Thread Rating:
  • 28 Votes - 4.36 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
11-09-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Heys guys
Anyone know how to change the character's name in mhfu? if there is a cheat and how to make it work?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I can do this for you if you want Smile
Explain me in details by PM.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-13-2014, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2014 07:56 PM by Vampire.)
i am planning to get ths game it seems popular. cn the game be 100% completed on samsung galaxy s3? i managed to play nfs carbon, gta vcs, fifa 14, wwe svr 2009, burnout legends and lots of minis. nw i wana try ths mhfu cn u guys tel me there wil be any issues wth ths game? its such a big game i dnt wana waste money

and one more thing...is this game online only? do i need to be connectd to internet before start it?
11-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is known to run very well, no problem on this point Smile

No, this game is not online only, at all. You can even do all the quests alone Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Omg this game is awesome. With Rendering res 2X PSP it runs smooth with no lag on Samsung Galaxy S3. the graphics are brilliant. thanks vnctdj

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-19-2014, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 09:19 PM by Beoulve.)
Does the data install affect loading times at all? I guess I can test it but I'd rather someone with technical knowledge confirms it, I'm asking because over at the MGS: PW thread it's been said that data install won't affect loading times for that game.
11-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi.

First, I want to say - I really appreciate your work, I've even bought ppsspp gold for my android device. You're awesome! Smile

I have a question for you guys.

On my pc Monster Hunter Freedom Unite runs smoothly (after doing stuff mentioned in your guide about optimalisation).

But there is one thing that bothers me - some of the graphical effects are invisible. Is that normal, or there is some kind of solution?
I know, it's not much of a problem, but I would like to see those effects anyway.

Those effects are, for example:

- bombs (I can see the smoke, not actual blast)
- lightning attacks (Khezu is a good example)
- everything concerning fire, electricity, poison etc.

Can someone please tell me - is there an option to enable those effects?

Sorry about my bad english - it's not my native language.

Peace!
11-21-2014, 03:11 PM
^ can you give any screenshots?
i think, you just need to uncheck the "disable alpha test" @[email protected]
11-21-2014, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 07:33 PM by Szmittu.)
(11-21-2014 03:11 PM)aesoh Wrote:  ^ can you give any screenshots?
i think, you just need to uncheck the "disable alpha test" @[email protected]

Yeah, sure.
These screenshots were taken with "Disable alpha test" option unchecked.

First two screenshots are not a major problem... But the third one is, actually.
I remember that attack from original PSP UMD version of the game, and that's the only reason I am able to dodge it.
But I don't remember ALL attack patterns, so I'm affraid this game will be unplayable for me because of "unseen attacks".
I hope someone can help me with this, I would really like to play this game in fullscreen on my PC - it's much more comfortable that way Smile
11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Try turning off "Disable slower effects (speed up)" and "Software Skinning"

Game is going to run heavier but will look better
11-21-2014, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 09:14 PM by Szmittu.)
(11-21-2014 08:29 PM)HelmuthGerka Wrote:  Try turning off "Disable slower effects (speed up)" and "Software Skinning"

Game is going to run heavier but will look better
Thank you for your input.

Disable slower effects (speed up) was unchecked during making of those screenshots.

Software Skinning crashes the game when unchecked. I can start the game, load a save, make 3-4 steps with my character, and then it freezes.
I've tried to wait a while (about 5 min), it's stays "frozen".
Here are my settings, maybe someone will find something that causes this:

(small display was unchecked, when I was making screenshots)

11-22-2014, 04:08 PM
I dont have "Mipmapping" on also i dont have any framerate option turned on, i guess you need the frameskip to keep a good speed on your mobile, try playing with those settings.

The only HACK i have ON its "Texture Coord Speedhack (speed up)"

The only problem i had with the game was a lack of transparency on trees/random stuff but i fixed it by turning off "Disable Alpha Test (speed up)"

Sorry i cant help you anymore, thats all i know i guess stuff can work different on mobile
I hope someone else can give you more info
11-23-2014, 01:24 AM
I've changed options you've mentioned - but I'm still missing some textures. I'm leaving them as it is now, since if it changes nothing (constant 30fps, no crashes after changing options), then why should I have them on? Wink

Anyway, thank you very much for trying to help, you're very kind. Much appreciated.

I too hope, that someone else will find a solution, or at least source of my problem Smile
11-23-2014, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 04:05 PM by vnctdj.)
(11-16-2014 03:26 AM)Vampire Wrote:  Omg this game is awesome. With Rendering res 2X PSP it runs smooth with no lag on Samsung Galaxy S3. the graphics are brilliant. thanks vnctdj

You're welcome, I hope you will enjoy the game ! Smile

(11-19-2014 09:18 PM)Beoulve Wrote:  Does the data install affect loading times at all? I guess I can test it but I'd rather someone with technical knowledge confirms it, I'm asking because over at the MGS: PW thread it's been said that data install won't affect loading times for that game.

The data install will not affect loading times.

But I know it adds some slight enhancements Smile
For example, when you look at a new weapon or a new armor part at the merchant, the preview image will show instantly instead of having to press Select Wink
I don't remember if there are some other improvements...

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey guys ... First I want to thanks for this great Emu ... but let's just straight to the point ... Smile

I got a problem ... Me and my brothers were really happy when we can play MHFU with this emu ... but it seems we encountered a few problems while playing ... Like when we take Quest with the Location of Town at the Guild or Village Quests ... When we start the Quest the game seems like Bugged or dunno whatever you guys called this problem (you can see it in Picture 1 and 2)

Or when we take the Quest at Forrest & Hills (Night) when we tried to enter Area 3 or 6 from all Entrance we got these problem (Picture 3, 4 and 5) ... the game like stopped ... we even waited for Hours but it's not even responding ... can you guys help us?

and when I tried to Open the Log Console this is what I got ...