Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I modify my savestate file ?
02-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Wink Can I modify my savestate file ?
As title said , is there any program to open savestate and modify that file ? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 07:17 AM
RE: Can I modify my savestate file ?
Not really, what kind of modifications could you possibly make?
02-21-2013, 07:35 AM
maybe for changing item value . Big Grin
just for cheating . Big GrinBig Grin

if file was made ​​based on the final state of the game, all data should be recorded in it right? and all values ​​can be modified.

if allowed to know, what kind of algorithm is required to open that file. Let me learn about programming. Big Grin
02-21-2013, 10:30 AM
It's mostly just a memory dump, any hex editor should do, but it will be hard to find what's what.
02-21-2013, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2013 03:34 PM by asl97.)
it not that hard to find, the place to edit should be the same as where the cwcheat edit, meaning, by comparing where the cwcheat edit, you can easily change the value, it easier to understand if you know how to make cwcheat.
eg:
_G Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact [USA]
_C0 NP 99,999,999
_L 0x09C6A9D0 0x05F5E0FF

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact [USA]
cheat for NP 99,999,999
the source: 0x09C6A9D0
old value: *something*
new value: 0x05F5E0FF

source is where to look for the old value to change it to the new value, in this eg, the new value would be for NP.
someone who know more might explain it better than me
02-21-2013, 03:44 PM
hmm .. maybe I can compare my savestate files then . and search for different value from right offset .

thank you for your help sir . Big Grin
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Isn't there already a memory viewer? Couldn't you modify the values? I think the only usefull thing for modifying savestates is for games that have anti-cheat security, like FFT-0. You can always use Cheat Engine too, it's not as easy as taking CWCheats to it but far easier than editing a savestate.
02-21-2013, 05:02 PM
hmm .. how can I use CE if I play it from my smartphone ? :|

And I just realize that modifying savestate files was very very confusing .. :o
02-21-2013, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013 12:22 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(02-21-2013 05:02 PM)mumbleJumble Wrote:  hmm .. how can I use CE if I play it from my smartphone ? :|

And I just realize that modifying savestate files was very very confusing .. :o

http://www.cih.com.tw/gamecih.html

Google is your friend. Been using that since ages. Even found debug menus on games and unused content (Final Fantasy III).
Either way I don't get how values are getting stored in PPSSPP's memory, I had zero success finding anything, feels like everything is stored dynamicaly.
02-22-2013, 10:26 PM
thank you sir , I'll try it after rooting my phone . Big Grin
I hope my device have compatibility with that tools .
02-24-2013, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 09:06 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I haven't found a device that is incompatible with gameCIH but I have zero clue what PPSSPP does exactly with PSP's memory because I can't seem to find anything working either on PC or Android builds of the emulator.
Maybe Henrik could explain why and how because it gets a bit frustrating, like, I find it technicaly impossible to force static adresses to be hyper dynamic and change place all the time, PSP's games are not coded to work that way and there is no way to avoid/force that.
02-25-2013, 08:39 AM
Could it be every cheat engine read from emulator memory ? In other words, it doesn't read directly to the "in game" memory . And that's why we couldn't find a corresponding value ? hmm .. :|
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
well, i can't seem to find where the savestate is getting save in my desktop, linux, if you can upload a savestate, i might be able to confirm if it is possible to do it, remember to tell me the name of the game for the savestate if you upload it, in the mean time, i try to find that savestate...
02-26-2013, 02:29 PM
On Windows, Memstick/PSP/PPSSPP_STATE/, on Linux/Mac same but in ~/, on Android same but on the SD card.

-[Unknown]
02-27-2013, 04:51 AM
(02-25-2013 08:39 AM)mumbleJumble Wrote:  Could it be every cheat engine read from emulator memory ? In other words, it doesn't read directly to the "in game" memory . And that's why we couldn't find a corresponding value ? hmm .. :|
Nope, all memory is allocated properly on PPSSPP, it's just that I have no clue what's the system behind PPSSPP's memory management.