Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it just me or...
02-21-2013, 01:14 AM
Is it just me or...
Sorry to start a thread with that tittle but I wanted to make a thread that people would post about issues they have and they are not sure if it's just them or they are it's a general issue.

Well starting with me,

1. Is it just me or FPS counter and Debug Statistics on Windows never-ever works or worked in the past? It just seems that it doesn't ever work nomatter combination of game or revision, compared to Android that works on any combination. I'm so confused...

2. Is it just me or the system UI is missing from the Windows builds? Like the savegame screens are totally black, I have to guess what I'm doing with right/left and X or O depending on the region and when I have to overwrite a savegame. The UI is there on the Android builds but not on Windows and it can get a bit confusing when a game comes up with messages that you have to read in order to proceed (LittleBigPlanet)

3. Is it just me or I can't take screenshots while in Fullscreen Mode? When I press Prt Scr in Fullscreen Mode it returns me a black image. For some reason I feel like the same would happen if I'd try recording footage with fraps on Fullscreen Mode. (Could a screenshot feature be implemented natively?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 02:57 AM
RE: Is it just me or...
First two are related. You don't have the assets, which I think are only included in the official builds (not the git builds.) Without them, you won't see fps/debug statistics, you won't see the save UI, you won't see prompts, etc.

I haven't tried screenshots in full screen but generally I've found screenshots in full screen mode to be iffy with games and emulators. Maybe there's a workaround/fix.

-[Unknown]
02-21-2013, 03:22 AM
(02-21-2013 02:57 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  First two are related. You don't have the assets, which I think are only included in the official builds (not the git builds.) Without them, you won't see fps/debug statistics, you won't see the save UI, you won't see prompts, etc.

Why's that? It's a seriously important thing, why it's not on Windows git builds but they are on Android git builds? It just doesn't make sense.

(02-21-2013 02:57 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I haven't tried screenshots in full screen but generally I've found screenshots in full screen mode to be iffy with games and emulators. Maybe there's a workaround/fix.
I bet that it has something to do with the API but still, a native screenshot function could beat all those issues. Just map a button and save the screen into a PNG/JPG file.
02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
I agree it's important. Might be a good idea to at least make it more conspicuously obvious when it's missing, since there can be path issues when you build it yourself too.

-[Unknown]
02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
I tried to fix the build server to include the assets but I guess it didn't work. Will have another look soon.
02-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanx, please do. In games like LittleBigPlanet that prompts me with 3 consecutive messages that I have to answer yes or no in order to proceed in the game gets really frustrating because I can't hear or see what I'm doing and the chances of passing that place are pretty low! XD