Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer Guide
04-03-2014, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 04:59 PM by vnctdj.)
[Tutorial] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer Guide
I created this to be packaged in with the file in question.

After a huge amount of trial and error using the method below i have successfully been able to play with my other 3 friends making 4 of us in total.

No fancy graphics but have given this to other people who have followed it with 100% success.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer.

The following steps seem very involved but after about a weeks worth of troublehsooting this
is the way to connect up to 4 people tested and confirmed working.

Once this has been setup the game will be easy and straight forward to do multiplayer in future.

**********************************PROGRAMS REQUIRED****************************************************

PPSSPP Emulator (Current version 0.9.8)
http://www.ppsspp.org/

Adhoc pro-online
http://www.dropbox.com/sh/7wfslgkdvdoa45...indows.zip

Extract the folder and all files to an easily accessable location.

Tunngle client with a registered account (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT HAMACHI + EVOLVE WILL HAVE ISSUES)
http://www.tunngle.net/index.php?l=en

A open windows Notepad.

*****************************PREPERATION OF THE TOOLS DOWNLOADED*************************************************

1. download the required programs above and login to tunngle (tunngle upon install may need to
reboot your pc go ahead and do this).

2. In the top left search box, search for monster hunter and everyonn join the room.

3. Out of the group of you find out if anyone has a 'green smiley face' in tungle, can be
seen in the bottom right. If none of you do one of you will need to look into setting up
portforwarding for tunggles service.

(i will not explain port-forwarding here use portforward.com as
a reference for your router and tunngle as a guide on which port needs forwarding)

4. The person who has the green smiley face in their Tunngle will now be your game host
so right click on their name from the monster hunter room and copy their IPV4 address
for now just put this in the open note pad.

(this includes the person who is going to host they use the same address as everyone else.)

5. We now need to find out your Tunngle MAC address. On your windows desktop Go to start,in the
search box type cmd and press enter.

6. You will now be in the command prompt window, in here type ipconfig /all this will look like alot of
scary text but you need to look for Tungle in the description section, tungle will be listed on the right
scroll through and look carefully it will be there see below:

Ethernet adapter Tunngle:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 (Tunngle)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : A0-B3-CC-F8-3E-6F <-------------------- This is your MAC address
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ac94:c162:99d3:386e%33(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 7.81.69.159(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 01 April 2014 15:06:12
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 April 2015 15:06:05
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 7.254.254.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 7.254.254.254
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 553713461
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-A0-65-0E-D0-27-88-7C-B8-03

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 7.254.254.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

7. Right click anywhere in the CMD window and select 'Mark' highlight the Physical Address below Tunngle description
and right click again to copy the highlighted txt. Paste this into your open note pad with
the previously added Host IPV4 address it will be in a format similar to this A0-B3-CC-F8-3E-6F

8. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** edit your address like so Previously: A0-B3-CC-F8-3E-6F Edited: A0:B3:CC:F8:3E:6F

9. If people havn't done already everyone run the monster hunter game once through the PPSSPP
emulator, (this will create the relevant files and folders we need to edit) then close the emulator.

10. Now the folders have been created locate the PPSSPP.ini file and right click and edit, it
Can be located here: PPSSPP/Memstick/PSP/SYSTEM/PPSSPP.ini

11. With the PPSSPP.ini now open look for 'proAdhocServer' in the list and enter your data from
the note pad below.

NickName = MUST BE UNIQUE CAN BE YOUR NAME OR WHAT EVER
proAdhocServer = THIS MUST BE THE HOST IPV4 ADDRESS WE GOT FROM TUNGLE stored in the note pad
MacAddress = THIS MUST BE YOUR PERSONAL EDITED MAC ADDRESS stored in the note pad.

Once done it should be in a similar format to this:

NickName = David
proAdhocServer = 7.81.68.221
MacAddress = 00:00:28:0B:68:EC

12. Once these changes have been made save and close the note pad.

*************************************FINAL STEPS*************************************

1. Open tungle and all be in the monster hunter channel.

2. EVERYONE must run adhocserver.exe from the Adhoc pro-online download link

3. Run PPSSPP emulator as admin and load monster hunter

4. Everyone head to the Gathering Hall if everything has worked you should now all be able to meet up
here.

TROUBLE SHOOTING IF SOMEONE GETS DISCONNECTED AT THIS POINT CHECK THE MAC ADDRESS AS 90% OF THE TIME IT
IS BECAUSE THE MAC ADDRESS HASN'T BEEN FORMATTED PROPERLY see step 8. above.

