Thread Rating:
  • 28 Votes - 4.36 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (MHFU)
08-17-2014, 03:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 10:32 AM by youhacked1.)
RE: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
This is amazing progress Henry!
I think in due time you will find a way to make this super convenient as you progress.

Forum test
(Insert Computer Specs Here)
So much Video Games.... So little time....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2014 03:56 PM by barbanium.)
@HenryEX

It works perfectly fine. But I got to note some things:
  • To make the process idiot-proof, include "downloadQuests," "quickbms," and "MHFU Save Tools" in one package.
    Do we need the other files in "quickbms" folder such as "src," "changelog.txt," "quickbms.txt," "quickbms_4gb_files.exe," and "reimport.bat?"
    If not, just disregard "quickbms" folder altogether and put "quickbms.exe" ALREADY in "MHFU Save Tools" folder.
  • Is it possible to auto-detect game region when encrypting and decrypting?
    So there's no need to enter 1, 2, or 3 to pick a game region.
  • Is there a way to skip the renaming quests?
    Instead of renaming the quests as "quest1," "quest2," ect., can't we just copy-paste the quests then straight to encrypting?
  • If you're gonna make a tutorial, include vnctdj's DLC quest title list and his pics from his thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5476
    to help users select what quests to get.
    Of course, ASK PERMISSION FROM HIM FIRST!

Code:
    QUEST TITLES

Challenge Quests

61001.mib - Challenge quest 1
    61002.mib - Challenge quest 2
    61003.mib - Challenge quest 3
    61004.mib - Challenge quest 4
    61005.mib - Challenge quest 5
    61006.mib - Challenge Quest 6
    61007.mib - Challenge Quest 7
    61008.mib - Challenge Quest 8
    61009.mib - Challenge Quest 9
    61010.mib - Challenge Quest 10
    61011.mib - Monster Hunter Fiesta 1
    61012.mib - Monster Hunter Fiesta 2
    61013.mib - Monster Hunter Fiesta 3
    61014.mib - Monster Hunter Fiesta 4

Event Quests

60010.mib - Mountain in the Sky
    60011.mib - Two Walls? Dark Winds
    60012.mib - Beasts of the Dunes
    60013.mib - Expunge the Funk!
    60014.mib - Dual Twin Horns - Arena
    60015.mib - Two Cliffs! Dark Hot Winds
    60016.mib - Demon's Teardrop Mountain
    60017.mib - Arena of Blood and Tears
    60018.mib - Four Kings of Fire
    60019.mib - Hunting God's Free-For-All
    60020.mib - Porky Panic Party!
    60021.mib - Super Hypnocatrice Brawl
    60022.mib - Surrounded in a Sea of Magma
    60023.mib - Its name is 'Mega Kut-Ku'!?
    60024.mib - Triumvirate of the Sands
    60025.mib - Laurel, Please.
    60026.mib - Baby Boom! Flocking to Sleep
    60027.mib - Jungle Hunt!
    60028.mib - Aquatic Festival
    60029.mib - The Big Daddy
    60030.mib - Black Wings of Fate
    60031.mib - Scarlet Skies
    60032.mib - A White Beam of Light
    60033.mib - 2 Colors of Meow - Sm. Arena
    60034.mib - High Altitude King
    60035.mib - Hunter's Fiesta!
    60037.mib - Tiger of the Desert
    60038.mib - Twin Terrors
  • HERE'S AN IDEA! Instead of copy-pasting, for example, "60010.mib," and renaming it to "quest1.mib,"
    why not rename those files ALREADY to their respective quest title and all the user has to do is copy-paste those files.
    Of course, your "MHFU Save Tools" needs to recognize ALL of the quest titles so it can encrypt them into the save.

@vnctdj

I don't see the letter "m" in front of the files' names when decrypting a save file which NORMALLY downloaded DLC quests.
I'm just curious. Where did you get that "m?"

That's all, folks! Big Grin

WATCH MY MHFU GAMEPLAY VIDS AT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBarbanium
Have I been helpful to you in any way, nya?
You can click that "+" button ▼ to raise my reputation, meow!
08-18-2014, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 02:06 PM by HenryEx.)
Yeah, it's a little clunky, and i already tried to make it as simple to use as possible, but there might be room for improvement. Hoping to make it as simple as possible, eventually.

