intel ultility found here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/det...ight_home1
To check & find the correct drivers for you.

Hope that helps. Cool
04-06-2014, 05:21 AM
All the specs are correct but my MEMORY TYPE IS DDR2 and OPENGL version is only 1.2 or so by default.
I tried the link you provided previously and for graphic drivers it says
"An Intel device was detected but your operating system is not supported by this utility. Please visit Download Center to look for available software".
And for other drivers it says "This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates".
Will there be any chance for ppsspp to work if i change my O.S?
The disk provided by manufacturer of mother board for drivers is also not working as the disk is not compatible with windows 8.
And mine is a 32 bit machine,so how can i try to install 64 bit for it?
THANKS A LOT FOR HELPING ME "THE PHOENIX":D
04-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Hey i understood my problem that i do not have the required graphic drivers.
But i am not able to find them even in INTEL official website.The drivers available are only for windows 7 or it's previous versions.So can anyone help me in finding the correct drivers for me

O.S:WINDOWS 8
PROCESSOR:INTEL CORE 2 DUO
GRAPHIC:INTEL G41 EXPRESS CHIPSET E4600
04-06-2014, 10:13 AM
You will not find those drivers anywhere as stated in the official faq your chip has win 8 drivers available only through windows update. Also if you're on win 8.1, there are no drivers at all.
If you can install other OS, on your place I would just get win 7 home premium x86 or any lightweight linux. Windows 8 is bad choice for old hardware that already lost official support, those drivers will never really be updated anymore.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-06-2014, 10:40 AM
yep,for the best conclusion,change back your OS...i use Win 7 and more lower spec than you but there many game i already finished use ppsspp...
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 03:03 PM by The Phoenix.)
(04-06-2014 05:21 AM)vinay Wrote:  All the specs are correct but my MEMORY TYPE IS DDR2 and OPENGL version is only 1.2 or so by default.
I tried the link you provided previously and for graphic drivers it says
"An Intel device was detected but your operating system is not supported by this utility. Please visit Download Center to look for available software".
And for other drivers it says "This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates".
Will there be any chance for ppsspp to work if i change my O.S?
The disk provided by manufacturer of mother board for drivers is also not working as the disk is not compatible with windows 8.
And mine is a 32 bit machine,so how can i try to install 64 bit for it?
THANKS A LOT FOR HELPING ME "THE PHOENIX":D
No sorry I didn't mean you should install 64bit drivers on a 32bit system, i know it sounded like that, my apologies.

From what you have said, i don't think your graphics card is good enough, hence the OpenGL 1.2.
I am sure the mininium required OpenGL was 2.1, but don't quote me on that, have to see what the developers have to say first.

To the DEVELOPERS is that correct?
04-06-2014, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 03:19 PM by Bigpet.)
@The Phoenix:

1.2 is the version that gets reported even when no driver is installed. So, even if you have an Nvidia Titan but don't install any drivers it'll say OpenGL 1.2 (and use a DirectX backend).
So he may be able to fix this with a better driver, but I don't know the details of the best available driver for his GPU, so it might be the max version for the GPU but I doubt it.

But the intel website does say
Quote:In addition to video, the Intel® G41 Express Chipset delivers optimized 3D graphics performance and support for Microsoft DirectX* 10, Shader Model* 4.0, and OpenGL* 2.0.