5. Press escape inside the emulator and go to SYSTEM in here change the following:

FAST Memory (unstable) un-tick this box.

Change CPU clock 0 set this to 1000

Press escape again to save these changes and go back to the game.

6.***VERY IMPORTANT*** Get the host to start a quest/job.

7. Everyone *NOT THE HOST* needs to join the quest then ready up by the door.

8. ***VERY IMPORTANT***
Assuming you are using an XBOX360 controller EVERYONE needs to press the right
analogue stick in. This will slow the game down to 25% running speed/

9. Once everyone is 'slo mo' stand still and let the host begin the job/hunt.

10. Once everyone is loaded in and can see eachother in the game world, you can un 'slo mo'
by pressing the right analogue stick in again and play as normal.

11. Congratulations if you have done the above steps correctly you should all now be in the
game together.

Common Problems:

People being disconnected from the gathering hall - CHECK THE MAC ADDRESS THIS HAS TO BE IN THE CORRECT
FORMAT.

The host can attempt to portforward the ADhoc server port it will be listed in the command window,
to try and help people connect if there are still issues.

Check ping times for everyone, someone could have their connection being hammered by torrents youtube etc.
to do this in the CMD window type ping 8.8.8.8 -t this will run a repeat ping to googles
DNS. If anyone is above 100ms they need to check for any downloads or videos playing in the back round
or someone hammering the avaible internet bandwidth in their home.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer Guide
2. EVERYONE must run adhocserver.exe from the Adhoc pro-online download link
Not everyone has to run the server.

My "ultimate" weapon
Aspire4730z
-Intel® Pentium® Processor T3400(2.16GHz,667MHz,1MB L2cache)
-Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500M
-3GB DDR2
04-03-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 10:21 AM by Rastien.)
(04-03-2014 10:00 AM)qilun56757 Wrote:  2. EVERYONE must run adhocserver.exe from the Adhoc pro-online download link
Not everyone has to run the server.

I initially thought this as well as it doesn't make sense to have everyone running the server, as the PSP emulator acts as the client, but for some reason this worked, but as I tried so many things I havn't tested it with just 1 person running the adhoc pro server and the rest acting as clients since we got it confirmed working and confirmed working with another group.

Chances are this step is indeed wrong, further testing needed Smile

But the with the group of 4 we had, hamachi and evolve struggled to connect all 4 of us while tunngle worked perfectly. I'll test this fully this evening (if i can convince the group to try it) and edit accordingly Smile
04-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(04-03-2014 07:50 AM)Rastien Wrote:  3. Run PPSSPP emulator as admin

This is useless too Wink

Anyway, your tutorial is very good Smile
However, this one is similar...

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
(04-03-2014 04:47 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 07:50 AM)Rastien Wrote:  3. Run PPSSPP emulator as admin

This is useless too Wink

Anyway, your tutorial is very good Smile
However, (removed to enabled post) is similar...

Ah fair again amongst all the trouble shooting we did just ran as admin as default alot of programs have issues till you do that i find Smile

So it is bugger! feel free to remove this one, didn't even check just dumped as figured it might be helpful Smile
04-03-2014, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 04:59 PM by vnctdj.)
Hmm, OK Smile

But I will not remove this thread, because your thread may be helpful for some users who haven't understood the other thread correctly... Who knows ? Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2014 05:09 PM by TheDax.)
RE: [Tutorial] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer Guide
The only situation PPSSPP needs to run as admin (on Windows) is if you're running it from Program Files or some other write protected directory, and you want to have it save everything in the same folder as the exe, since otherwise it'll save by default to My Documents. PPSSPP is otherwise fully Windows Vista/7/8 compliant, in regards to UAC and such.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
04-03-2014, 05:49 PM
(04-03-2014 04:59 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  Hmm, OK Smile

But I will not remove this thread, because your thread may be helpful for some users who haven't understood the other thread correctly... Who knows ? Smile

Fair, the actual txt as i said is being bunged into the rom file my friend converted was a little project we did Smile I dumped it here without really checking anything.
05-01-2014, 04:02 AM
i cant go in online gathering hall

it says "A communication error has occurred."

please help and thanks
02-14-2015, 10:57 AM
Wink RE: [Tutorial] Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Multiplayer Guide
I can't see my friend in the gathering hall, although i can see that we are in the same group in AdHocServerProOnline.

Please help me Big Grin Thanks