As for your bullet points:

1. QuickBMS isn't my program, and i don't feel comfortable distributing it. You insist on getting vnctdj's special permission for screenshots he took from CAPCOM's intellectual property and then tell me to just take some dude's program and package it with my own stuff? Those are some weird priorities. Huh
There's also the issue of downloading random executables in .zip files. I myself feel more comfortable in downloading it from the author's website than from a .zip file off a random forum. I might ask the author for permission to include it, though, so the little extra step of "download and put exe in folder" goes away. (You only need quickbms.exe)
Similar reason for why i didn't include the quest files: They're really CAPCOM's property, and i might not be allowed to distribute them. They're in a separate file so i can easily remove the link if i have to. Maybe i can later implement a way to download them directly off their servers.

2. You need to specify game region because the save file verification is different between regions. Anything else is exactly the same between save files, so the file itself has no sign from WHICH region/game it comes from, it's not stored anywhere. It's only used to calculate a checksum, and if it's wrong, the save won't load.
If you don't specify it (or specify a wrong region), the game won't be able to read the save file.

3. I had to use this little workaround because i can't really search for files i don't know the name of in a folder. QuickBMS was really meant for extracting files, not reimporting them. Tongue
Internally (in the save file), the quests are named with missionID.mib (like m61001.mib), and when importing them, i rename them like that. They just have to be called quest1 through quest6 so i can tell the program what file to look for. Smile

5. (which is kinda part of 3)
Yeah, i'd have to write a list of every single file and tell the program to look for them. But what if there's more than 6? How do i choose which to import? QuickBMS doesn't have great capabilities for user input, sadly. As i said, meant for extraction, not insertion.
Then there's the problem that quest titles may have symbols that can't be in filenames (like question marks), so they need to be slightly different. Then the quest titles can be in multiple languages. They can be slightly misspelled and not recognized, and so on.
I also plan to eventually support custom quest importing, which can have whatever random name the author wants. It's not really possible to maintain a list of files to check for.
(quick edit: i put a list of quest names into the downloadQuest.zip, which should help.)

When i finish the custom quest import, i'll make a more comprehensive tutorial with pictures and such. I'll also have to think about how to simplify and/or change how some things work, too.

Alternate idea: you could specify the name of the 6 quests you want to import when running "encrypt save.bat". This seems even more complicated than the renaming thing, though. More chances for spelling errors, too, since quest1 through quest6 is very simple. Tongue Let me know what you think.
08-18-2014, 02:48 PM
Hey, you're the one who introduced QuickBMS to us. I had no idea where in the hell that program came from. I didn't even know it wasn't yours. Tongue

I just said use the pics that are already here JUST FOR REFERENCE so people can easily choose quests. Don't give me that "CAPCOM's intellectual property" crap.

If it wasn't clear to you, you just post those pics so people can look up what's in the quest they're getting. You don't include it in the download package.

About the DLC files, since you included the download link in this post: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...9#pid91959
I thought it's okay to compile them altogether so people won't have to look around your post just to get the things they need.
But fine, I suppose what you said is appropriate.

Everything else, do as you please.
I just posted that as suggestions, so, whatevs. Big Grin

08-18-2014, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2014 04:05 PM by vnctdj.)
Congratulations for your work, HenryEx Smile
I have read your scripts and they seem well written.
Anyway, what about the bonus contents ? Are you working on a way to decrypt them / reimporting the "bonus.mib" file in the save file ?

(08-17-2014 03:53 PM)barbanium Wrote:  @vnctdj

I don't see the letter "m" in front of the files' names when decrypting a save file which NORMALLY downloaded DLC quests.
I'm just curious. Where did you get that "m?"

I have downloaded these files directly from Capcom servers, and I haven't renamed the files.

I think I will update my thread when I will manage to do something interesting with the help of HenryEx Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-18-2014, 04:00 PM
(08-18-2014 03:50 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  I have downloaded these files directly from Capcom servers, and I haven't renamed the files.

Alrighty.

