Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PC to PSP adhoc without internet???
04-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Wink PC to PSP adhoc without internet???
Hi guys is it possible to play adhoc between PC and PSP , PC and PC or Android and Android without any internet? I have seen people talking about that you need Coldbird plugin in psp to play against PC , I have this plugin installed on my PSP but since my router doesn't support UPNP and DMZ is also not working now a days , I can not join games and if I host , the others won't be able to see me. As you know that you can make an adhoc network in PC and android also , so why we can't play adhoc between PC and PSP without internet (just as adhoc between two PSP) , is it possible? Smile Big Grin

The Signature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 09:30 PM by betrayedAngel.)
RE: PC to PSP adhoc without internet???
(04-02-2014 11:15 AM)Haseeb Wrote:  Hi guys is it possible to play adhoc between PC and PSP , PC and PC or Android and Android without any internet? I have seen people talking about that you need Coldbird plugin in psp to play against PC , I have this plugin installed on my PSP but since my router doesn't support UPNP and DMZ is also not working now a days , I can not join games and if I host , the others won't be able to see me. As you know that you can make an adhoc network in PC and android also , so why we can't play adhoc between PC and PSP without internet (just as adhoc between two PSP) , is it possible? Smile Big Grin

of course It is 1000% possible to play multiplayer ppsspp+PSP via offline (LAN, no need for Internet connection).
The only things you need are :
Quote:1. Pro Online client for your PSP
2. Wifi router, because the only way PSP could join the adhoc party hosted by your PC is via wifi connection.

for your reference please visit this thread : LAN Play PC(PPSSPP)+PSP

-my outdated testing rig-
Intel Core2Quad [email protected]
Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
facebook.com/love.grimangel
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Oh my god ! Sad you don't understand , Pro online client on psp can be used only via internet , and when we play ad hoc between two psp , there is no need of WiFi router , (WiFi router = provides internet) , I just want to know can we play psp ad hoc with ppsspp just like we do ad hoc between to psp?? Ad hoc is like Bluetooth.

The Signature!
04-05-2014, 01:38 PM
@Haseeb would you mind to at least read the guide you were linked to? You're wrong btw - Pro Online client doesn't require internet. All it does require is the server to connect with. If you set your own server locally as we do with ppsspp, then you don't care about internet connection at all unless you actually want connect with someone outside of your LAN.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Okay looks like now I a bit understand (still confused Confused ) hehehe , Sorry guys if you felt my post annoying but I really dont understand it now , just tell me one last thing , when we do ad hoc between two actual psp(s) , there is no hell need of any any router , then why there is need of router in that case , sorry but really confused. Sad

The Signature!
04-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Well technically router isn't needed either, it's just one of the ways that can connect devices into some sort of network a simple cable between 2 pc's should be enough, you can also set an wifi adhoc network between pc's without using router as well, it's just not soo popular as router makes it faster/easier universally between different devices/OS's. But anyway it's as it is because the adhoc has pretty low priority for now(ppsspp is still very young emulator).

It was actually proposed by Coldbird himself to add his pro online support to ppsspp to avoid writing all of it from 0 and allow connecting to his server as well, but then he got busy, got married etc.. What we have now was just a quick solution made by some Monster Hunter fans(I guessTongue) that couldn't wait. Pretty much only MH series and accidently few other games are working more or less properly now, so it's certainly not complete and will be changed/improved in the future.

We just have to be patient.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
04-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much , Smile Now I completely understand , Coldbird (Prometheus) got married ??? Lol lol lol Big Grin Big Grin

The Signature!
04-08-2014, 06:02 AM
(04-06-2014 01:36 PM)Haseeb Wrote:  Thank you so much , Smile Now I completely understand , Coldbird (Prometheus) got married ??? Lol lol lol Big Grin Big Grin

@haseeb :
Pro Online client is 10000% needed by PSP to play adhoc with PC locally, there is no other way to get it done.

For your reference : actual PSP(s) dont need any router to get multiplayer work because they're the same device afterall.

Since you were asking how to connect multiplayer PSP+PC without internet connection, I suggested you to use wifi router <-- because there is no other way a real PSP could join PC (ppsspp) to play locally without a wifi router as the bridge of both connection.

then, you insisted Coldbird Pro Online Plugin needs Internet connection. I don't see Pro Online plugin always needs Internet Connection.
As LunaMoo posted before, Pro Online Client plugin is only a tool to connect PSP to other PSP device via "dedicated Pro Online Server".
So, if we set up the Pro Online Server on our local network there is no need to use Internet connection as we just set up the Pro Online server on our own network.

The conventional way to play multiplayer PSP via Pro Online Plugin is by the Coldbird Pro Online Server, but in your case : you want a local connection without Internet connection, so this link lan PSP+PC would help you a lot about some advantages of Pro Online Client.

-my outdated testing rig-
Intel Core2Quad [email protected]
Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
facebook.com/love.grimangel
04-24-2014, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 05:23 AM by Haseeb.)
Ok thank you so much for your help! Understood! Big Grin Originally I didnt wanted Pro C just because my router doesnt support UPNP and DMZ is also not working now-a-days , so as you know that you cant play pro c without any two of them enabled ! Big Grin anyway thanks a lot for the information n help!

The Signature!
05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
All that sounds great but how about... 2 computers ( i also have a hardwire modem with built in wireless router if needed) connecting there ppsspp together offline no internet. Right now wife and i been playing online through evolve and its great but we may lose internet soon so would love to know how to set up my own LAN. What program do i need because evolve is worthless with no internet.
Just want to connect one pc to another and have there ppsspp recognize each other i already have an adhoc server on both pc. Would like to find a way to do it with no internet thanks....
05-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Haven't you seen my post ? Huh

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
09-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Psp and android can connect using phone tether only? Not using router? Sorry for bad english. Thanks.
09-21-2014, 07:28 AM
(09-20-2014 10:58 PM)makooy Wrote:  Psp and android can connect using phone tether only? Not using router? Sorry for bad english. Thanks.
Nope you can connect using router,but psp and android must set on server ip.Tethering is just for the place when you dont have router.

Sry for bad english im chinese at malaysia
11-11-2014, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 09:45 AM by NagamiShinryu188.)
Can someone please explain clearly how ppsspp on android and original psp connect to each other? this morning I just tried to connect MH3rdHD on android to MH3rd psp using wifi tethering but it failed (can't see each other in the Hall even I wait for 3mins) So please
12-08-2014, 02:31 PM
(11-11-2014 09:41 AM)NagamiShinryu188 Wrote:  Can someone please explain clearly how ppsspp on android and original psp connect to each other? this morning I just tried to connect MH3rdHD on android to MH3rd psp using wifi tethering but it failed (can't see each other in the Hall even I wait for 3mins) So please
I think you need the same game file (You have HD on android but Normal on psp). If im wrong, check your setting. If you havent turn on Wlan access on the ppsspp, turn on it.

I hope this help to solve your problem.