08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
@barbanium
Suggestions are good! Keep posting them if anything comes to mind.
Good news, the QuickBMS author said i can distribute his program, so the extra download step is gone. I'm also working on a script to just download any official quest you like directly from CAPCOM's servers, without a PSP. If i get it to work, there goes the problem of a separate quest .zip as well. Tongue

I tested a bit and found out that Monster Hunter doesn't care what you name the questfiles within the save. So i'm leaning towards letting the user type in the names of the quest files he wants to import. This way i can store the file names in the save and they are correctly named when you decrypt the save again.

More or less finished the quest packer/unpacker. Tested importing a custom quest with some random quest off the internet. Smile
[Image: R0xBe4m.png]
[Image: 1YvjMnD.png]

Now i just need to figure out how to make it user-friendly to operate. Big Grin

@vnctdj: I'ts still going to go through one or two changes, you should hold off on updating your thread until it's more or less ready to use.
08-20-2014, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 06:35 PM by vnctdj.)
Good job Smile

Don't hesitate to ask me if you want any help (I know how to download files from Capcom servers, for example).
Anyway, you haven't told me if you have looked at the bonus contents ? Maybe you haven't seen my post ?

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Oh yeah, i wanted to address this, but i forgot when typing the post Tongue

I know how to unlock the bonus contents now and i don't even need the encrypted file. Should i just unlock them all by default whenever i re-encrypt a savegame or should i ask the user every time?

I think the former is better, since the latter will probably be annoying.
08-20-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2014 07:02 PM by vnctdj.)
That's good news ! I can't wait to see your updated work ! Wink

I think we should ask the user if he wants to add the bonus contents, at least to inform him Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-21-2014, 05:59 PM
I might whip up some really elaborate .bat files for user input.

Also, good news! Managed to get QuickBMS to download quest files from CAPCOM's servers directly! Works more or less like the one python script that vnctdj (i have to look up the name every time i type it) showed me.
I'll set up a giant .bat file to choose which quest to download, but you could theoretically download any file, even MHP3rd quests or the like. Smile

I hope over the weekend i can bring all this together in a user-friendly form.
08-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the information Smile

I'm sure we will achieve to do a very complete thing Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-27-2014, 02:58 PM
hello I'm new here I need help regarding the MHFU freezing I just started the game but a certain quest uhmmm 1 star sinking feeling quest in the middle of hitting the popo it always crashes the ppsspp I'm on 0.9.9 version what seems to be the problem? thanks in advance
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM
hi

this game playable on my android phone but quest and menu texts unreadable. here the screenshot;

[img]i.hizliresim.com/AZjY8X.png[/img]

is this about my video settings? or what?

i have last version released today
09-02-2014, 12:08 AM
(08-20-2014 05:41 PM)HenryEx Wrote:  @barbanium
Suggestions are good! Keep posting them if anything comes to mind.
Good news, the QuickBMS author said i can distribute his program, so the extra download step is gone. I'm also working on a script to just download any official quest you like directly from CAPCOM's servers, without a PSP. If i get it to work, there goes the problem of a separate quest .zip as well. Tongue

I tested a bit and found out that Monster Hunter doesn't care what you name the questfiles within the save. So i'm leaning towards letting the user type in the names of the quest files he wants to import. This way i can store the file names in the save and they are correctly named when you decrypt the save again.

More or less finished the quest packer/unpacker. Tested importing a custom quest with some random quest off the internet. Smile
[Image: R0xBe4m.png]
[Image: 1YvjMnD.png]

Now i just need to figure out how to make it user-friendly to operate. Big Grin

@vnctdj: I'ts still going to go through one or two changes, you should hold off on updating your thread until it's more or less ready to use.
i Dont understand well this but this is DLC for MHFU And spme custom quest?? if you can tell me how to get DLC and Custom quest on ppsspp thats a lot of work i wanna test this and play it *---* sooo good man thanks for hard work

♥Join US ♥ party on EVOLVEHQ for ALL MonsterHunters English:

https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:FIlZsoO7VtIqC2x1,party:L5fuksYOCYQWJh_i

♫Status♪ Yuu-Eucliwood Tittles: → Perfect Against Chickens ← ►Kaiser of Heaven&Earth◄
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user